Act 2, Part 1: Trouble at Oleg's

Kavonde

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | FP: 2

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6

Æthelflæd fiddles with their suit, surveying the carnage with a disdainful sniff. Thomas gestures his auditory illusion back into life--softer, now; the clink of metal and metal and the satisfied, wordless laughter of men who have struck it rich.

Moving quickly, and with a glance at his fey companion to enlist their help, he drops his pack, opens it, and gestures Antonia over to collect some of the gaudy decor they'd dolled her up in. Some of it goes in the pack, some left spilled just outside.

As the others move the body, he arranges the pack well into the clearing. The quieter sound of clinking coin continues, coming from inside the pack.

Then, rubbing his hands together with a sinister chuckle, he and Æthelflæd take cover and wait for the latest of the bandits to arrive.

OOC/mechanics

Antonia RullianusClaire-removebg-preview.png.04c2cfe7b1184c8ebb7da2b1d9db6e4f.png

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 3/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Panache: ✖️ | Conditions: None

At Thomas's urging, Antonia returns the jewels and shiny items to their pack and quirks as brow as she watched them intricately set up the facsimile of a spilled bag of goodies. A wry smirk remains on her face as she notices the mischievous glee that comes with their antics. "You know, Thomas, I'm beginning to think you are enjoying this far too much." She chuckles quietly and yanks the corset knife from the dead brute's body. The fencer wipes the remaining blood staining its blade on the corpse's shirt before sliding it back into its sheath beneath her shirt. Finally, she slinks away behind the row of stones that once hid her weapons. "Careful now, more are coming."

Mechanics

Action 1 - Retrieve Corset Knife

Action 2 - Sheathe Corset Knife

Action 3 - Hide behind the rocks. (Rolled stealth in Forge but I can't move or see my rolls 😞 )

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)

image.png.5bee56e36745271f76b0d86a3c4f8045.png

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7image.png.ee2050fec237379a2949f7b183fe1591.png
Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9
Hero Points: O | Focus Points: O

With a wave of his hand and an infernal word, Zakon dismisses his familiar to burrow beneath the soil once more. He then returns to his position behind the largest boulder. Surely, their opponents would arrive with their guard up and not be so easily taken but even if only the one bandit arrived, they will have reduced their opponent's fighting forces by half.

Edited by BlackHat (see edit history)

y0rRwhX.png

Thomas of Nowhere | checked-shield.svgAC: 18 | health-normal.svg HP: 30/30 | awareness.svg Per: +5 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7 | FP: 2

Æthelflæd | checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | awareness.svg Per: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +8 | Will: +6

"Incomin'. One," Thomas whispers, indicating the the others should move the remaining body and then hide. The pack, close to the rocks, keeps clinking and jingling. He winks at Antonia, stroking an imaginary moustache, before he disappears from sight.

Æthelflæd visibly stifles a sigh before doing the same.

OOC/mechanics

Our brave heroes scurry back into hiding so that they might ambush a lone, exhausted, out-of-shape bandit.

They can hear his wheezing long before he actually comes into view. The man is heavily muscled, but clearly has never been a fan of cardio; he wears a brown hide vest over a stained olive green tunic, and his receding hair and bushy beard are dripping with sweat. He staggers to a stop, leaning against a tree, looking around in confusion while he tries to regain his breath.

"Berthold?" he asks after a few ragged seconds. "Reiner?"

No answer. The man does not think to reach for his club, instead moving slowly towards the rocks and his would-be ambushers, his eyes scanning the area for any sign of his companions. "Oy, d'you get 'er? Mates?" He pauses, then scowls. "This be'er not be like that time we robbed that posh family an' you lot snuck off an' left me while I was playin' with the toddler's entrails, an' then those peasants found us an' I had ta strangle 'em all meself so's they wouldn't report it. Long bloody day, that. An' some wolves ate the toddler afore I could get back an' finish me art piece. Waste of a good canvas, that."

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Sija Bhatyani - Half-Elf Ranger 2

HP: 32/32 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 | Focus: 1/1

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +7 | Will: +6 

Conditions-None| ResourcesInfused Items:
-2x Lesser Antidote
-2x Minor Elixir of Life

Consumables:
-1 PC affixed to dandpatta

Talismans:
-

Items:
-
| AbilitiesFocus Spells:
-Gravity Weapon

Abilities
-Darkvision
-Flurry
-Monster Hunter

Actions:
-Hunt Prey
-Twin Takedown
-Battle Medicine
| Skills*Acrobatics: +5
*Arcana: +5
*Athletics: +8
Crafting: +1
Deception: +0
Diplomacy: +0
*Herbalism Lore: +5
Intimidate: +0
*Medicine: +6
**Nature: +8
*Occultism: +5
Performance: +0
*Religion: +6
Society: +1
*Stealth: +5
*Survival: +6
Thievery: +1

