Out of Character Thread

7 hours ago, Excior said:

Chek'tw pivots his head around to gaze upon the Dralasite, his insect like eyes glisten in the artificial light of the galley "Chek'tw"

LOL I find this far too funny. I hope you didn't mind Gluurp playing up their simple nature with your name? I can cut it back if it's too much?

The book said many Dralasites find Vrusks very amusing, so I was just kinda rolling with it.

3 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

LOL I find this far too funny. I hope you didn't mind Gluurp playing up their simple nature with your name? I can cut it back if it's too much?

The book said many Dralasites find Vrusks very amusing, so I was just kinda rolling with it.

Its cool I loved it

51 minutes ago, Excior said:

Friends was one of my Favorite shows in the 90's 

It was fun for its time. I tended to like Frasier and 3rd rock from the Sun a bit more though. Seinfeld (yes I know).

I never intended Gluurp to be Joey, but it just hit me the other day and I was like "Yup, I made Joey on accident..."

5 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

It was fun for its time. I tended to like Frasier and 3rd rock from the Sun a bit more though. Seinfeld (yes I know).

I never intended Gluurp to be Joey, but it just hit me the other day and I was like "Yup, I made Joey on accident..."

Frasier was another Favorite of mine, I watch it on Hulu now still laugh every time.  3rd rock was ok not one of my faves. and Seinfeld had to grow on me. 

Re: Nostromo Galley

Yes, that probably is the galley of the Nostromo. I am familiar with the film.

I was originally considering something like the galley from Firefly but the Nostromo one felt more like the "80's Future" vibe I was looking for.

I wish it weren't so close to the Nostromo, but I think the Nostromo's galley was a logical set-up with the right aesthetics and that's why I picked it.

There is a supertech/lowtech feel to Star Frontiers. So you might see a hologram projector in a room but also see an 80's-era computer screen in that same room. I see the aesthetic as: What if tech were made to last and not disposable like it is in our world? What if you bought a computer and it was passed down like a mahogany cabinet to the next generation? What if upgrades didn't make hardware obsolete?

That's one thing that's different about this story as compared to our world.

Shopping list

Tornadium D-19 - 4 kg - cost 50cr / kg = 200 cr

8 Variable timer/detonators - 5 cr each = 40 cr

This will let him make 8 - 500 gram bombs each will do 5d10+225 damage. Hopefully enough to destroy the ship. 😉

ร—
ร—