Book One: The Scouring of Gate Pass | Act Three: Escaping The City

SirLoganofGilead

Belfyr - Half-Elf Ranger8daae369607892fa793b818b437f9a62.jpg

AC: 15 | HP: 20/20 | HD: 3/3d10 | Initiative: +3 | Gathered Swarm | Favored Foe | Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 2nd -/- | DM Inspiration: 1/1

With the case sufficiently broken open, Belfyr considered his inclusion complete. The half-elf watched from a few feet away as Bronn started fell to his knee and began collecting the parchments. Before Bronn was done making the piles, Belfyr had found a seat in a chair sitting up against the wall. His hand fished around in his pocket for his pipe.

The table quickly grew crowded. Belfyr offered Olvyn's back a snarky smile as he too re-entered the room, but he did well to hide it behind the delicate art of packing his pipe and getting it lit. Deep down he knew why the man had left. There were any number of reasons the case could have quite literally blown up in their faces, but he'd done well to ignore those alarm bells in his head for the sake of putting his full effort into getting it open.

Once the wood-carved instrument touched his lips, whatever animosity he held dissipated. "I'mma let the book-learnin' folk see to such things." He said, practically to himself. Around him, the glowing wisps slowly slinked back beneath the fabric of his tunic.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Quarterstaff
Off Hand: Empty

Action:
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Not moving
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Bookkeeping

Full Statblock

Belfyr Half-Elf Ranger (Swarmkeeper) 3 NG

AC 15 HP 20 Speed 30 ftft

Str 14 (2) Dex 16 (3) Con 10 (0) Wis 14 (2) Int 10 (0) Cha 12 (1)

Attacks
Longbow
Quarterstaff

Half-Elf Features:
Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: Adv on saving throws vs charmed,
Magic can’t put you to sleep.
Skill Versatility: Persuasion, Survival
Ranger Features
Favored Foe: Tasha's pg 57
Natural Explorer:
Fighting Style: Defense +1 to AC when worn
Spellcasting
Ranger Archetype: Swarmkeeper
Gathered Swarm
Swarmkeeper Magic: bonus Mage Hand, Faerie Fire
Primeval Awareness: PHB

Equipment

Assets: 84 gp

Carried/Worn Total for Pack

o Longbow
o Quiver w/20 arrows
o Common Clothes
o Studded Leather
o Quarterstaff

o Herbalism Kit
o Mess Kit
o Cooking Utensils

Spell Casting

Spell Save DC: 10
Spell Attack Mod: +2
Spells Known: 
Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 2nd 0/0

Cantrips

Mage Hand

1st Level

Faerie Fire

Cure Wounds

Goodberry

Hunter's Mark

2nd Level

• 3 weeks later...

Iymbryl Darcassan - Shahalesti Paladin https://i.pinimg.com/564x/19/cc/f5/19ccf52461370b5a820a83760ba0a075.jpg

AC: 17 (chainshirt & shield) | HP: 25/25 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 (60ft Darkvision) | Spell Slots: 1st 0/3 (+5, DC 13) | Lay on Hands: 15/15 | Leadership Performance 1/3 

Once the others had finally opened the case, Iymbryl helped clean up the papers and set everything to order. "Excellent work Bronn and Belfyr." He didn't bother to look at Torrent or Father Watcher, but his hands made a gesture to the maps, diagrams, and writings on the thick parchment as he looked them over. "We've joined you rebellion for the good of Gate Pass. We retrieved the case and opened it. Now one of you said they knew where we were supposed to take the information, and the other said it could only be decided upon once we knew what was inside. There are some documents in a language we cannot read, and some maps." He separated one of the maps trying to at least piece the information together as best he could. "If there are maps and layout of some underground complex, one probably points to another. But the text probably speaks of the importance of the place." His eyes did now level on the pair of them. "So this is the part where, as the leaders of this rebellion in Gate Pass, you tell us what to do with this information that has already been killed for, and where it needs to go. You really can't expect us to make decisions for an organization we have no idea the true aims of...I would assume." He looked to Torrent, who had been the more useful of the pair by far. "Where does this information need to go, and how do we get it there?"

