Members Tab & Character Sheets

I'm all about efficiency, but what sheets? The form-fillable ones? Not all games have those sheets created for them, so you're looking at gimped functionality out of the gate.

Personally, I'd like if the Members tab could either be hidden (haven't looked into this; may already be possible) or extended in function as you say, to include something like an editable field with the possibility of a link: "Malkavian Grin plays Terra Formia in this game" or some such.

Members and Overview pages are something i have brought up before that would be great if they can be hidden, i think it was mentioned at least one of them might be able to be hidden at some point but i think Overview is static.

I don't get much use out of the Members tab myself - it could be a dropdown menu somewhere - but it is what it is. As for character sheets tab, you can hide that one, or not add it maybe? I don't have that in any of my games because i don't generally ask for the attached character sheets.

It would be nice if the members page could be combined with the character tab, or just.. if you wanted to attach sheets it just went under the name on the members page, as mentioned above.

The overview tab is where the ad goes and is the default landing page for the game.

Some of it is just how Invisions "club" system works and can't be changed easily. We also have to weigh what they might do with the pages in the future that might effect updates.

Eric has it on the evaluations list for later thought.

41 minutes ago, bwatford said:

The overview tab is where the ad goes

Now that you bring that up, is there a plan to get a proper advertising page setup like on OGMW? The current way is just clunky (to me) and doesn't convey the same information in the same way as before. On OGMW you get a specific page to discuss what you're looking for, attached to the ad, so conversations aren't lost in some kind of generalized OOC (or having to create multiple OOC threads).

@Eric will have to confirm this but I think the ad system for Baldr is already as it will be. At least how it works, It is not tied to a forum like ogmw is and would take some extensive work on a plugin to change that.

From what i understand we can dress it up some more but the listing is just how Invision does it.

There's still some improvements to be done with ads; the current state is "acceptable" in that it does what is needed for switching over, but we'll continue to tweak. The Member tab and the Character Sheets are fundamentally different features (one out of the box, the other a custom application) and merging them is not feasible, but putting the member list into the Manage Game dropdown is a potential option to declutter the header.

The only thing about the ads page that i have any real problem with is that its not on the home page. I have to purposely remind myself to go and check it instead of just seeing that there are new posts there. I'm not sure what the solution would be though, i just know i often forget to check.

3 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

The only thing about the ads page that i have any real problem with is that its not on the home page. I have to purposely remind myself to go and check it instead of just seeing that there are new posts there. I'm not sure what the solution would be though, i just know i often forget to check.

That will definitely be fixed Soon™️!