General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

Drench almost opened the door in his last post but is going to in his next if nothing happens. His seems to be the only one thats not a remembrance of a bad memory, but a kind place thay has been tainted and warped.

Perhaps someone can clarify--

Alban is giving a lot of information about what is possibly at play. Is this all a really good guess or is this due to his Arcana check and he actually has info? I've never played DnD on a forum so I'm not sure how that works with checks and all...

I'm personally going off of what Alban is saying, and assumed that his arcane check is what led us this direction. (the DM likely gave him information privately). I also asked our DM to elaborate on what Cordelia was seeing precisely in my private thread. His response helped me understand the significance of Cordelia's vision. 🙂

Thank you, Karma! That is also what I was assuming but didn't want to over extend in case that's not how it's done here. It's interesting how the forum dynamic changes things like that and I am 100% here for it.

So I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt in terms of player Vs character knowledge , especially in PbP where internal thoughts and narrator descriptions are more commonly included. However given Whitleyrr has gone to the effort of handing out information privately rather than publicly I feel I should respect that and rather say that I can neither confirm nor deny if Alban actually knows how to dispel the illusion.

In terms of opening the door, from a meta point of view I can't see that the story would have just stopped so early on if we failed our Arcana checks and simply followed on blindly through...

Definitely great posts coming through! Though can confirm not all of mine will look this this 😅 

Yah, good job everyone! I'm really glad I don't have a character who has to "talk pretty"... it'd be too hard to keep up!

A question for @Whitleyrr... I've been assuming that everyone's door has lined up to be in the same location, but is that true? From how people have walked towards or gestured at their "imagined" door... are they all in the same place?

P.S. Yah, Dalin is trusting Alban... but she'll trust almost anyone. 😉

😅 my posts won't always be novels (sorry about that) admittedly,  it's my first time ever playing a bard! And, she's more of a poet than a musician so this whole "speaking pretty" thing is somewhat new to me lol.  I thought it was only befitting she'd have written a poem about her sinful event. Hope you all enjoyed her performance/vulnerability!  I wonder if these more detailed descriptions from Alyssia and Coredlia will have an effect on the doors or not. If not, well, I guess we gotta try to skip merrily arm in arm through one of the doorways as suggested by Dalin! 

34 minutes ago, PureChance said:

With the advent of experience, I assume we're doing experience gated rather than milestone levelling, and given we start at L3, we all start on 900XP?

Yes, that’s it. Everyone starts with 900.

Edited by Whitleyrr (see edit history)

I think I would prefer having a dice rolling thread. Just because it's easier to take my time and write a post that reflects the result. Otherwise, we have to post blank IC posts and quickly rework them which isn't optimal. Speaking of which, Cordelia asked for a cup of tea before Altasair poured one only for Alban. It's not that important though 😅