OOC

Zelphas

2 hours ago, Llyarden said:

In the absence of a more convenient place to put this (and because changing them takes a full Phase so I can't just do it on the fly), Emma's Variable Limitations are set to Restrainable (the -1/2 version) by default.

Noted.

18 hours ago, RedRajah said:

Question: can we take an action in our post (besides changing) or are we just setting up before initiative?

With your position just across the street from the gunmen, you can take an action. We aren't doing initiative with this campaign: unless the heroes are Surprised, they always go first.

Scene Update:

• Vendetta arrives (to the left)
  • There's 3 wounded people laying in the area
  • Ironworks on a rooftop across from the gunmen
  • Lamplighter appears between 2 gunmen
  • Preserver's at the street corner and can currently use the building for cover
  • Prismatica just across the street with a good view of the gunmen
  • Grigori's still inside the club but has a clear view of the the gunmen, Lamplighter and some of the wounded
  • The gunmen are still firing but not as often
  • The FCPD cruiser is shot up pretty bad and the cop/driver is crouched down in the front seat
  • There's several vehicles stuck in traffic in the area, some abandoned and some with passengers
  • The crowds have cleared the area and remain on the perimeter about a half block away watching 
  • There are people, some wounded, inside the restaurant the SUV crashed into and several nearby businesses have people hiding inside
  • The heroes get the first series of actions - remember once you attack, that's the end of your turn; the Thugs have DCV 2 (Surprised), Body 10 and they haven't noticed the heroes yet; attacks from 9m-16m away (across the street from the gunmen) suffer a -2 penalty

DTF.png.3783dd8ac55c6674e206458afefdf033.png

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Llyarden said:

Do we just get one Phase's worth of actions (regardless of our Speed) or are we just each taking all our Phases at once?

You get the normal amount of actions allowed, but because I gifted the heroes initiative, you have a distinct advantage. I need players to know what types of actions (full phase/half-phase/zero phase/no phase) they're doing. I'm not playing your character for you. But if you have questions please ask. Please let this be easy 🙂

5 minutes ago, Llyarden said:

Okay, last question (I hope) - changing into my superhero identity is a Full Phase for me, I assume that would come out of my three Phases?

Prismatica isn't actively in combat when she changes so Phases don't exactly matter. It would take a few seconds in combat. She can engage the gunmen when you decide.

51 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

I need players who understand how to play Champions. I am not running your PC and the rest of the game.

Oof, that sounded a bit harsh, to my ears at least.

If I understand @Llyarden's question, I don't think we're doing any fancy "condense an entire Turn into a single post" thing, so it's just just phase-by-phase. I assume we're in the traditional Segment 12 surprise round, if we were doing the full time chart. But given that we're flexing a bit, it's important to be clear, so it seems like a reasonable setting-the-ground-rules question.

One nice thing about being in Seg 12, is that everyone gets to go, so we can just jump in, narrate a phase of action, then go from there. (IIUC, etc., etc.)

15 hours ago, pesukarhu said:

Oof, that sounded a bit harsh, to my ears at least.

If I understand @Llyarden's question, I don't think we're doing any fancy "condense an entire Turn into a single post" thing, so it's just just phase-by-phase. I assume we're in the traditional Segment 12 surprise round, if we were doing the full time chart. But given that we're flexing a bit, it's important to be clear, so it seems like a reasonable setting-the-ground-rules question.

One nice thing about being in Seg 12, is that everyone gets to go, so we can just jump in, narrate a phase of action, then go from there. (IIUC, etc., etc.)

Didn't mean to be harsh - just clear. Champions' wording in relation to "turns" "segments" and "phases" is complicated to the point of stupidity IMO (Villains & Vigilantes has a similar "tick-based" system that's far more intuitive). As I posted during Recruitment, we are not using Champions' initiative system to include the 12-segment aspect. Instead unless the heroes are Surprised you always go first. On their turn a character can perform:

• A Full-Phase action and that action ONLY
  • 2 Half-Phase actions
  • Zero-Phase actions, which can be performed anytime except after an attack
  • No-Time actions, which can be performed anytime

Does that make sense? If not let's work it out now so it isn't an issue going forward 🙂

On 4/24/2023 at 12:01 PM, Jedaii said:

Does that make sense? If not let's work it out now so it isn't an issue going forward 🙂

That makes sense to me, at least. It doesn't explain all the details (how does SPD matter, are there turns, is there an equivalent to the post-segment-12 recovery, etc.), but I don't need to know all those details up front. I'll just post in full-phase increments, wait for everyone else to take a phase, then go from there.

17 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

Haven't forgotten you folks. Just having a rough week. Once I get rested I'll update the IC 😉

Best of luck with the week!

On 4/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, pesukarhu said:

That makes sense to me, at least. It doesn't explain all the details (how does SPD matter, are there turns, is there an equivalent to the post-segment-12 recovery, etc.), but I don't need to know all those details up front. I'll just post in full-phase increments, wait for everyone else to take a phase, then go from there.

Best of luck with the week!

SPD wouldn't matter since it applies to Champions' initiative. "Turns" are the actions a character can take during combat. Characters can still Recover as a Full-Phase action ONLY. Thanks!

Grigori causes the gunman to pause while Vendetta and Lamplighter have the next action and can still attack, if desired.

Preserver took out one gunman and Ironworks has another immobilized in a grab.

DTF2.png.da36c32b235fd4ade23e9a644de70de7.png