TRELLUNND (OOC)

Vedast

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Pardon my delay, but I was taking time to consider whether to continue in this Game.

My post of 4OCT will be the last IC post for Tannus as I have decided to discontinue play.

Thanks to @Eborne1 for having selected my character at the start and best wishes for enjoyable gaming to the rest of the Players.

-- Vedast

STATUS UPDATE:

I've gone through and deleted all the private tags from the previous few pages of posts. So, if it interests you, you can see what Tannus and Ichiro have been up to the past day and a half.

So, here's my plan. We have three active players, including our new player, who I'd like to get involved in the game as soon as possible. I'm going to send out a couple of game invitations to fill our gaps.

In the meantime,  @Jammerwoch and @Leonidas1789, please chime in with your comments about how you'd like to handle the scenario described below when you get the opportunity and I'll write up a summary of current events that will bring the party to the next stage in the story and out of the desert.

@CraziFuzzy Thank you for your patience. Hopefully we can get you involved very soon.

After Tannus and Ichiro traveled closer to what everyone assumed to be a shimmering body of water, they came to realize it was, in fact, a mirage. What they were seeing was a vast military encampment of white tents, spotted with blue flags. They made their way to the camp and sought an audience with a Captain there to seek help or requisition some horses to save their friends but were turned down. They were however informed of a pair of soldiers who had recently mutinied, killed their commanding officer and fled. As the Captain assumed Tannus and Ichiro would not relent from traveling back out into the desert to save their friends, they were informed of the bounty on these soldiers and offered 500gp for each of the fugitives if brought back alive. (Half if dead)

Tannus and Ichiro were eventually directed to a silk merchant, named Ramshik, who offered to assist the men at the expense of their promised labor, but demanded they at least rest for the night. Ichiro became ill from heat exhaustion and it was determined he should remain in camp.

Early the following morning, Tannus and Ramshik made their way toward the cave that Tannus' fellows had traveled, with a cart being pulled by a couple of camels.

There, they found their friends, alive but bound by the wrists and under the guard of one mysterious man, named Ames, dressed in soldiering apparel.

After some heated pressure from Tannus and Ramshik, the soldier finally admitted that he was involved in the mutiny, but wasn't who killed his commanding officer. It was his comrade, Collier, who had committed the act and who likely would have killed Jinx, Lassen, and the others if not for Ames' contention. It seems obvious now that Collier has fled, abandoning Ames and likely South, toward the only township in the vicinity. There, he'll likely seek passage aboard a ship, to get far from this part of the world.

Ames has pleaded with the group not to take him back to the camp, for surely he will be hanged there. He wishes, instead, to be allowed to depart on his own.

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Leonidas1789 said:

I for one would be delighted to continue if that is still possible, but I realize we have lost many players.

Hey! @Leonidas1789 I'm glad you're still interested. For this game, particularly, I will eventually want to trudge forward, even if there are long breaks in action. It's a world I'm building for a book, so it's very useful to me to keep it going. I don't think @Jammerwoch is going to make it back. He was only involved in this game and hasn't posted on the weave in a couple of months.

I will try to pick up some players soon. If this storyline proves too difficult to get through, I may either move the party forward, create a whole new storyline within the same world, or write up some short 1-off adventures based in the world.

I'll keep you posted.

• 4 months later...