Mechanics

Main Hand: N/A
Off Hand: Shield

Free: N/A
Manipulate: N/A
Action:  N/A
Move: N/A
Bonus Action: N/A
Reaction: N/A
Concentration: N/A

Spells

Cantrips:
Minor Illusion (Shape Shadows)

1st Level:
Cure Wounds, Command, Disguise Self, Shield of Faith

2nd Level:
Invisibility (Shape Shadows)

Name
investigation
1d20 7

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

Book One: The Scouring of Gate Pass Act Three: Escaping The City

None of you are able to decipher much more from the papers. The maps look incredibly important, and the designs for the underground complex appear to be scary. Torrent picked the papers up and looked them over. Her nose wrinkled, and her face scrunched as she looked over the papers. "I...I think this is Infernal? I recognize the letters but none of the words. It's probably coded and in an almost impossible language." She tried one more time to read the documents and shook her head.

"I expected something like this. If it was easy to read it wouldn't be important and probably a fake. We need to get this to the heads of the resistance even more now than ever before. If half the rumors are true, we have to get out of the city as soon as conceivably possible. This MUST get to Lyceum...I think it could stop both the Ragesians and the Shahalesti from bringing there You have been through a lot today. First thing in the morning we can visit Councilman Menash. He agreed to give us a way out, but that was before the recent situation. If anyone has a better idea for finding a way out let me know, I'm not sure how much things have changed.

Show Active Maps

Loot

Yveran "Anne" Tallindor - Half-Orc Sorcererspacer.png

AC: 12 | HP: 17/20 | HD: 3/3d6 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 13 | Finder's Magic: 1/1 | Font of Magic: 1/3 | Spell Slots: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Like a beam of bright light, Torrent's voice cut through the annoyance that had clouded Anne's mind. The half-orc's brow furrowed, glancing back at the cryptic pages. She sighed, exhausted from the emotional turmoil. "We don't know if this Councilman is even still alive. Or if he is allied with those willing to hand the Pass over to Ragesia." She wasn't in a right mind to be much help.

Anne turned and walked to a corner of the room, letting the walls provide the hug she desperately needed but refused to ask for. "There is no easy path to Lyceum. A road of fire waits, right?" She glanced at Bronn and then at the others. "What are we doing here? Is there even any real hope?" 

And there it was. The young woman showed her youth. She knew she was hated by both sides of this battle, knew there was no safe place for her, and as she heard the only chance to end the war that ravaged the only home she had known, it seemed a leprechaun was trying to sell her the pot at the end of the rainbow. A rainbow she couldn't even see.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty

Action: none
Bonus Action: none
Move: none

Bookkeeping

Full Statblock

Yveran "Anne" Tallindor
Half-Orc Aberrant Mind Sorcerer 3

Str 12 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 8 Wis 12 Cha 16

HP 18/20 HD 3d6/3d6 AC 12 Speed 30 ft

Passive Perception 13 Initiative +2

Languages Common, Elvish & Goblin
Background Untamed Youth

Dagger +4 attack, 1d4+2 piercing

Proficiency +2 Saving Throws Constitution & Charisma
Skills Acrobatics, Intimidation, Perception & Persuasion
Tools Painter's Tools
Instruments None
Weapons Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Armor None

Features DarkvisionHunter's IntuitionFinder's MagicSpells of the MarkSpellcastingOrigin: Aberrant MindTelepathic SpeechFont of Magic (3)Metamagic: Careful & Empowered

Equipment

o Light Crossbow
o Quiver w/20 bolts
o Common Clothes
o 2 Daggers
o Staff (Arcane Focus)
o Shealis' Component Pouch

Dungeoneer's Pack
o Painter's Supplies
Toiletries

Spell Casting

Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Mod: +5
Spells Known: 4+2+2+1
Spell Slots: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2

Cantrips

Acid Splash

Infestation

Mage Hand

Mind Sliver

Prestidigitation

1st Level

Arms of Haddar

Dissonant Whispers

Faerie Fire

Ice Knife

2nd Level

Calm Emotions

Detect Thoughts

Locate Object (1 free use)

