Explore guild search and find mission

wrathgon

A job posting comes on the local net offering free membership to any crew that can investigate what happened to an Explorer Gone Missing please contact for more information of the route they wish you to follow to track down what happened to their man

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

Kartesh enqiresas to the name of the missing person or persons and what type of vessal were they travelling in? and it's name? and if it had a transponder?

He will that take that information,excuse himself from the conversation and since the Captain had not given him these maps prior or they were sitting on a desk somewhere...

He will plot the paths to  each planet individually,he will also look for any spacial hazards along the routes that may have been a factor in the disappearamce/

Mage Tech Planet One check taking 10 = 28

Mage Tech Planet Two check taking 10 = 28

Mage Tech Planet Three check taking 10 =28

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

35792992571_4c5ff3b357_o.jpg.d5d3923f8ade93ee0d15c4aab5a8f4a8.jpg  As an official member of the guild Farhvan happily backs the plan to take this particular job. "It's a good chance to vent two pyjacks with one shot. Can't hurt to get in the guilds good graces either."

OOC/Mechanics

Hide this

On 4/21/2023 at 11:01 AM, cheezal said:

Kartesh enqiresas to the name of the missing person or persons and what type of vessal were they travelling in? and it's name? and if it had a transponder?

He will that take that information,excuse himself from the conversation and since the Captain had not given him these maps prior or they were sitting on a desk somewhere...

He will plot the paths to  each planet individually,he will also look for any spacial hazards along the routes that may have been a factor in the disappearamce/

Mage Tech Planet One check taking 10 = 28

Mage Tech Planet Two check taking 10 = 28

Mage Tech Planet Three check taking 10 =28

The route of the guild explorer, which is a grav immune ship, when you plot the route has to through a system that has 4 super black holes around it. While the system has no planets left, it's got a Brown Star that is exactly where it should be to be out of range of the 4 black holes for now. If anything that is where the route could have gone wrong. 

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

When Jake looks over the possible route of the missing Explorer's, he raises an eyebrow at the fact it had four super blackholes around a brown star with no planets in the system. Turning to Kartesh he asks You think you can navigate a safe route and should I take my ship so we are not both risking our life to investigate that route? It looks pretty tricky and i like to think i am a pretty good navigator on top of being a pilot, I would prefer a better navigator look it over. If I find any clues i can bring it back and we go from there.

looking at the distance you need the main ship to get there, and the time drive would be needed to thread the route no other type of ship could get to the center without time not moving. While the gravity of the black holes DOES affect your main ship, the route needs a ship that goes through other materials like the massive rock fields of the planets of the multiple systems leading UP to the black holes on this side and there is no way to get to another side without going through that system in the middle. 

Kartesh will do some scouring of historical records to see if there is any record of the first pilgrims or pioneers that brought the information of the three Mage tech worlds,someone either lied about getting to the planets or actually made it there and back past the black holes.

He will look up how they achieved it,studying the scientific data of the gravitational field zones of each black hole ,to see if there is any course through the other than go through the planet,or find out if anyone did that and how..

Computer Use Check Taking 10 = 26

Knowledge:History check Taking 10 =16

Knowledge:Physical Sciences check Taking 10 = 16

Navigate Check Taking 10 = 28

Diplomacy check if i have to speak to people about it taking 10 = 22

Research check taking 10 if this is classed as Research = 21

So Any research if any took 3 hours.

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
Number of Research hours if Research
1d4 3