Ghostbusters: ApoKERMIS Now!

mykesfree

spacer.png
"Don't worry about me, Specs. This is the one part of the job that makes sense." Kev remarks as he keeps the thrower going on the spook, keeping the thing rangled and covered.

And when the spooky thing is in the trap, Kev rolls his neck a bit and looks it over.

"Don't look so tough do ya now, ay? Alright - we should probably read the note."
OOC

spacer.png
As the trap closed with a click of finality, Specs' body relaxed. He knelt down, pumped his fist and said, "Yes! Not my uncle!"

Spec put the proton thrower back into its holster and walked closer to Rock and the pile of slime, giving Kev a shoulder pat on the way. "Nice job, Kev," he said with a thumbs up as he passed the man.

"Rock, you uh... might wanna hit the shower," he said, pushing his glasses back up his nose. Pulling out a petri dish and latex glove that he usually carried for just such a spectral occasion, Specs scooped up some of the goo. He shut the lid and looked at it in the light for a second. "I need to go analyse this," he said, heading for the lab.

GM Post
Suburbia Ghostbuster’s HQ.

Scene Traits:  Specs Main lobby; Twins in the equipment room; Kev in the break room (Overcowed breakroom), Rock slimed a halfway between the break room on the Main Lobby. Kids start roaming everywhere.

The Wilderness Kids go wild and block Specs path to the lab with cheering. "Can we do that Again!" "So Cool!" " See British people are ghosts."

"I wonder if the ghost was looking for this?" One of the Wilderness Kids held up a package that was on the Twin's desk. "Who is Professor Wolfgang Von Horton?" A wilderness kid asks Kev.

Another group of kids started sliding in the slime surrounding Rock. "This is fun!" as one of the kids began to do a spin maneuver similar to an ice skater.

spacer.png
Kev can't help but quietly and slowly look over at the kid who keeps insisting that British people are ghosts. The look in his eyes says more just befuddlement then anything.

Then he decides to run with it.

"Boo."

He shrugs, and looks back in Specs.

"No problem, ey? Good question though, you know who this Prof is?"
OOC

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Specs Main lobby; Twins in the equipment room; Kev in the break room (Overcowed breakroom), Rock slimed a halfway between the break room on the Main Lobby. Kids start roaming everywhere.

Another kid pipes up after hearing the Professor's name. "Oh, that is Victor Von Horton's Uncle.  He works at the Local College.  He's weird. At least that is what Victor says."

spacer.png
Specs grinned and flexed one of his biceps as the kids cheered. "It's all up to the ghosts if we do that again, y'know?" he reasoned, pushing his glasses back up.

Pausing when the mention of some local professor, Specs looked at Kev, since the Twins were still handling the equipment.

"Hey, Kev, open that up and see what it's about. I've got this slime here and... HEY YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN THAT SLIME, KIDS!!" he said, before noticing the kids around Rock.

"There's no telling what this goop will do to you! Maybe, like, grow an arm out of your forehead or your butt might fall off!"

spacer.png
"Granted, with some of these kids it would kind of be hard to tell." Kev quips a bit, but Specs does have a point. The letter, the package - sometimes does have to open it and figure out what is going on here.

He pulls out a pocket knife to make quick, neat work of the wrappings to get a look.

"Right, because I've actually managed to avoid getting slimed so far. You alright Rock?" he asks, as he looks inside.
OOC

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Specs Main lobby getting some goo samples; Twins in the equipment room; Kev in the break room. Rock in Slime Land. Kids starting to get bored.

Helga Gross

CN13545293_20170313.jpg

"This is the most excited I have seen these kids in weeks. We are scheduled to be here for the next 30 Mins and we are going to stay here Mister. You are going to keep those kids entert..., I mean gain valuable life skills as promised or we will cancel our payment."

Helga then reached into her bag and grabbed her knitting needles and continued on a scarf she has been working on as she found a seat.

Kev then goes to open the box addressed to the professor, and upon a visual inspection, the box appears to have been tampered with. It looks like it was opened and resealed before Kev got to it.

Rock, for his part regained his senses and shook his head as he shakily stood up, slipping once back to his knees. Seeing everything well in hand and that he was covered head to toe in gooo and surrounded by kids he just shrugged. When life gives ya slime make sure you ain't wearing your good shoes as they say. I ain't good at busting ghosts but I can dance in slime!

Hey kids, check this one out. After we bust ghosts we always bust a move! Common kids, do it like this!

With that Rock started slip-n-sliding through his routine of touchdown dances, encouraging the kids to get slimed and dance along. He's sorely tempted to spike the trap in the "end zone" but thankfully Rock remembered how mad Specs was at him for doing just that last week.

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Specs Main lobby getting some goo samples; Twins in the equipment room; Kev with the box. Rock and the Slime Dance.

Helga Gross

Helga looked up from her knitting, and muttered something to herself about parents and permission slips. She then shugged her shoulders as she kept on knitting.

The kids were thoroughly entertained.

The Twins picked up the ghost trap and brought it to the containment grid.

Meanwhile in the other room the PKE meter next Kev started to beep.

spacer.png
Specs shook his head at the kids' teacher and thought back to how outings went when he was a kid. Then the PKE meter started pinging, drawing his full attention.

"Well, hello, what's this?" he asked, picking up the device. He looked at the readings, then pointed it at the goo he'd taken a sample of.

spacer.png
"If we were anywhere else I'd ask if we were expecting mail from Chrenobyl, ey?" Kev quips, slipping back a bit. Took a few lessons for him to figure out that PKE isn't the same thing as Radiation. He might still not entirely get it.

"If you have any ideas, you got me beat. Rock has the kids handled though, what do you need?"
OOC

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Specs & Kev with the box; Twins in the containment room; Rock and the Slime Dance.

Specs and Kev inspect the box with the PKE meter by all accounts it was a normal shipping box. While the box was empty it seemed to contain a high level of residual PKE. It was almost as if it once contained an extremely high-level PKE object.

While they chatted Specs and Kev, wondered if this is why the ghost came to their HQ as some of the goo collected matched the PKE variance between the two.

spacer.png
"Woah, you see that?! Whatever used to be in this box is just soaked in psycho-kinetic energy!" Specs said, perhaps too excitedly. "Look how much it resonates just off the box! This could be big, Kev!"

He started to get some testing equipment around in the lab but then stopped himself.

"We should track down the prof who sent us this. He'd know more, probably. Oh man, a new case! I love a fresh case!"

spacer.png
"Mate, I think a better question we should be asking is - whatever what was in the box, where is it now?" Kev asks, less excited then Specs as he thinks about it.

"Maybe the letter will say something. Unfinished business of the Postman, maybe we got lucky and it's something boring."
OOC