*Trained | **Expert | ***Master

Sija dives back behind her rock at Thomas' warning, and just in time, as a swarthy bandit comes into view only moments later. When she hears what he says though, her vision goes white. She doesn't know what happens or how, but suddenly she's there, with one of her blades in his gut.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: Hunt Prey

Action 2: Move

Action 3: Twin Takedown (Attack 2 rolled 21, 10 damage)

Reaction: None, yet

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Elf Atavism (Darkvision)

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

Antonia RullianusClaire-removebg-preview.png.04c2cfe7b1184c8ebb7da2b1d9db6e4f.png

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 (-1) | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

The bandits little monologue earns a snarl of disgust and a rolling of Antonia's eyes. She stands to engage the cretin and finds Sija has already sunk her blade in his gut. "Now now, Sija. Let's not be too hasty. I think I have an art piece of my own I'd like to finish." She speaks with a menacing tone and points the tip of her rapier at the Bandit's stomach. "Give me some space to work, hmm?" The fencer suddenly darts forward and makes a series of swipes with her pointed blade, but seemingly to no avail. Antonia frowns, "I can't quite finish my art piece if my canvas is wiggling around like that. Or perhaps we should leave him for the wolves."

Mechanics

Action 1 - Stride

Action 2 - Feint - Rolled 17 - ??? (Not sure if its a success or not)

Action 3 - Strike - Rolled 13 😕 *Using hero point!*.....Rolled a 13 again. Miss 😞

y0rRwhX.png

"Hope th'hell y'end up in is keepin' a poker warm fer ye, gobshite." Thomas rises with anger twisting his boyishly handsome face for the first time the others have seen so far, his wyrd rippling around Aethelflaed, who comes in around the same time Antonia does from the other side. The clinking of coin dies away, leaving Æthelflæd's face pinched in distaste and Æthelflæd's long limbs lashing out with their staff of office.

OOC/mechanics

1: Act Together (Thomas - Boost Companion, Eidolon - Stride into a flanking position)
2+3: Strike, Strike

The bandit never even has a chance to draw his weapon. Sija's blade cuts into him; Antonia's rapier pierces his heart; and before he can succumb to those mortal wounds, Aethelflaed brains him with a sharp blow that cracks his skull.

Truly, no one ever appreciates an artist in his time.

After a moment, it becomes clear that none of the other bandits are leaving their camp. That should leave just four, counting their leader, Kressle.

The sun has nearly set, but surely the disappearance of half their number will elicit some sort of response from the bandits. It's time for the team to decide how to proceed from here.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

-2x Lesser Antidote
-2x Minor Elixir of Life

Consumables:

Talismans:
-

Items:
-
| AbilitiesFocus Spells:
-Gravity Weapon

Abilities
-Darkvision
-Flurry
-Monster Hunter

Actions:
-Hunt Prey
-Twin Takedown
-Battle Medicine

Sija wipes her blades on the corpse and sheathes them. She quickly glances over the bodies, checking for anything useful for the coming fight. She hasn't spoken since before the last bandit arrived, and she remains silent aside from the faint sound of grinding teeth. Her jaw is set as she finishes and turns to start striding toward the base, murder in her eyes.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: Hunt Prey

Action 2: Move

Action 3: Twin Takedown (Attack 2 rolled 21, 10 damage)

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Sija looks like a typical Vudran woman, often dressing in the more traditional fabric wrap of her homeland and often a headscarf or shawl. She often wears some form of ornamentation or jewelry on hands, ears, neck, and brow. She is older than most, though as a half-elf she wears her six decades with dignity and grace, with few signs of the decrepitude often seen in similarly aged humans. She is tall, and stands with a straight back and good posture. Her arm is strong and well-corded with sinew and muscle, perhaps appearing a touch wiry, and her skin a bit weathered from years outside. Her hair was once a glossy black, though now it is streaked with gray; more with each passing day.

She can often be found with a cudgel, a wicked-looking curved dagger, and a whip hanging from her belt. She wears these, and warm outer clothes or a cloak to protect her from the elements, when she travels. When expecting trouble she throws a bandolier on that's filled with flasks of healing ointments and poultices.

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Antonia quickly fetches a handkerchief from her pocket and uses it to clean the blood off of the end of her blade. "A quicker death than was deserved, for sure." She glances towards Sija and quirks a brow, "Not so hasty, dear. We've done the part of lessening their numbers. Let us regroup and decide our best approach, given the ever-changing circumstances. They will be more alert now. I still say that our best bet is to unburden them of their watchful marksmen. But if you all are feeling confident, then do not let me stand in your way. My blade will join yours in battle either way."

