The Tears of Thule!

Jedaii

The Great Hall

Everyone:

A dozen guardsmen clad in chainmail shirts while brandishing gleaming swords and lanterns pace into the hall - followed by Sari Jahdom himself who's securing his robes about himself!

Screenshot2023-06-04153104.png.7c9b1ee477cd717068f1fde285f6dfbf.png

"BURGLARS!! I do not know how you scum invaded my home, but it wi-- wh- Karim? KARIM THE TOMB-ROBBER?!?! HAHAHAH!! By the Gods ... So! You think to creep upon me unexpected like a swamp-leech and take that which your fumbling hands could never acquire on their own? Yes, take a good look: it is real! The Eye of Ygddar is mine, finally and forever more, and with it I will become the most powerful man in all Lemuria! Now: drop your weapon and command your thralls to do the same! Then, come and bow to me, Karim the Well-Spoken -- bow to your master, Sari Jahdom, and swear an oath of eternal allegiance, that I might spare your feeble life! Bow now - or I will have my men cut you down like the mangy dogs you are!"

OOC

The hall is well-lit by lanterns. There are twelve armed and (lightly) armored guards. Positioning and movement is fairly abstract with BoL, so we can play this using "Theater of the Mind" a map. What is clear is the guards & Jahdom block the Great Hall's exit to the hallway but, there is an exit to the adjacent kitchen (left) and another opposite exit to the adjacent library (right). Players can now take their actions!

Screenshot2023-06-13181700.png.b738a012bcbd03c0f577504e9637f88c.png

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

Karim.jpeg.699fe7797d0647743cfc8600b480e0c4.jpegBarbarian 0 | Scholar 1 | Mariner 1 | Merchant 2
Strength 0 | Agility 1 | Mind 2 | Appeal 1
Melee 1 | Ranged 2 | Defense 1 | Initiative 0
Lifeblood: 10/10 | Hero Points: 7/5
Equipment: Light Armour (-1 Damage)
Weapons: BowBow Attack roll:2d6+3
Bow Damage roll:1d6
 SwordSword Attack roll:2d6+2
Sword damage roll:1d6

Karim blistered at the untimely entry and insolence of Sari Jahdom. "Do not speak the name of the gods, lest you know their designs -- and you, Sari Jahdom, do not! You are an agent of the Six, and you are a fool for playing with forces you cannot comprehend. I am only rectifying a wrong wrought long ago through your unscrupulous ways. Tell your men to stand down. I have brought champions here...and two who are mighty of limb! Do not dare stand against us!"

OOC

Plan is once someone has the jewel, we break to the left (on the map). Karim will arrow anyone standing in their way. Rolling pre-emptively...

Name
roll
2d6+3 6,5
Damage
1d6 2

MGd08kp.png

CareersAssassin 2 | Temptress 1 | Dancer 1 | Thief 0 AttributesStrength 0 | Agility 2 | Mind 0 | Appeal 2 CombatMelee -1 | Ranged 3 | Defense 2 | Initiative 0

Lifeblood
10/10

Hero Points
7/7

Equipment
KnivesKnives Attack:drop(3d6,lowest)+5

Knives Damage:drop(3d6,lowest,2)

10ft range, Thrown, Concealable
| ArmourSilk and leather (Light Armour)
-1 damage taken

Vahana does not like being trapped and she likes being trapped by pompous ass like this one in front of her even less. Regardless of what the others planned to do, she was planning on her escape. As soon as everyone's focus is on Jahdom, she takes off to the her right, snatching the jewel as she goes and takes off running at top speed for the door.

OOC

She's running stage-left out the door and grabbing the gem on the way past. I'm rolling (just in case) Agility and Assassin for her ability to snatch up something off the wall on the go and keep running.

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)
Name
Grabbing
2d6+4 4,4

conan___colors_by_rodrigokatrakas_ddcrjw1-fullview.jpg.640ac45488ae5c7b8b2373f1359cdbd9.jpg"ENOUGH!" Elkor's hand falls on his dagger and in one swift motion he throws it at Jahdom. His blade however falls short of its mark and skids to a halt at his intended targets feet. the barbarian looks at his companion "Grab, the the Jewel and lets get out of here!"

Edited by Excior (see edit history)
Name
throwing the dagger Agility I think (+1)
2d6+1 4,1

spacer.png
❤11

✦7
As Vahanna darted away, and one of the big men lobbed a dagger, Adhra jumped into action. As her bow had already been drawn, she spun around and loosed the arrow. Her aim was set for the big man himself, Jahdom.

"Nemmereth take you all!" she cried out as her feet took her across the room, stepping on a chair, then the table, and hopefully into the kitchen.
Name
Arrow to the face! Point Blank Agility + Ranged
2d6+6 6,2
Arrow damage
1d6 1

The Great Hall

Everyone:

Jahdom howls in pain, "AARRRRHHH!!" then spits a command at his guards, "KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL, AND BRING ME THE EYE!!"

Some of the guardsmen sprint across the hall after the adventurers, their swords cutting at the air, while another group dashed out into the hallway ...!

OOC

6 guards are in the hall, while 3 run towards the hallway's kitchen access and 3 run towards the hallway's library access. So PCs will run into 3 guards exiting the kitchen or library, with an additional 3 guards arriving from the great hall accessways a round later! Players still have the first action against the guards and Jahdom remains in the great hall for the moment.