Shatter

Web

Iymbryl Darcassan - Shahalesti Paladin https://i.pinimg.com/564x/19/cc/f5/19ccf52461370b5a820a83760ba0a075.jpg

AC: 17 (chainshirt & shield) | HP: 25/25 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 (60ft Darkvision) | Spell Slots: 1st 0/3 (+5, DC 13) | Lay on Hands: 15/15 | Leadership Performance 1/3 

Iymbryl frowned as he considered the options before them. Even wandering the city was a risk now, but they had little choice if they wanted to keep this information from returning to Ragesia. Now that Torrent had at least confirmed the importance of what they had acquired, it wasn't as though they could simply turn and walk away. It was possible there wouldn't even be a city at the rate things were going if someone didn't start gathering allies powerful enough to resist Ragesia.

"The opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself..." He muttered to himself. It was one of his favorites attributed to the great General Willow Tems, who had once used her much smaller force to repel invaders into Shahalesti lands. He let out a deep breath and began to plan for worst case scenarios in his head.

He was a bit surprised to hear Anne openly expressing such concerns, normally she was the one who always looked on the bright side. He put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile. "There is always hope, Anne. Someone needs to take this information to Lyceum and return with aid to drive the Ragesians out of Gate Pass. Even if Councilman Menash can't help us, there are other options open to us. We have to keep moving forward, one step at a time. We made it this far together." He could understand her feelings, mirrored them a bit even, but he had to at least seem confident they could do this, otherwise they might all fall apart.

"I'm going to see if anyone upstairs is in need of what little healing I have before the night is over. We should all get some rest while we can." He turned to walk away but paused in the doorway and turned back to look at the group assembled. "Looking back, this is not the group I would have assembled for such a mission. But clearly Torrent saw something that I didn't. We wouldn't have made it this far without every one of you. You've all gone above and beyond what anyone has a right to expect. And now I truly believe this group can save Gate Pass. So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart." The guard captain dipped in short, respectful bow before heading upstairs to check on the other people hiding in the temple.

Mechanics

Spells

Cantrips:

1st Level:
Cure Wounds, Command, Disguise Self, Shield of Faith

2nd Level:

Belfyr - Half-Elf Ranger8daae369607892fa793b818b437f9a62.jpg

AC: 15 | HP: 20/20 | HD: 3/3d10 | Initiative: +3 | Gathered Swarm | Favored Foe | Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 2nd -/- | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Torrent's assessment was as sobering as any before it, and it made Belfyr scowl. He'd been led to believe that his actions this day would lead to a quick and fashionable outcome, but it was proving to be anything but. He realized in that moment that this was the problem with living with his human brethren for so long, he'd grown incredibly impatient. There was always going to be a shorter life string for him and those like him compared to his elven counterparts, but it wasn't so much that he had to abandon anything with a longer shelf life. He took a long drag from his pipe and sighed.

Anne's response notwithstanding, Iymbryl's bravado was both annoying and annoying accurate. This band had been together only a few short days and they'd accomplished more than he'd done alone in years. It was still very much undisclosed what exactly they'd accomplished, but his regular routine meeting them had afforded him exactly nil in the ways of a better life. Now the world was on fire and he was actively trying to stomp it out. It was progress.

He waited until the guard captain had left before giving him credit. "He's right, ya know. Damn it all, he's right." Smoke poured out from beneath his moustache. "Whatever we've got here is about as good as we're going to get. So we might as well figure it out together." The half-elf stood and waved his pipe at the papers strewn over the table. "We need to secure those things again and get them out of the city immediately. If this councilmen is it, then that's where we go."

Belfyr grabbed his staff and headed for the door, "If you need me..." His voice trailed as he left the room, the melodic tap of his staff hitting the ground before it was swallowed up in the low roar of the huddled masses.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Quarterstaff

Action:
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Not moving

Bookkeeping

Full Statblock

Belfyr Half-Elf Ranger (Swarmkeeper) 3 NG

AC 15 HP 20 Speed 30 ftft

Str 14 (2) Dex 16 (3) Con 10 (0) Wis 14 (2) Int 10 (0) Cha 12 (1)

Attacks
Longbow
Quarterstaff

Half-Elf Features:
Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: Adv on saving throws vs charmed,
Magic can’t put you to sleep.
Skill Versatility: Persuasion, Survival
Ranger Features
Favored Foe: Tasha's pg 57
Natural Explorer:
Fighting Style: Defense +1 to AC when worn
Spellcasting
Ranger Archetype: Swarmkeeper
Gathered Swarm
Swarmkeeper Magic: bonus Mage Hand, Faerie Fire
Primeval Awareness: PHB

Equipment

o Longbow
o Quiver w/20 arrows
o Common Clothes
o Studded Leather
o Quarterstaff

o Herbalism Kit
o Mess Kit
o Cooking Utensils

Spell Casting

Spell Save DC: 10
Spell Attack Mod: +2
Spells Known: 
Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 2nd 0/0

Cantrips

Mage Hand

1st Level

Faerie Fire

Cure Wounds

Goodberry

Hunter's Mark

2nd Level

spacer.pngBronn the Salvor (Mountain Dwarf Artificer)

AC: 18 | HP: 24/24 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 10 |Spell Slots: 1st 2/3 | Concentration: None | Notes

Bronn was looking Anne's way when she glanced over at him, his brown eyes unreadable as he considered how far they'd come and how far they had yet to do. Still, he said nothing as first Iymbryl and then Belfyr made their own speeches and then headed for the door. When they were relatively alone he approached and nudged her arm, sensing a little bit of what she must be feeling. He'd been something of an outcast most of his life, though it wasn't anything compared to the ostracism and hostility she likely faced on a daily basis. He was older too, and used to discovering that just when he was getting comfortable was usually when everything went to hell.

"Look, I'm not one fer speeches, or sacrificing myself for the good of humanity either. Gods know they wouldn't risk a hair on their ass for me."

He made a short, derisive rumble that might have been a self-deprecating chuckle in someone else. He gripped her shoulder with a solid hand and gave her a little reassuring shake.

"But this is us against them," he said, his eyes deadly serious, "You wanna know if there's hope? There's always hope if you don't give up, and I never give up. Move forward one step at a time and you get things done. That's what we're going to do here, until it's over, and we're free of these rat bastards."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Jeweler's Pick
Off Hand: Shield

Action:
Bonus Action: None
Move: None
Manipulate: None

spacer.png

Iymbryl found no shortage of people with minor scrapes, cuts, and burns, who could use a touch of healing. There were not many serious injuries, and he was able to prioritize the ones who were in the most severe conditions and help most of them. Belfyr also found some folk who could use his berries. In a somewhat surprising show of grace, adults moved aside to let his berries go to a group of children who looked a lot like they were hungry before the day started.

The rest of the night was surprisingly...quiet, in fact with the battle apparently on hold the city was a very awkward silence when the group rose in the morning. Most of the other people in the temple were still in some form of resting position, but not exactly sleeping, when the group started rousing in the morning. Torrent, had grabbed her rest in the office you had congregated the night before, there was space on the floor in that room for anyone else who wanted a somewhat private place to sleep. Torrent was the first one up, and sat quietly while she waited for the rest of you to rouse and join the group.

"My vote is to try and find the councilor...but I will stay with the group if a different decision is made."

Show Active Maps

Loot

• 2 weeks later...

AC: 17 (chainshirt & shield) | HP: 25/25 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 (60ft Darkvision) | Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 (+5, DC 13) | Lay on Hands: 15/15 | Leadership Performance 3/3 | Channel Divinity 1/1 | Harness Power 1/1

Iymbryl silently walked through the crowded church. People were packed in from nave to pulpit; the heavy pews stacked against the back wall to make more room. To the guard captain, it looked and smelled more like a refugee camp than a place of worship. He took stock of what looked to be the worst of the injuries, offering people words of encouragement while he placed an inconspicuous hand on those that needed healed without drawing attention to himself. Most of the citizens had gotten away with only minor cuts and bruises, though some looked worse than when he had after the battle with the wyvern rider. It wasn't long before his meager powers were spent, though he couldn't help but feel guilty for not being able to do more.