Mechanics

Action 1 - Gathering my stuff and, if I'm able, donning my armor once more.

Action 2 - N/A

Action 3 - N/A

image.png.4c4b77ae102cad34c4f41a5c079e932f.pngLerris Ninthborne

health-normal.svgHP: 32/32 |checked-shield.svg AC: 21 (Raised Shield) | awareness.svg Per: + 5 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +4 | Will: +8 | Hero: 1 | Languages: Common (Taldane), Hallit, Skald

"Right. Taking care of their bowman ought to be pretty high on priorities, nothing kills faster than an arrow or bolt." Lerris said as he slipped his longsword back into its sheath, then he crouched over one of the bodies. Taking a moment to give a small prayer for the man and his fellows.

"But... we've got there number eight to four right now. Two to one. I reckon if we show that, we might be able to finish this up without any more bodies. Which if you ask me is always the best outcome." Lerris said as he stood up fully from his position of prayer, eyes turning towards the camp.

-2x Lesser Antidote
-2x Minor Elixir of Life

Consumables:

Talismans:
-

Items:
-
| AbilitiesFocus Spells:
-Gravity Weapon

Abilities
-Darkvision
-Flurry
-Monster Hunter

Actions:
-Hunt Prey
-Twin Takedown
-Battle Medicine

Sija slows to allow ANtoNia time to put on armor, but no more. "The time for talking is past. The longer we delay the more they realize the ruse. Let's go finish this bloody business."

When Lerris speaks she turns to him in shock, "You heard the man, and you want fewer bodies? I'm not walking to that camp to have a conversation!" She says, pointing with a bared blade that glints in the sunlight.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Action 1: Never mind maneuvers; let's go straight at 'em.

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Free: 

Exploration Activity: 

Feats

-Monster Hunter

-Battle Medicine

-Natural Medicine

-Herbalist Dedication

--Advanced Alchemy

--Alchemical Crafting

-Twin Takedown

-Gravity Weapon

Appearance

Gear

Worn

-Clothing (Winter)

-Breastplate

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-Healer's tools

-Bandolier

Weapons

-Club

-Corset Knife

-2x Dandpatta (PC)

-Flyssa

-5x Darts

-Whip

Containers

Backpack

-Bedroll

-Climbing Kit

-Rations (2 weeks)

-5x Sacks

-5x Torches

-Waterskin

Bandoliers

-4x Flasks Oil

Belt/Pouch

-10x Chalk

-Crowbar

-Flint and Steel

-Soap

-2x Candles

-2gp 4sp 6cp

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

Antonia RullianusAntonia.png.9f8607c4267af315ee541aab9448ad9d.png

Swashbuckler Fencer 2

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svgHP: 30/30 | awareness.svgPer: +5 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 | Hero: 2/3 | Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Having completed with the process of donning her armor, Antonia walks up next Lerris while slipping on one of her black gloves. "She has a point, Lerris. Why spare them a mercy or a prayer? I can assure you, they've killed people who were much more deserving of it, and spared them neither of the two. Besides, you never struck me as the praying sort. I suppose we learn new things about our friends every day." She gave him a sideways stare and a wicked looking smile.

With her gloves on Antonia is ready to go. Although, she does give Sija a pouting expression. "I suppose it is unlikely you all will wait for me to fix my makeup. So, fine, yes. Let's be on with it." She rolls her shoulders and performs a stretching maneuver to prepare for their short jog. "I hope you all have been practicing your cardio." She gives a pointed look towards the Judge, her wicked grin still beaming brightly.

Mechanics

Action 1 - N/A

Action 2 - N/A

Action 3 - N/A

image.png.5bee56e36745271f76b0d86a3c4f8045.png

Zakon Malheur

HP: 20/20 | AC: 14 | Perception: +7image.png.ee2050fec237379a2949f7b183fe1591.png
Fort: +4 | Ref: +4 | Will: +9
Hero Points: O | Focus Points: O

Zakon had not been practicing cardio although he did seem in surprisingly fair shape for a man in his waning years. He also didn't seem to be in the same hurry that some of his companions were. In his assessment, it did particularly matter if the bandits saw through their ruse, at this point. He also did not mind being one of the last to arrive. He spoke a few forbidden words to the worm that burrowed beneath his feet but chose not to weigh in on the topic of whether or not the bandits were due a fair trial or how they should not be judged based on the despicable actions of one of their associates. That was a topic for another night.