Break out Act 1; The Conclusion

Gspawn

image.jpeg.74fff9a6d8fc54b3486eda55e0ac15d8.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 3, XP: 3

"Was that a joke?" Spider-man asks, incredulously. "I didn't know you could make jokes!" He exclaims.  "I'm not even upset about upstaging my schtick.  I'm just so proud to have been here for this moment." Spidey says, sounding a bit like he's about to cry.  

"To answer your question, Doc Ock, Kravan the Hunter, Rhino (man, I feel cheated that he didn't stick around to fight Ben!  Now that would have been a sight!), ... Actually, I didn't see them all this time.  Who is in the Sniveling Six these days anyway? 

spacer.png

Felicia tried to be inconspicuous as she watched Widow walk away. She followed her and climbed into the helicopter, 'Great, Spider's sense of humor is spreading.' She put on a set headphones as the rotors started to spin up. "Looks like the Six is going pretty classic from what we saw. Ock, Rhino, Kraven, Vulture, who I'm surprised is still in the game, and Mysterio but I don't think that Electro came here to break them out. Max has always been a gun for hire so I bet someone paid him to cause the breakout."

She paused while the rest of the group climbed aboard the helicopter, no need to repeat herself about the next part. "Something this big, word is going to get around and, luckily, you all have access to a card-carrying member of the New York criminal underworld. I know where to go and who to ask so I can either go alone..." She glanced in Widow's direction, doubting that she was going to let Felicia off the leash so soon, "Or I'm going to need you guys to be discreet." She hoped that at least a few members of the group understood subtlety, having some backup would be nice if word of her helping out contain the breakout. "Of course, we could always go with the classic 'grab a bad guy and squeeze him for info'." She let the statement hang in the air as she waited for a decision.

Spending 1 plot point to create crime resource Deke, bartender at the Bar With No Name.

Currently 2 plot points.

Currently 7xp.

Edited by Oldedog (see edit history)

image.jpeg.74fff9a6d8fc54b3486eda55e0ac15d8.jpegThe Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker, Secret ID

Plot Points: 3, XP: 3

"What size hat do you wear, anyway, Grimm? 30?  Oh, 30 and a quarter?" Spider-man asks.  "But wait-a-minnit!  I thought we were going for chili dogs!"

Once everyone was on the chopper eventually heading back into the city Black Cat and widow knowing too well where the bar with no name is. Logan, Spider-man, Kitty, Ben, head not to bary from Barry's corner stand with the best chilli dogs in town. Depending on @DarkisNotEvil Matt Murdock after his treatment may join the group of finally come around as Daredevil.  

However inside Widow slinks into the shadows not far from Felicia but hidden enough so it seems like a casual visit. 

Black Cat knows exactly who to talk to for some information and right after his comedy performance making them all laugh. He returns to his bar-tending in the corner. Seeing Black Cat seductively sway herself to the bar. He looks at you with a "Typical day in the neighborhood" Look. 

Deke: "Well not what's bringing a Black Cat around to my bar this time around? You gonna be a good girl or there gonna be some bad luck following you? You don't stop by often so I assume this is not a teasing foreplay of flirtation tonight. Whats the drink tonight? Martini shaken not stirred, Straight shot from your best friend Jack, Or perhaps Straight from Venice classical red wine." 

The Young man behind the counter gives Kitty an odd look when she orders two more chili dogs than Ben does. Of course once they find a seat, Kitty takes two and sets the others next to her as her best friend swoops down next to her, gives her a nuzzle. "You're welcome buddy. i know you missing Carnage was low blood sugar." Giving her winged friend encouragement.

For his part Lockheed locks eyes with Ben in a challenge.... a chili dog eating contest. As soon as Ben starts eating Lockheed digs in with gusto.

bcprofile.jpg.2892d8806bd71325c9a3e144619d761d.jpg

She leaned against the bar, letting her best asset serve as an added distraction. "You know me too well, a glass of red and some info if you have it." She took a sip once Deke was done pouring her a glass, "Any idea who caused the blackout tonight? I'm wondering if it was a one off or if they're planning a repeat performance." She glanced around the room, looking to see if anyone was taking too much interest in her conversation and making sure on of the recently escaped Sinister Six didn't make an appearance and ruin her plan. "Got a heist coming up and wouldn't mind arranging for it to happen during another blackout, lot easier to avoid alarms when there's no power."