He returned to the rest of the group a short while later, most of them already beginning to nod off. His eyes danced about the room, falling on his companions one by one. It had always seemed such a strange thing, sleep. He'd always considered it a great disadvantage. Not only were their lives so short, but they spent so much of it unaware. But now, in this time of troubles, Iymbryl couldn't help but envy the numbness that must come with being able to step away from their problems for so long. In retrospect, his trance was nothing short of a retelling of the horrors they had faced the day before. He studied their encounters from different angles and embraced his many failings, contemplating on how to do better next time. Iymbryl had failed the city, he'd failed his companions, and he'd failed his people; but at least they had all made it. As long as everyone was alive, they could always strive to do better tomorrow.

His eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the darkness of the room. He could see the still outlines of his allies, one of them snoring like a dragon. Despite the rest, he found himself wearier than before he had rested. There was much to do, and little time to do it. Iymbryl stood up, wrapped his cloak around himself and made his way out of the church.

The streets were empty, but they were anything but peaceful. It felt like something intangible had fallen over the city, slowly choking the life out of it. There were no patrols on the streets, but he could see the fires on the wall in the distance. Not being there himself almost felt like he was deserting, but the guard captain reminded himself that what they were doing was saving lives, perhaps the city itself. While wandering about, he found a few people huddled in the still smoking remains of their home and directed them toward the temple. He helped a merchant push his wagon out of a rut in the road, and scolded a few children for being out past curfew, escorting them back to their parents who had been beside themselves with worry. It was then that he stumbled upon one of his favorite bakeries in the city, Pantero's. Despite the chaos, Emrita wasn't just open, but baking up a storm in the back. Looking at the shelves once lined with the most delicate pastries, Iymbryl was both saddened and elated to see she had started baking cheap and hearty types of bread en masse. While Emrita was human, the early hours of a baker had found them moving through the city together on more than one occasion. Despite the radiant smile, he could see the tiredness in her eyes. After exchanging a few words, the two parted and Iymbryl had a new set of tasks. He started moving throughout the city as a brisk pace, visiting some of the shops he knew, talking with the few that were open and leaving notes under doors of those that were not. Even with everything going on, the people of Gate Pass were still struggling to survive, what they really needed was some organization.

Iymbryl arrived back at the temple, dropping off a literal sack of bread loaves to one of the acolytes before heading down the stairs and back to the group. He opened the door and entered just in time to hear Torrent. He looked around the room with a nod and a reassuring smile. "Good morning, everyone. The streets were quiet, but I suspect there will be more foot traffic as the morning goes on. I agree that seeing councilor is a good first step toward getting this information out of the city. If it doesn't work out, we can decide where to go from there." He paused, looking around at everyone assembled. "Though I'm certainly open to any suggestions you all might have if there is a better alternative."

He looked over at Torrent. "Oh, and some people I know will be stopping by later today and looking for Buron. A baker friend of mine, a few merchants who run stalls in the bazaar or have stores, and few other artisans. They should be willing to sell supplies to or through the temple to make sure people get the supplies they need...I'll be the first to admit I didn't care for the idea of the Resistance, but if the goal is to help people, there is a great deal of impact that can be made just keeping the people of the city supplied through all of this tragedy."

Mechanics

Iymbryl spent all his lay on hands the night before on people, doing his best to triage so they would be mobile if they had to flee.
In the morning he spent 10 gold (already removed from my sheet) to get a baker he knew to deliver large quantities of bread to the temple for the people taking refuge there. He also set up a meeting with some skilled artisans in the city, directing them to the temple, to form a network to get the goods they have to the people that need them. I figure at the very least, Buron will buy some stuff.

Spells

Cantrips:

1st Level:
Cure Wounds, Command, Disguise Self, Stand the Heat

2nd Level:

Yveran "Anne" Tallindor - Half-Orc Sorcererspacer.png

AC: 12 | HP: 20/20 | HD: 3/3d6 | Initiative: +2 | PP: 13 | Finder's Magic: 1/1 | Font of Magic: 3/3 | Spell Slots: 1st 4/4 2nd 2/2 | DM Inspiration: 1/1

Bronn had helped. At least a little. Enough for the young woman to relax enough to sleep. Though the sleep itself was not particularly restful. Her dreams were filled with a muddle of images from her youth and the last two days. Fire and brimstone falling from the sky, tearing apart her home, her father, her friends. The nannies that raised her and the feral cats that kept her company, all burned, screaming her name.

