OOC Chat

TheRealSife

7 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

@eltorin I went ahead and added my Leadership role with an IC response. I think the "difficulty" in this case is just your dice vs. mine? I don't know how contested stuff works in this system.

Typically, yes, but I just wanted to he sure as some circumstances may change our rolls (like how Karrik is invested in tye current situation).

Well, that would be Karrik with 3 successes. I do believe that means we thrash the machine but leave the L1Z1X alone. That will complete my objective and satisfy the mission parameters methinks.

Good thing I still have a gravity arrow. I'm hoping it'll wreck the machine, but if not, @TheRealSife what will it take to destroy the machine? Damage? A tech roll of some kind? Something else?

On 10/24/2023 at 11:40 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

Well, that would be Karrik with 3 successes. I do believe that means we thrash the machine but leave the L1Z1X alone. That will complete my objective and satisfy the mission parameters methinks.

Good thing I still have a gravity arrow. I'm hoping it'll wreck the machine, but if not, @TheRealSife what will it take to destroy the machine? Damage? A tech roll of some kind? Something else?

So if I'm understanding the route the group is taking is to stop the machine but spare 109.XY. This is going to require you to still fight 109.XY, he's not just going to stand round while you foil his designs, but at the end of the fight you will just spare his life instead of killing him.

Going into this fight both Jana and Karrik can select one skill to upgrade by one for completing their agendas. I am counting Jana's as completing her objective as well since she stood up for her values.

You guys all get to act first as 109.XY is not planning to attack until you do.

5 hours ago, TheRealSife said:

I am counting Jana's as completing her objective as well since she stood up for her values.

Roger that, thank you! My appropriate chosen skill for Jana will be Ranged (Heavy), to shoot the device when/if it comes to that, but I would let Karrik act first as it would be kind of a "brute force" method, while a Computers or something similar may lead to more swift results. :) We'll see.

2 hours ago, eltorin said:

@Malkavian Grin Why the Challenge die in your roll? I've been sick in bed for days so I may have missed something, but it caught my eye, sorry about that. :)

I used one of my special arrows. It adds the challenge die to my roll but if successful then it reduces soak for the rest of combat. At least that's how the sheet reads to me.

8 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

I used one of my special arrows. It adds the challenge die to my roll but if successful then it reduces soak for the rest of combat. At least that's how the sheet reads to me.

Ah, got it, thanks, I never checked your sheet, shame on me. :)