OOC Chat

TheRealSife

Yeah, all the difficulty for attacks are based on range. There is a table on p. 9 of the ashes of power book that lists them all.

The enemy out of cover, who just killed the Hacan, has no modifications to the listed range difficulty.

The two in cover add a black set-back die to the difficulty.

19 minutes ago, TheRealSife said:

The enemy out of cover, who just killed the Hacan, has no modifications to the listed range difficulty.

This is why I asked, thank you, the roll is coming up. 🙂

Name
Attack w/ the Carbine
genesys(1,2,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) 8,7,11,2,7

Okay, I have questions.

1) Can PCs benefit from more than 1 boost die on a single roll? I'm going to end up with an odd number of advantage and want to make sure it can be used by someone.

2) Are the enemies considered engaged with each other? I'd like to use my ricochet ability to hit two of them if possible.

3) Does Quick Strike apply since we took intiative?

4) Is there any cover Karrik can run to after he fires?

On 7/24/2023 at 7:20 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

1) Can PCs benefit from more than 1 boost die on a single roll? I'm going to end up with an odd number of advantage and want to make sure it can be used by someone.

2) Are the enemies considered engaged with each other? I'd like to use my ricochet ability to hit two of them if possible.

3) Does Quick Strike apply since we took intiative?

4) Is there any cover Karrik can run to after he fires?

1) there is no limit to the number of boost die you can benefit from, so go wild.

2) The two in cover are engaged, the third one hasn't quite reached them yet.

3) Yes it applies.

4) Between you and the enemy there is only the small platform that the Hacan, you can kick it on its side to use as cover by spending a maneuver. Alternatively, remember that you can always introduce terrain into the scene by spending a story point.

21 hours ago, Ipphli said:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I can move into Short range of them. Since I don't have a ranged option, can I use my action to draw my weapon without taking strain?

It will cost you two maneuvers to get into engaged range. One to move from medium to short, and one to move from short to engaged.

I would be fine with saying your mace is already drawn, there's not really anywhere to store it and I could see Cheliyxx using it like a walking stick most of the time.

Edited by TheRealSife (see edit history)

Okay, then I can't spend advantage to ricochet my shot. That leaves me three advantage to spend (after the Critical Injury).

I'll use 1 to grant a Boost Die. I'll use the other 2 to give a setback die to the guy I just shot.

Oh, wait! Can anyone in the party use Jana's boost die, or does it have to be used by the next person in line? If I have to be the one to use it instead of someone else, I'll go roll it if you don't mind, so it doesn't go to waste. Otherwise, I was planning to leave it for our dear orator Cheliyxx.

Well, since you spent 1 advantage on the boost die it must go to the next character to act, you'd have to spend two advantage in order to make so it can be used by anyone.

Also, keep mind that the learning about a flaw or strength is specifically an option in social encounters rather than combat encounters.

That’s right, but I thought Malkavian Grin’s character was next in line (as initiative is not a fixed order in Genesys in terms of characters).

Flaw/Strength: alright, we usually play it differently but I can work with this. 🙂

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

4 hours ago, TheRealSife said:

Well, since you spent 1 advantage on the boost die it must go to the next character to act, you'd have to spend two advantage in order to make so it can be used by anyone.

In that case, if you don't mind I'll go roll that boost so it doesn't get wasted. (I think boosts only have positive effects, so it should still hit).

EDIT: With that boost die, I got another success, so that's 1 more damage. I updated my post to reflect what I'm doing with all my rolls.

6 hours ago, eltorin said:

That’s right, but I thought Malkavian Grin’s character was next in line (as initiative is not a fixed order in Genesys in terms of characters).

Ah, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying.