OOC

Zelphas

So how crowded is this coffee shop Emma is in?  I'm assuming Emma and her coworkers aren't the only ones taking cover in there, but is it busy/chaotic enough that she could plausibly disappear into the crowd and Shape Shift without being noticed?

4 hours ago, Llyarden said:

So how crowded is this coffee shop Emma is in?  I'm assuming Emma and her coworkers aren't the only ones taking cover in there, but is it busy/chaotic enough that she could plausibly disappear into the crowd and Shape Shift without being noticed?

Emma needs to make a roll to avoid an accidental change. If she avoids the involuntary change, the situation is there really is nowhere obvious to make a change that wouldn't be noticed by the many people in the area. But, using a HAP Emma would notice Starbase workers fleeing out the coffee shop's alleyway back entrance which they left open OR you can make up a convenient spot to change without being noticed. 

11 hours ago, coreal said:

Going to throw a combat driving check in here, as a guide in just how quick he can pull off following the cruiser a bit and stashing his uber rental in an actual parking spot before getting involved. 🙂

Combat Driving:3d6

Okay... not sure why, but that inline dice code totally didn't generate a result.  Will use the table method.

That's a success, even with people running everywhere and getting in the way.

21 minutes ago, Llyarden said:

Would the HAP obviate the roll against the involuntary change?  If so, I'll spend that.  If not, I'll roll the thing...

Emma avoids the change and you can use the HAP to find a spot to change if you want.

Everyone: all heroes (except Vendetta) are within a city block (100m) of the three gunmen. With the panicked crowds in your way, having to change, but using Non-Combat Movement, the heroes should reach the criminals in under a minute. Downtown FC has all the normal comic-book city stuff: rooftops, fire escapes, sewer tunnels, alleyways, panicked bystanders, all kinds of adjacent vehicles, light/sign posts, ect. The map below is just for general positioning: 

• Grigori is literally across the street from the accident/gunmen
  • Prismatica is across the intersection near the adjacent corner
  • Ironworks is further down the same block Prismatica is on
  • Lamplighter is further down the same block the accident/thugs are on
  • I didn't move Preserver but he should be at the intersection very close to the accident/thugs
  • Vendetta is enroute and will arrive next round
  • the large SUV's (black Cadillac Escalade) front half is inside a restaurant having smashed through the window/entrance
  • an FCPD officer is trapped in his cruiser as the 3 thugs are firing directly at his vehicle (and spraying the area intermittently)
  • 3 citizens are down (hit by ricocheted bullets) within 30m of the thugs
  • blocked/abandoned vehicles and fleeing/hiding people prevent vehicle movement on the block
  • it's nighttime but there's illumination from streetlights and sidewalks/streets are dry

Ask if you have questions.

Screenshot2023-04-21103516.png.c6845a3941c70c6b47569647a8a2e33a.png

Ooh, only saw this after I posted. Hope my post still makes sense in context. If I have to spend a HAP to get Jake a spot to put on his bargain-basement superhero disguise, I do so.

What's the rough scale on the map?

8 minutes ago, pesukarhu said:

Ooh, only saw this after I posted. Hope my post still makes sense in context. If I have to spend a HAP to get Jake a spot to put on his bargain-basement superhero disguise, I do so.

What's the rough scale on the map?

The map isn't to scale. Ironworks is about 100m from the gunmen.

How tall are the buildings around the intersection with the cop car and thugs? I'm imagining a noncombat jump to a good vantage point for either ranged attacks or half-move / attack combo, so low rooftop would be ideal.

1 hour ago, pesukarhu said:

How tall are the buildings around the intersection with the cop car and thugs? I'm imagining a noncombat jump to a good vantage point for either ranged attacks or half-move / attack combo, so low rooftop would be ideal.

Let's say the average building in this area is 15m tall (about 3 stories). If that's too tall you can use a HAP to edit the scene to your liking.

21 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Let's say the average building in this area is 15m tall (about 3 stories). If that's too tall you can use a HAP to edit the scene to your liking.

That's fine. Ironworks is going to leap to the roof of whichever building on either side of the crashed SUV is lower (i.e. the one it crashed into or the beige building across the street), or has a lower setback or balcony (and if so he'll target that). If they're equal, the beige building. He has a 136m noncombat move, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Should I post that to the IC thread, or are you going to post something there first?

6 minutes ago, pesukarhu said:

That's fine. Ironworks is going to leap to the roof of whichever building on either side of the crashed SUV is lower (i.e. the one it crashed into or the beige building across the street), or has a lower setback or balcony (and if so he'll target that). If they're equal, the beige building. He has a 136m noncombat move, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Should I post that to the IC thread, or are you going to post something there first?

No stand-by. Still waiting on 3 other players to post IC and it's the weekend so expect delays. Thanks for being so active! 

In the absence of a more convenient place to put this (and because changing them takes a full Phase so I can't just do it on the fly), Emma's Variable Limitations are set to Restrainable (the -1/2 version) by default.