Anne startled awake to find the others asleep. Almost all of them. Iymbryl was gone, but that did not surprise her. She knew that elves didn't sleep for as long as other races. According to Iym he didn't sleep at all, but sitting still for four hours with your eyes closed certainly sounded like sleep to her. She slid herself to sitting upright and leaned her back against the wall, tucking her legs up allowing her to rest her chin on her knees. The half-orc listened to the sounds of her companions sleeping and tried to find peace in that.

As the morning fully rose, the others did as well. The sound of stiff bodies crackled through the small room as each stretched the night away. Anne did her best to hide the nightmares from her gaze, but the circles below her eyes would give away some of the tale. She remained seated while plans began to be discussed and Torrent made her case. Iymbryl then returned, delivering his own agreement to the loose plan. She stood, her own joints now echoing the others, and sidled up alongside her friend, offering a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Been busy this morning, as usual."  Anne paused a moment then continued. "We have to start somewhere, right? When do we leave?"

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty

Action: none
Bonus Action: none
Move: none

Bookkeeping

Full Statblock

Yveran "Anne" Tallindor
Half-Orc Aberrant Mind Sorcerer 3

Str 12 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 8 Wis 12 Cha 16

HP 18/20 HD 3d6/3d6 AC 12 Speed 30 ft

Passive Perception 13 Initiative +2

Languages Common, Elvish & Goblin
Background Untamed Youth

Dagger +4 attack, 1d4+2 piercing

Proficiency +2 Saving Throws Constitution & Charisma
Skills Acrobatics, Intimidation, Perception & Persuasion
Tools Painter's Tools
Instruments None
Weapons Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Armor None

Features DarkvisionHunter's IntuitionFinder's MagicSpells of the MarkSpellcastingOrigin: Aberrant MindTelepathic SpeechFont of Magic (3)Metamagic: Careful & Empowered

Equipment

o Light Crossbow
o Quiver w/20 bolts
o Common Clothes
o 2 Daggers
o Staff (Arcane Focus)
o Shealis' Component Pouch

Dungeoneer's Pack
o Painter's Supplies
Toiletries

Spell Casting

Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Mod: +5
Spells Known: 4+2+2+1
Spell Slots: 1st 3/4 2nd 0/2

Cantrips

Acid Splash

Infestation

Mage Hand

Mind Sliver

Prestidigitation

1st Level

Arms of Haddar

Dissonant Whispers

Faerie Fire

Ice Knife

2nd Level

Calm Emotions

Detect Thoughts

Locate Object (1 free use)

Shatter

Web

• 2 weeks later...

AC: 18 | HP: 24/24 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 10 |Spell Slots: 1st 2/3 | Concentration: None | Notes

Bronn rose after most of the others, though he'd been awake for some time before he opened his eyes. It was a habit, to let his thoughts find their way through the pathways between dream and reality before he acknowledged a new day. He glimpsed the tail end of his dreams, considered what they meant and what was important to him, what he regretted and what he ought not let slide. When all of that had sifted though his intellect like water through a sieve, he finally opened his eyes and let them take in the details around him. He rose, not clumsy and half asleep, but wide awake and with dark eyes glittering with purpose.

"Councilor is fine, but I'll guess he'll be long on words and short on action. I'll be wanting some supplies if they could be gotten - alchemical components, a forgery kit or at least inks and assorted papers, herbal and husbandry supplies for potions and poisons - any of that stuff might come in useful."

He crossed his arms and looked up at Iymbryll,fairly certain he was going to get a negative response. These kinds of activities were frowned on by the guard, and with the city in shambles he didn't know where this stuff could be found but it was worth asking. They were going to need all the help they could get to make it out of here.