Milestone (Questionable Ethics): +1xp when you lie to someone who trust you.

Currently 2 plot points.

Currently 8xp.

yMa8gUU.jpg

"Logan" The Wolverine

Logan knew peril in all its guises. He'd stared death int he eye more times than he cared to recall, and come out the other side—or not at all. The riot at the Raft had rattled something deep, awakening old haunts he'd thought long buried. The answers they sought were here, or so they claimed. Like as not, this was a fool's errand.

They had soon arrived.

He'd walked through places like this before. Hell, he'd walked through worse. Dives where the dregs of villainy gathered to drink and scheme in equal measure, plotting their next foul deeds over cheap whiskey and bruised knuckles. This was their best lead, slim as it was, and they had no choice but choosing to follow it.

The door creaked shut at his back as Logan stepped into dim, close quarters. Sensations crashed over him in a wave. Stale beer and nicotine, sweat and fear. Dim lights that hid more than they revealed, muffled shouts and clinking glasses the only sounds breaking the gloomy silence. The floor was sticky under his boots, grimed and scuffed from countless ragged soles passing over. Peeling posters advertised God-only-knows, relics of depravity past. The bar itself looked beaten and scarred, years of use and abuse etched into weathered wood. What remained of a 'No Weapons' policy was naught but a grim suggestion, riddled as it was with bullet holes.

Logan made his way to the shadows, senses on high alert. He ignored the daggers in sidelong glares. He slipped into a crouch against the wall, resting beside the Widow. Their reputation preceded them.

spacer.png
Daredevil The Man Without Fear
Matt Murdock [Secret] {8XP|3PP}

"I'm fine," Murdock declares to Hill, and then takes a step and nearly teeters over. It's a bit of an act, but it helps keep up the show of being a lawyer and not a superhero. "Okay, not fine. But I expect a couple of calls from the inmates and I really need to get back to Nelson and Murdock sometime today. Foggy needs a break, and I need to apologize for losing his work." The fact that he was pulled down an elevator shaft twice in the same day and nearly eaten in the service of his law firm doesn't even seem to register to Murdock.

@Rudolf Matt smiles at Ben, holding out a hand in the direction of his voice. "Matthew Murdock of Nelson and Murdock. We handle odd cases, as you can probably tell. I've heard you before. You're... Mr. Grimm, yes? The 'Grimm Reaper' at State." He attempted to covertly pocket the Daredevil billy clubs, taking them out of the conversation.

The apology and Foggy's break would need to come later. After he was treated, Matt vanished, reporting up the successful talk with Robert, taking the rest of the day on medical, and returned as Daredevil, showing up at the bar quietly as if it were second nature to him. "So if you would get me up to speed? I just got finished talking with Murdock, but I want to hear it from you all. Firsthand versus secondhand evidence, and all that."

Edited by DarkisNotEvil (see edit history)

Kitty, Ben and spider-man gets the visit from Daredevil himself as some time passes by as the four of you take the time to tell your tales of what happened on the raft catching him up to speed. Especially helps as Barry finishes Tallying the Bill and comes out to being $150 Tab and climing as you guy's order enough chilli dogs with Nacho cheese covered french fries to close him out early 

Meanwhile Logan watches on from the room as Black Cat struts her assets to Deke. Deke knows her game enough to raise an eyebrow and just like a true professional smirks and looks around before speaking. Low enough of a tone only cat cat hear now that the Jazz band starting picking up the beat in the room to conceal any hope of anyone listening in on the conversation. 

