Laws of physics change on landing...

wrathgon

ok so there is one thing more I am going to add, trying to get the right number so it has an impact in play but not so bad that it makes combat impossible.

So for NON MAGIC damage taken by characters your Massive Damage save has to be rolled (DC 15) when they take con + 2xlevel or HD. If you fail it you are dropped to -1 and bleeding. Anything immune to critical hits would also be immune to this. If you get something like fortification armor giving you % a chance of stopping critical it would be rolled each time the MD is hit to see if it saves you or not.

I think that number is too high, looking at the SF weapons if it was just +2 per level it would be at the high end of their damages but still possible. By adding say 14 to that number the damage 1 hit I don't think will ever hit it unless a crit.

So what are both of your options on what the number should be? What I am trying to simulate is the danger of high-tech weapons and being hit by them, you got 120 hps and someone is pointing a gun at your face that does 3d6 are you going to care if he shoots you? prob not but if it could drop you to -1 then whole other story.

@evedgebah @Sohala

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

No thoughtson massive damage, the gun scenario on the other hand... That is likely a coup de grace, which already has a save or die. Or, if Starfinder HP was being used, you could have the effect by-pass Stamina and hit HP directly., don't caremore accurately, I have never used massive damage and therefore have no basis for its usage or changes to it. Could be awesome, could be terrible, and would still get the same shrug..

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

its more it you look at the SF weapons, which will be the core weapons party will get and use, and the dmg they do if you look at con+ x2(so for most its going to be 16 dmg plus con, most have 15+ so 30+ dmg) if you look at level 7-10 weapons they are not going to be doing 30 dmg a hit unless I am missing something. So I think 2/lvl keeps it possible but at the higher end of the max damage scale.

Just want to be make sure not missing any boosts to dmg that would throw this out of wack.

Supercharge WeaponReasonably affordable as a first level spell, 4d6 increased damage for single target, 2d6 for AoE,Precision damage diceModerate optimization is 5d6+5?, Boost weaponsSimilar to Supercharge Weapo, it provides additional damage by consuming ammunition. Comes on the individual weapons, varied effect., fall damage.

A single person could combine those three sources of additional damage in an every other turn attack pattern.

Edited by Sohala (see edit history)

hmm so on players side easy to abuse on DM side i can use the base damages should be ok. Some of the classes like op and rogues would get boosts but not sure am worry that they get it, there is still a pretty easy save to make. Will look at those three and see if there needs to be any non stacking options applied later after work. Falling well yea but when you fall and take a boatload again stops a 100 hp char jumping off a cliff knowing that 20d6 wont kill him.

Now i a some point that DC 15 is going to be auto pass too so that also has to scale around the time that will happen(prob not until higher level like 15+)

yes that is also the case. i made it con+ 2 per lvl/HD it will be high so most of the time a crit till trigger it but unless you got extra boost to attack's like sneak attack you would be safe, and helping rogue is not a bad thing thing. I will look at those ones that were posted and see if they shouldn't stack or see what the class the bonuses as(SF does not alot of defining things like that. My DM says SF is designed like a video again, just works how they don't care just does. That does not work for me or my DM so we have to do a lot of work trying to decide how things do work and why)

@darlis moonbeam @Drunva @cheezal

these are new changes to game if can create new spoiler thread on first post of pc thread and update your pcs with new rules.

the event allows a sorta retrain. Any feats you no longer need or want can choose another feat you have known about and swap out. If you want to retrain skills you can as some may want pilot now it lets you fire ship weapons. Also the extra from knowledge can be reassigned. So can just reassigned all just ones that are freed from knowledge change to anything else or any of the feats that you dont need can retrain new feats.