Mechanics

Action:

spacer.png

Once the majority of the group had decided that the councilor was the best way to go, Torrent took a minute to pack some stuff and they each had a moment to eat the group breakfast that was made in the kitchen. Once the group was ready to leave Torrent took them out to the streets. The city looked different...there was something odd about the atmosphere. There were a few people in the streets, most of them looked to be wandering about aimlessly, like they weren't really sure where to go but felt they should go somewhere. Buildings were blackened and flattened, and shops were closed, but the biggest change from the night before was the deafening quiet. The city had been louder than normal during the battle, and now it was quieter than it ever had been.

Erdan’s manor is a three-story building inside a low iron fence, located a few miles east of the depository, one district west of Summer’s Bluff, and the 90-foot statue of Emperor Coaltongue. The outer walls are painted vivid green, yellow, and purple, and the two guards he keeps for protection are forced to wear the same colors. Torrent points to the house. That's"Thats it. Any ideas on how we do this?"

Show Active Maps

Loot

It seemed Watcher didn't have much at the church in the way of supplies, which he'd fairly well known before asking but it didn't make him any happier. He supposed if anyone would have something it'd be the council, so he followed along grumbling softly to himself. They were going to need a miracle to get out of here.

The quiet of the streets gave him pause, though. It had been mayhem only a short while before - he hadn't forgotten the chaos of the streets wherein he'd almost been run down by the weight of a mob of civilians, if not for Belfyr. The eerie quiet that replaced the madness of the prior day was unsettling, and he wondered at the change.

He was still considering the causes when they came upon the garish grounds of the councilman. Torrent had led them here but apparently that was as far as her leadership went. He cleared his throat.

"Well, he's got his own guards. Seems to me Iymbryll'd know how to talk to them. We got important business, so y'know - do like the guards do and threaten them with something."

Mechanics

Action:

AC: 17 (chainshirt & shield) | HP: 25/25 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13 (60ft Darkvision) | Spell Slots: 1st 3/3 (+5, DC 13) | Lay on Hands: 15/15 | Leadership Performance 3/3 | Channel Divinity 1/1 | Harness Power 1/1

The city had survived but was still in shambles after the night raid. Smoke billowed out from the ruins of buildings filling the alleys and streets with a sulphureous grey fog. With the sun out, people huddled outside, picking through the ruins of their homes. It was a bleak sight, to say the least.

Iymbryl had never met the councilor personally, but he had been present at more than a few functions that required the presence of the city's law enforcement. He pondered the best approach when Bronn broke the silence. "Guards don't threaten people with 'something' for no reason, Bronn." There was the slightest hint of exasperation in his voice, but it was drowned out by his fixation on the gate in front of them. "But you're right, I suppose going up and talking to them is probably the best solution. We are looking for the councilman's help after all..." He gave a look to Anne, then to the others. "No reason not to let them see all of our number right away. Just...don't mention anything about burning or acid while we're here." For the last comment, his gaze fell soley on the Dwarf.

With a deep breath, which caused his to cough slightly in the smoke, Iymbryl made his way to the front gate with a determined expression. "Hail good sirs. My name is Iymbryl, guard captain. I'm working with some of your fellow citizens to help with the defense of the city and would like to speak with councilor. Is he in? It is a matter of dire importance."

Mechanics

Spells

Cantrips:

1st Level:
Cure Wounds, Command, Disguise Self, Stand the Heat

2nd Level:

Bronn tilted his head as he looked up at Iymbryll and gave a squint eyed snort. He knew something about being hassled by guards, having tried more than once to simply set up shop and do business under the purview of various states and their stupid laws. One ought to be free to make their own decisions about what kind of services to buy, and if there were buyers it ought'n't be illegal to sell.

"You should talk to that snot Officer Midshaw, he confiscated three giant scorpions from me last fall on some rot about 'illegal substances'. Delicacy where I come from - like these lobsters I hear tell about - and I can tell you he threatened a lot about it," he rumbled as the elf turned away to address the others.

The dwarf waited a moment, then shrugged that his comment had gone without any reprimand. When Iymbryll turned back to him and admonished him about other presumably banned substances he nodded sagely, proud of himself for keeping a straight face.

"Ah, you do get it," he said at the implied threat, "that's what I'm talking about."

Mechanics

Action:

Edited by Gralhruk (see edit history)