General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

Lol, yes! Everyone likely knows his name now. The mage did say it at one point but it's such an odd name that people may not have put two and two together. Haha! I'm sure during the travel, someone else asked for his name and he felt more comfortable sharing.

I'm happy to have fast-forwarded it, but just advertising that Dalin would have been pretty useful during the 3-day trip with her "caravaneer" background. 😄

@Whitleyrr, I also have two questions, given her feature: You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

1. Was the land they travelled through abundant enough to allow her to feed everyone without resorting to rations?

2. Was there any funky behaviour leaving the mage's home... ? I mean, was it a normal path that Dalin would feel confident re-tracing or was there some magic "tomfoolery" as we had on the way in?

2 hours ago, ariel said:

I'm happy to have fast-forwarded it, but just advertising that Dalin would have been pretty useful during the 3-day trip with her "caravaneer" background. 😄

@Whitleyrr, I also have two questions, given her feature: You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

1. Was the land they travelled through abundant enough to allow her to feed everyone without resorting to rations?

2. Was there any funky behaviour leaving the mage's home... ? I mean, was it a normal path that Dalin would feel confident re-tracing or was there some magic "tomfoolery" as we had on the way in?

Great questions:

1. Yes, it was - wooded land with plenteous vegetation and animal life.

2. There was only one path out from the Mage's house, which you feel you could follow back with ease, provided there was no tomfoolery. It did not appear that there was, but we'd probably need a Knowledge (Arcana) check DC 20 to know for certain.

13 minutes ago, Whitleyrr said:

2. There was only one path out from the Mage's house, which you feel you could follow back with ease, provided there was no tomfoolery. It did not appear that there was, but we'd probably need a Knowledge (Arcana) check DC 20 to know for certain.

Dalin won't even try rolling that... just not in her character. But, she might have asked Cordelia and/or Alban what they thought... (they're the only ones she's seen preform magic, I think.)

For transparency, SunDuck and I chatted about Drench and Dalin having hunted together at some point in the 3 days. We gave each other a tidbit of what we would have seen or revealed about each other in that time. I don't expect to have a bunch of "secret conversations", but hoping that's ok in this scenario?

Something everyone would have seen, but I didn't include in my post because I didn't want to write a wall of text... is that Dalin does interact with her pet field mouse, Bonnie, daily. She typically feeds the creature leftover crumbs after a meal, usually in a brief training session. She's teaching the mouse a few tricks, like going out in straight line and coming back, hiding, finding shiny things, etc.

Alban would have advised that - certainly to his senses - there was no magical meddling in the path that drew them from the house, and it should be fairly straightforward for someone with the requisite skill to find their way back

ร—
ร—