The Kitchen has half a roast and a large pot filled with steaming (cheese-noodle) soup on the stove. On the prep-table, there's two large bowls of salad (leaf & potato). Pots, pans, various knives and cutlery hang from a rack over the stove. Another table has unused plates and cups, while the nearby sink is filled with dirty dishes. There's a broom, mop, water-filled bucket and wooden trash container in a corner. No one is currently in this area and there is a walkway leading into the hall.

The Library has wall-to-wall wooden shelves filled with various books. There's paintings on the walls. The floor is covered by a large, illustrious carpet that really really ties the room together. Wall-mounted lanterns light the room and there is a large, draped window on the north wall. No one is currently in this area and there is a walkway leading into the hall.

Karim.jpeg.699fe7797d0647743cfc8600b480e0c4.jpegBarbarian 0 | Scholar 1 | Mariner 1 | Merchant 2
Strength 0 | Agility 1 | Mind 2 | Appeal 1
Melee 1 | Ranged 2 | Defense 1 | Initiative 0
Lifeblood: 10/10 | Hero Points: 6/5
Equipment: Light Armour (-1 Damage)
Weapons: Bow Sword

As soon as Vahana had snatched the prize and broke to the right, Karim loosed his arrow when one of the guards appeared in the doorway to the right to block her way, and another in rapid succession when a second appeared. He quickly moved to follow her, calling over his shoulder, "Better luck next time, Sari Jahdom!"

OOC

Hoping my pre-emptive roll here is still applicable. And if so, he'll burn a HP to create a Mighty Success for the rabble slayer effect (if that's applicable; I don't know if they are rabble), hopefully slaying two.

MGd08kp.png

CareersAssassin 2 | Temptress 1 | Dancer 1 | Thief 0 AttributesStrength 0 | Agility 2 | Mind 0 | Appeal 2 CombatMelee -1 | Ranged 3 | Defense 2 | Initiative 0

Lifeblood
10/10

Hero Points
7/7

Equipment

-1 damage taken

Pulling up short of the new appearance of guards - her moments pause gives Karim a chance to loose his arrows - she follows up with her own knives, flicking out shining death, the knife embedding in the chest of the remaining guard

OOC

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)
Name
Attack
drop(3d6,lowest)+5 6,5,4
Damage
drop(3d6,lowest,2) 6,3,5

spacer.png
❤11

✦7
"Don't stop!" Adhra shouted at the others as they began to mow down the guards at the kitchen entrance. The assassin stopped at the edge of the table, one foot on the top of a chair's back, and looked at the encroaching guards.

"You can spend your coin in the pit!" she spat with venom, drawing and quickly letting another arrow fly, again at Sari. She hoped felling him would give all the guards pause. With the arrow loosed, Adhra moved off the table and into the kitchen just behind her companions.
Name
Point Blank Agility + Ranged
2d6+6 1,6
Damage
1d6 1

The Kitchen

Karim, Vahana and Adhra:

The trio mow through the guards who attempted to cut off their escape, leaving a clear run to the hallway!

The Great Hall

Elkor and Dalgash:

The Valgardian's companion yelled, "After them! We must have the Eye!" As Elkor rushed to the kitchen, Dalgash stumbles and falls! A swarm of Jahdom's guards descend on him with sword strikes and while sustaining several mortal wounds, Dalgash yells, "Go Elkor! I'll hold them off!!"

Ahead of him, Elkor sees the other thieves rushing towards the kitchen's hallway exit past the shaking, prone forms of wounded guardsmen!

conan___colors_by_rodrigokatrakas_ddcrjw1-fullview.jpg.640ac45488ae5c7b8b2373f1359cdbd9.jpg"Charkond will welcome you this day my friend." Elkor turns and sees the other group of thieves rushing toward the kitchen's hall way and gives chase, he passes the fallen guards as he makes his way through the kitchen.

Soon the swift barbarian is within a few feet of the fleeing bandits who had taken his prize and joins them in their escape.

spacer.png
❤11

✦7
Adhra was making a b-line for the hallway, seeing nothing more deadly in the kitchen than her bow was.

"Don't stop! Retrace our steps!" she spat out as the barreled toward the exit. She fully expected the hall to be chock full of guards though, causing her to pull another arrow from her quiver and preemptively nock it.

MGd08kp.png

Lifeblood
10/10

Hero Points
7/7

Equipment

-1 damage taken

Vahana lets Adhra run out ahead of her and follows closely behind, the first non-friend to appear in front of her is going to catch one of her knives "I've got this thing now we just have to get out!"

OOC

spacer.png
❤11

✦7
Back on her horse, Adhra rode like the wind, hoping her companions were nearby. If, by some chance, Karim hadn't escaped, well that'd be one less thing to worry about. But as her "employer" quickly rode up beside her she sighed inwardly.

"So, fearless leader, where to now? We need to lay low a few days. Jahdom's pissed!" she asked, head swiveling for any unseen enemies.

"And are we bringing that muscle on legs with us?" she added, referring to Elkor. "Could be good in a fight."
Name
To Halakh!
2d6+3 6,5