OOC Chat Chapter One - Mirabar

bwatford

For anyone who may be interested in checking out Advanced 5e Level Up. I have put a listing up for a game. A5e is somewhere between 5e and pf2e so you get quite a few more options that vanilla 5e.  Consider it 5e with some crunch.

Check it out:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/821-the-world-of-elissar/&do=overview

2 hours ago, bwatford said:

For anyone who may be interested in checking out Advanced 5e Level Up. I have put a listing up for a game. A5e is somewhere between 5e and pf2e so you get quite a few more options that vanilla 5e.  Consider it 5e with some crunch.

Check it out:

https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/clubs/821-the-world-of-elissar/&do=overview

The Campaign premise looks fun!

So is Level Up one of those open gaming license game systems that will attempt to compete with the next D&D edition (which, of course, is not a new edition according to the messaging from WotC)? Or is it 5e with a bunch of fun campaign-specific crunchy bits added?

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

It's an open source rewrite of 5e so it's a self contained ruleset with 5e at the core.

It's been out for a couple years now and has quite a bit of content.

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

@bwatford Sorry if I missed it. How much are the iron bars that Copper found.

And can we handle the "Clockwork King" purchases here in the OOC thread.

We can, and value of the iron bars are in the Party Loot Thread.

Just for the record, Andraste isn't actually talking about economics. I mean there's certainly an economy around secrets in Mirabar, but that's secondary.

Mara's internal monologue before she spoke is more in line with what Andi is taking about. It's about Vecna's undermining people's ability to trust each other, that she wants to disrupt.

Having a market impact is just a means to an end.

Obviously you guys are free to have your characters interpret that however you like. I just the players to know where I was trying to go with that.

3 hours ago, Leonidas1789 said:

The potions and the mind-sharpened armor are the items I find the most appealing. 

Yeah, I can see the mind-sharpening armor being of use to the entire group, allowing Cassandra to maintain concentration on her bless spell for a longer period of time in battle.

We've currently got 480 credits worth of stuff (4 ice diamonds & 8 iron bars) to trade with.

Cassandra's armor costs 250 credits, leaving us 230 credits worth of stuff. If we buy a healing potion for each of us to carry, that leaves us with 3 iron bars (30 gp value).

Thoughts? Yeas? Nays?

2 hours ago, Aavarius said:

Just for the record, Andraste isn't actually talking about economics.

Yeah, my post didn't work the way I'd planned. I didn't have time. I thought it would be funny to have Copper reference economics stuff and do so poorly, with a memory of her remarking that the group would never need such information. It was a good thought, but I didn't have the time (and possibly skill) to make it humorous; then I was needing to end my MW posting window and thought it might be better to post something than nothing.

2 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

We've currently got 480 credits worth of stuff (4 ice diamonds & 8 iron bars) to trade with.

Cassandra's armor costs 250 credits, leaving us 230 credits worth of stuff. If we buy a healing potion for each of us to carry, that leaves us with 3 iron bars (30 gp value).

Thoughts? Yeas? Nays?

Oops. The above numbers are based on what I saw in the Loot thread when I checked it today, not realizing that the 4 ice diamonds were our rebel cell payment AFTER we visited the Clockwork King. So we only had the 8 iron bars (80 credits) when we were at the Clockwork King's shop. That means we'll have to go back again to make our purchases.

I guess we can still buy one potion of healing for now.

2 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Yeah, my post didn't work the way I'd planned. I didn't have time. I thought it would be funny to have Copper reference economics stuff and do so poorly, with a memory of her remarking that the group would never need such information. It was a good thought, but I didn't have the time (and possibly skill) to make it humorous; then I was needing to end my MW posting window and thought it might be better to post something than nothing.

No complaints from me--I was just making sure I hadn't ham-fistedly bungled the subtext of the conversation.

38 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Oops. The above numbers are based on what I saw in the Loot thread when I checked it today, not realizing that the 4 ice diamonds were our rebel cell payment AFTER we visited the Clockwork King. So we only had the 8 iron bars (80 credits) when we were at the Clockwork King's shop. That means we'll have to go back again to make our purchases.

I guess we can still buy one potion of healing for now.

Regardless of the timing, I'm OK with the full spending plan (potions and armor) assuming the money checks out. @bwatfordDo we need to play out the back-and-forth to make it work? I figure for the sake of expediency we could fast forward past all the shopping.