General OOC Thread

Whitleyrr

1 hour ago, Karma Kameleon said:

I think I would prefer having a dice rolling thread. Just because it's easier to take my time and write a post that reflects the result. Otherwise, we have to post blank IC posts and quickly rework them which isn't optimal. Speaking of which, Cordelia asked for a cup of tea before Altasair poured one only for Alban. It's not that important though 😅

Deliberate snub 😐 

But yeah, for this saving throw for example would have been good to have a place to roll it before working the post so I didn't have to edit it a bunch of times, although less of an issue for me maybe since I think I usually post when most of you are ?asleep so you only see the final version 

I likely won't be able to post today since I'm in the middle of prepping for my own game tonight.

That being said, Drench is very interested in this mage and would be watching him like a hawk while others converse. His passive insight is 16, but because he's actively looking for anything /off/, I would like to roll for it.

Would you like one roll for the entire conversation or a couple, @Whitleyrr? I can roll them now so they are ready by the time I can post.

@Whitleyrr I hate to do this, but it's best that I do it earlier than later - and I definitely did not want to ghost you. I over-estimated myself by thinking I could post once a day when it's a new hobby. I'm going to have to pull Drench for now, but if the chance opens in the future and I feel like I'm in a better place then I will reapply with him. Thanks for the opportunity, though. I definitely plan to keep up with this game and the story you all tell. Hopefully, I can join you guys in more games in the future.

Very much up to @Whitleyrr(and other players of course) , but I'd be happy to have direct stay with slightly lower posting rate - especially given its largely non-combat rather than combat based according to the original ad I shouldn't imagine it would slow things up particularly. Dench (from the flavour I got) is generally more of a silent watchful type, so it makes sense he doesn't contribute as much conversation, and if any quickfire responses are lost , well I guess he was just taking too long to write. Obviously you'd have to accept less conversational input too.

@SunDuck Let me encourage you to reconsider and post slightly less often until life permits otherwise. Drench is such a cool character. Given the lesser role combat plays (right now) in this game, PureChance is right. What I find is that these games are much more writing heavy up front while the character’s personalities are getting established. Then after a while, you don’t have to write as much about where your character is coming from because we already know. 

So, let me encourage you to stick with it. I’d hate to lose Drench, particularly here at the very beginning before this story has really even taken shape.

Are you certain? I don't want to slow down the game at all - this group is far too good to be held back.

If you all are truly okay with that, I would be more than happy to continue forward! It honestly means a lot that you guys would be willing to keep me (and Drench) on board.

I am sure. Drench, as a silent character, is almost written to be less present! Now my caveat to that is don’t lean on that - we still want to hear from Drench and have him participate!

My secret evil plan is the overwhelming draw of this game and the overpowering skill of our writers will all but compel you to participate fully! 😉

4 minutes ago, ariel said:

Ditto for Drench! I'm sure the pace will relax as Whitleyrr suggests too.

@Whitleyrr I can understand the fella not directly answering Dalin, but I will assume she received (or fetched) a glass of wine, ok?

Oops! Edited! Sorry!