Out of Character Thread

I agree. At least not until after we have dealt with the AI and secured the Sapes for transport and figure out how to release the gas container so the other ship can grab it. Then we can explore as Knox places the explosives and Doc or whoever tries to download the data needed or removes the drives containing the data.

I have not played Star Frontiers since 1986 or 1987 can we all get a brief lesson on how combat works?

my base chance to hit with a laser pistol is 45% what else do I have to know to get my chance to hit for this encounter? as of right now if I roll a 01 to 45 I hit. are there any things I can add in to increase my chances of hitting this droid?

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Excior said:

I have not played Star Frontiers since 1986 or 1987 can we all get a brief lesson on how combat works?

my base chance to hit with a laser pistol is 45% what else do I have to know to get my chance to hit for this encounter? as of right now if I roll a 01 to 45 I hit. are there any things I can add in to increase my chances of hitting this droid?

If you fire a burst (+20) and take careful aim (+15) that brings you up to 80%

But -10 for Short Range so 70%

(If your weapon can't do a burst then it would be 50%)

Edited by RedMax (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, Draidden said:

Can you take careful aim and then fire a burst?

GM: Yes and no.

The rules say you can't. However, if you have a weapon capable of firing a burst and you take careful aim, I will allow you to use both.

2 hours ago, RedMax said:

GM: Yes and no.

The rules say you can't. However, if you have a weapon capable of firing a burst and you take careful aim, I will allow you to use both.

So I take it a laser pistol can fire a burst?

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Do we get the Stationary Target bonus (to cancel the Short Range penalty)?

Gluurp can't Aim because they're standing in the middle of the hallway; there's nothing to brace the weapon against. Best bet is just a burst.

You do get the Stationary Target bonus (+10%) and, because you are all close enough to a wall (the corridors are narrow) you can brace yourself against a wall to gain the Careful Aim bonus. If you look at the last map I sent, you are all close to a wall.

deck-6-UPDATE.jpg