Leveling Up - General Questions

cailano

Ah, floating in limbo. Well I guess the best we can do is while we were bored we divvied up the loot because there was nothing else to do. And then we dreamed of all the stuff we could not afford to by. 😉

Any chance that pretty green cloak Lyra grabbed is magical?

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Excior said:

If DCC is like BECMI D&D where race is class for the Demi Humans than a halfling is also a Warrior 

Seems more like a Thief to me, with the lower hit die and focus on being small, quick, and stealthy. *shrug* 

I'd say that DCC is more inspired by early editions of D&D rather than based on them. You definitely don't want to assume that rules will carry over. Some do, some don't.

I like to tell people that DCC is D&D turned up to 11.

28 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Ah, floating in limbo. Well I guess the best we can do is while we were bored we divvied up the loot because there was nothing else to do. And then we dreamed of all the stuff we could not afford to by. 😉

Any chance that pretty green cloak Lyra grabbed is magical?

All for splitting loot, identifying items and re-fitting the group.

And speaking of re-fitting... Say, the 7ft armour was plate, can we turn it into two (2) half-plates for Thugnar and Tabitha (a dwarf and a woman)? Or if Hugo stays and wants to be a frontliner, a dwarf and a halfling?

Question about flail remains. However, with Molly now having 2 weapons, arming Tabitha might be easier.

Dwarves are definitely closest to warriors.

Halflings are like a hybrid between warriors and thieves. They're good at dual-wielding.

I imagine Hugo tried to keep Obraun from being swept overboard, and was carried off himself. I do hope Obraun re-emerges one day (in a positive way, not a sadistic GM way).

Question about clerics: is there a limit to the number of times Lay on Hands can be used? It requires a "spell check" but it doesn't seem to have any limits that I can see, other than the inherent limit of occasionally failing badly enough that you piss off your god.

Helge would be a poor combatant. She has the Agility to be okay at range, but the only weapon she could really use is a sling (which she doesn't have). I guess she could sit back and take pot shots at things, then rush forward and lay on hands as people take damage. 

Then we all have to answer one big question: what do we do with the weapons and items currently very needed in the group but in possession of the characters that are going to leave the game (at least for now)?

My personal answer - find the reason to keep it in the current group. Am I alone in it?

7 minutes ago, Dixi said:

Then we all have to answer one big question: what do we do with the weapons and items currently very needed in the group but in possession of the characters that are going to leave the game (at least for now)?

My personal answer - find the reason to keep it in the current group. Am I alone in it?

I'm not sure if you mean something other than what I posted here: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/5303-leveling-up-general-questions/&do=findComment&comment=55732

TLDR: You guys already have all that gear. You just need to figure out how to divide it.

19 hours ago, Dixi said:

All for splitting loot, identifying items and re-fitting the group.

And speaking of re-fitting... Say, the 7ft armour was plate, can we turn it into two (2) half-plates for Thugnar and Tabitha (a dwarf and a woman)? Or if Hugo stays and wants to be a frontliner, a dwarf and a halfling?

Question about flail remains. However, with Molly now having 2 weapons, arming Tabitha might be easier.

I want to switch my alignment to Chaotic, the in game reason is because when he touch that monolith and went bat poop crazy for a bit kinda affected him on a primal level. 

FYI, it is very hard for Helge (Lawful) to heal anyone Chaotic. Per the rules, doing so is actually a sin and incurs her god's wrath.

Even if it is possible, I do not recommend switching.

Are we being allowed to switch alignment? Because if so I want to change Lyra from Chaotic. I am thinking Neutral as that is more along the lines of a burglar and would only be a slight shift from Chaotic. Reasoning being that she learned from our little adventure that it is better to work as a team and not be so fly of the pants in your thinking and actions.

It would change a few of her skill bonuses, but no other big changes.

51 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

FYI, it is very hard for Helge (Lawful) to heal anyone Chaotic. Per the rules, doing so is actually a sin and incurs her god's wrath.

Even if it is possible, I do not recommend switching.

I do not know that is why I was asking and providing an in gam reason for that. Chaotic thieves get a +3 to back stab this would give me a +1 to work with in game I have never played an Assassin before. if we can not that's cool just a thought ( I might be more willing to come up off that sling if changing alignments is possible.)