Using Ranged Attack to grant Aid Another bonus

pdwalt

Ranged Aid Another  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should a ranged combatant be able to use the Aid Another Special Attack mechanic to grant bonuses to a melee attacker, subject to the same rules and limits?

• Yes
    • Yes, but only within lesser of 30ft and their weapon's first range increment
    • No
    • Abstain

2 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Rule as you like, you are GM, but I notice your poll has a No, and multiple abstains.  Sounds like the player preference is no, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Which is why I'm clarifying and asking 😛

15 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

If we allow it, I wouldn't require adjacent to the assisted or opponent, I'd rule that you'd have to be within 30' and first range increment, part of which is conveniently prereq for the point-blank shot line.

Requiring precise shot makes sense, but pushes it back a little bit for non-ranged focused builds.

And limiting it to say "useable by player characters only" essentially eliminates the "how many cohorts/followers can I cram into a 30' radius?" hack, which, since we are never going to be recruiting more than what we currently have (7 is a pretty high player count even for PbP), there'll only ever be 6 aiders max.

If everyone's okay with how that's proposed, then I can rule it in as such.

When I'm a GM (and it's for all GMs in our tabletop group actually) I'm a firm believer in 'anything the PCs can do, the NPCs can do as well'.  If you allow the PCs a nifty trick, it can be used against them as well.  Of course, as GM you can also limit it to a small number of participants, but I will allow it for opponents as well.