OOC Chat Chapter One - Mirabar

bwatford

I plan on updating the game in the morning (Thursday)

Is there any applications in "old applications" that you would like for me to try and get as a replacement? Or just stick with the group as is?

Assuming we're losing Drift (rather than having him NPC'd by the GM), I thought it might be a good idea to pick up a PC with healing mojo. But looking over the options, the only PCs with the potential to be healers were built with domains or spell choices that said: I'm not your healer.

So I agree: let's stick with who we have.

I hope Drift gets a good send off in the story. I wish Bob the best but we may be able to manage without a Drift replacement for now. I would like a replacement, but it's not a deal breaker if I'm the only one. Might be worth looking into in the future, perhaps.

10 hours ago, Aavarius said:

I hope Drift gets a good send off in the story. I wish Bob the best but we may be able to manage without a Drift replacement for now. I would like a replacement, but it's not a deal breaker if I'm the only one. Might be worth looking into in the future, perhaps.

I guess, to be clearer, I wouldn't mind a replacement. Here are my thoughts in greater detail.

Bob was an important part of the posting energy in this game, and Drift brought a lot of versatility to the table: notably, varied frontline fighting options (wild shape), scouting options (wild shape), a bit of debuff and battlefield control casting, and healing. That's a lot to replace. That's why I voted no on a replacement: I don't think we need greater numbers, but if we could find a player of Bob's caliber with a PC that brought something valuable to the table (rather than "more of the same" of what we already have), I'd be very much in favor of the replacement.

I looked over the applications. Several applicants are solid players with regular posting on MW, but had applied with PCs that wouldn't add much to our group. A few proposed PCs would add to our group's repertoire (e.g. the Tortle Diviner/Cleric), but the player's posting pattern was inconsistent or ended months ago.

Yeah, I can't believe we are still where we are. It moves so slow that I forgot. Lol.

Should have this one updated on Monday, I have a block of time set aside for it.

I looked back at the IC thread and could not find who is carrying the "dimensional nullifier" (the official name). And it's not listed in the "Party Loot" thread. I'm guessing we decided who's carrying it in this OOC thread.

The King said you just stand within five feet of the portal and push the button on the nullifier. That's how it works.