Deke: "You so owe me a romantic evening carriage ride though Central Park with a more fancy Dinner and maybe pick up something along the way and piss off a few cops if you like it fun"

As the music kicks into high gear the flirtation under the table ends as he gets down to brass tacks

Deke: "Everyone who was here last week on Jazz night knows Electro was gonna pull this off. His drunken self can handle his liquor. *Coughs and goes for bad german accents* "I AM Electro and I'm gonna try to rulez zeh world but 1st zee needs sa money... don't make fun my veiner-shizel jaus cause Zi suit is tight on me and I've spill me beers-tine at my crotch" *Speaks normally* Then confessing he met some Girl in Paris and wants to get out of the business or at least a long extended vacation. No one knows how much or who is the client but let's just say it is even enough for you to daringly do it yourself"    

“Didja hear that? Guy’s a football fan too. Next time I get sued, I’m giving him a call.”IMG_1792.jpeg

The Thing leaned against the wall, and lit a cigar. He wasn’t about to start flirting with the bartender himself, he figured he was just here in case someone got it in their head to try something stupid.

“Macanudo?” He asked Wolverine, holding out a second cigar.

He ignored Daredevil. Not much point in filling the guy in, he missed all the excitement.

spacer.png

"I'll have to owe you the dinner, my dance card's a bit full for the near future." Felicia wasn't sure how long it would be before she made her way back to the Bar With No Name, if she went full-time hero, the next time she might not be so welcome but the IOU to Deke was a problem for future Felicia. 'Not sure which is more surprising, that Max found a girl that can put up with him or that she's in Paris.' It made sense that Electro had left the country after pulling such a high profile job, he may not have been well known as a villain outside of New York but SHIELD had eyes everywhere in the States and would have definitely found him before too long, plus she figured that the superhero population of Paris was way less then the Big Apple.

Felicia was thankful for the music picking up, it made it less likely that interested third parties could listen in. "Well, good for Max. Let me guess, girl's an electrician so they have tons to talk about. She must be something special, takes a lot for one of us to get out of the game, at least for more then a few months." She hoped that Deke had more info to share, it was going to be a nightmare trying to locate Electro or his mystery girl in Paris, even with the resources of SHIELD and Wolverine's tracking abilities to call upon.

Currently 2 plot points.

Currently 8xp.

Edited by Oldedog (see edit history)

Deke"Well there was at least one name that stuck out that he had to prioritize getting out otherwise he was not getting paid. Karl Lykos. Don't know if anyone round here knows the name but that is all I got Kitty Cat. Imm'a Hold you to that dinner" 

Before long the bartender went off to go take care of other patrons in the building as you can see Widow look at you and logan and nod as if lets get a move on. 

Everyone else outside clearly cleaned Barry out of all of his Chilli dogs as Lockheed trying to out eat the thing in chilli dog contests ends with him laying on Kitty's lap like Garfield

(Players at your discretion, do you want to Going to break out act 2 or extend the game with Electro as an encounter?) 

Edited by Gspawn (see edit history)

Spider-man, dressed similarly as The Thing, though looking more like he as the Thing's kid tagging along behind Ben... with a red face.  Only eats one Chili Dog.  He didn't even try to get in on the contest, knowing full well that if he ate two, he'd be too stuffed to 'spider'... and get gassy.  

He did develop a craving for 5 Guys French Fries that he resists.

bcprofile.jpg.2892d8806bd71325c9a3e144619d761d.jpg

"Thanks, Deke. Let me get a whiskey, neat,... actually make it two. My new friends won't appreciate me being the only one drinking." Felicia wasn't surprised that the bartender had nothing else to really offer, criminals liked to talk about big jobs but good bartenders knew when to stop listening. She joined Natasha and Logan once the drinks were poured. "Yes, I thought about vodka but it seemed a bit cliche." She remarked as the glasses slid across the table.

"So apparently, Electro has headed out of town. He's supposed to have a girl somewhere in Paris but that's all Deke knew about her. He did have a name for who Electro was supposed to bust out of the Raft, Karl Lykos. Ring any bells?" Felicia was on a first name basis with a good portion of the costumed criminal underworld but the name wasn't familiar to her. He was almost certainly a villain, however. No one ended up in the Raft for anything as mundane as tax evasion.

Currently 2 plot points.

Currently 8xp.