Leveling Up - General Questions

cailano

As far as equipment and treasure go, any treasure or gear that made it onto the boat can still be with you. For example, the flail that Obraun had, or Bar's spear if Excior decides to stick with Molly.

The fate of any character in the game that isn't one of the chosen PCs is unknown. They could reappear in a number of different ways or never.

But that's more for flexibility than to punish character choices. Therefore, you get to keep their gear.

I guess the exception would be armor worn by a character. Doesn't make much sense that they'd drop that in the boat. But I think only Bernard has armor, anyway.

15 minutes ago, cailano said:

@Excior Are you going to stick with Molly or Bar? Bar could make a good ranger-type warrior with his hunter background.

Didnt Bar burn a lot of his luck? already? if so I will Keep Molly

also if I take bar does the stuffy Molly had on his person get left in the boat? the 2 rings the two elf blades ( one of them has gems on the hilt) as well as the coins we found in the vault. 

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

Unfortunately things in this game are very expensive. Maybe if we sell the large armor Thugnar carried back and the flail we might get enough money so people could actually buy stuff. An example of this is that a short sword costs 25 gp and 20 arrows cost 5 gp and leather armor is 20 gp. 

Just pointing out that after we divide what we brought back we won't even have 10 gp per person so buying things is going to be hard.

12 minutes ago, Excior said:

Didnt Bar burn a lot of his luck? already? if so I will Keep Molly

also if I take bar does the stuffy Molly had on his person get left in the boat? the 2 rings the two elf blades ( one of them has gems on the hilt) as well as the coins we found in the vault. 

I think it was Molly who spent all of his luck avoiding one of the many traps he found. I believe he was down to 1. That said, if Molly takes Thief, his luck will reset between adventures.

I answered the gear question above.

1 minute ago, Draidden said:

Unfortunately things in this game are very expensive. Maybe if we sell the large armor Thugnar carried back and the flail we might get enough money so people could actually buy stuff. An example of this is that a short sword costs 25 gp and 20 arrows cost 5 gp and leather armor is 20 gp. 

Just pointing out that after we divide what we brought back we won't even have 10 gp per person so buying things is going to be hard.

that is why I am asking about the treasure Molly has on his person the 2 silver rings with gems and the gem encrusted short sword. to be exact 

3 hours ago, Draidden said:
As for why Obraun got it instead of Thugnar, I believe that falls under the fact that you mentioned grabbing the armor to try to use it to help transport Alphonse. So you seemed a little more interested in the armor. And I am guessing that picking up the pieces of armor took the whole rounds actions so Obraun just happened to get to it first. 

I guess the big question with the armor is can it be resized to fit a dwarf as it was on what was described as a towering person. Not sure how DCC handles that type of stuff. 

Yikes! Did not mean it to come out like greedy grabbing and demanding to return the thing! It was very clear "why" - yes, Thugnar already got the armour in addition to his axe, it was only fair the weapon was going to someone else. Time constraints explained it perfectly.

No, I do not claim the weapon for Thugnar. Was thinking about how to arm Tabitha and general group strength. If we are losing Obraun for the next campaign, the loss of a powerful weapon in addition to the loss of a good warrior, would be quite painful. That "technically Thugnar took it first" was a potential explanation for the weapon staying in the group.

As for armour, we already have a precedent with the previous set of armour that could be beaten up into the right shape on the go.

43 minutes ago, cailano said:

Hey guys, I've been getting some leveling and OOC questions PM'd to me. Please just ask them here in the forum so everyone sees the answer.

Sorry again for missing the answer - I swear I read the thread several times! (Will roll Thugnar's luck now)

Still have a question, though. Warriors and dwarves add Luck modifier to the attack of one chosen weapon. Does this modifier change with the change of Luck? (It does not for the "lucky roll" modifier).

I have upgraded both of them, but if it looks like we would be a little short of fighter power I can bring Obraun in instead. Right now I think we have,

Thugnar the dwarf (basically a warrior)

Molly a thief

Either Obraun the warrior or Lyra the thief

Tabitha unsure of class

Bernard a warrior

Hugo the halfling or Helge the Cleric

Did I miss anyone?

So it looks like there will be 6 survivors.

4 minutes ago, Dixi said:

Sorry again for missing the answer - I swear I read the thread several times! (Will roll Thugnar's luck now)

Still have a question, though. Warriors and dwarves add Luck modifier to the attack of one chosen weapon. Does this modifier change with the change of Luck? (It does not for the "lucky roll" modifier).

No, the bonus is stuck at whatever it was when you took 1st level. 😞

54 minutes ago, Excior said:

and buy some gear if possible. 

23 minutes ago, Draidden said:

so buying things is going to be hard.

How are you guys buying new gear? I understand splitting the treasure, but are we starting in a town? We're currently adrift at sea lol.

51 minutes ago, cailano said:

As far as equipment and treasure go, any treasure or gear that made it onto the boat can still be with you.

But that's more for flexibility than to punish character choices. Therefore, you get to keep their gear.

Wonderful, thank you for the answer!

9 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Thugnar the dwarf (basically a warrior)

Molly a thief

Either Obraun the warrior or Lyra the thief

Tabitha unsure of class

Bernard a warrior

Hugo the halfling or Helge the Cleric

If this is the list, and you would rather go with Lyra as Thief, I will have Tabitha go Warrior. I'm a firm believer in the strategy to have 50% of your party be meat-shields.

6 minutes ago, Draidden said:

No, the bonus is stuck at whatever it was when you took 1st level. 😞

That well-and-truly sucks. At least with my Luck roll I managed to get it to a +0 bonus instead of negative...

20 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

How are you guys buying new gear? I understand splitting the treasure, but are we starting in a town? We're currently adrift at sea lol.

Technically, you've been hurled into the Phlogiston, but that probably doesn't help you figure out where you're going to be next game.

1 minute ago, cailano said:

Technically, you've been hurled into the Phlogiston, but that probably doesn't help you figure out where you're going to be next game.

LMAO this is true. I also meant to ask; does this technically make us... Spelljammers now? :3

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Wonderful, thank you for the answer!

If this is the list, and you would rather go with Lyra as Thief, I will have Tabitha go Warrior. I'm a firm believer in the strategy to have 50% of your party be meat-shields.

That well-and-truly sucks. At least with my Luck roll I managed to get it to a +0 bonus instead of negative...

1 hour ago, cailano said:

I think it was Molly who spent all of his luck avoiding one of the many traps he found. I believe he was down to 1. That said, if Molly takes Thief, his luck will reset between adventures.

I was assuming we were making our Characters for the next adventure and that we were doing values and such OOC so we could get our characters ready for the next adventure. If that is not the case I can complete my PC as is and move forward lol.

4 minutes ago, Excior said:

I was assuming we were making our Characters for the next adventure and that we were doing values and such OOC so we could get our characters ready for the next adventure. If that is not the case I can complete my PC as is and move forward lol.

Within the narrative, there's nowhere to spend our money is what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure the GM is continuing our next adventure from right where we left off (in the literal middle of nowhere).

Edit: But we can still split the loot.