Ghostbusters: ApoKERMIS Now!

mykesfree

spacer.png
"Kev, you just made it rain Nice!" Specs shouted just before a big ball of guacamole splattered him in the chest. "Awww man! I just washed this! Not nice!"

There wasn't time to celebrate, though, as the imps were still free and dancing about. "Jin, get that sad looking ghost before it re-ups on the guac! I'm gonna try something I've been working on."

Pulling out a screwdriver from his belt, Specs started tweaking and adjusting knobs and circuits on his proton wand. "Okay, get ready to get the imps if this works! I hope I don't blow my arm off..." he said as he finished modding his wand.

OOC

Going to use my Electronics skill to try making adjustments to my proton wand such that it can fire (likely once) as a multi-stream beam, to target all of the imps at the same time. I have no idea if this is even possible, but I thought to try something fun.

I think this would count as my action, though, unless you think I can also fire this turn?

Name
Electronics to mod my proton wand
7d6 3,4,2,6,2,1,5
Ghost die
1d6 4

GM Post
Act 2: Lo-Cal College

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Guacamole Monster no More, 5 Imps, Ghost Trap in Play.

Specs made the modifications to his proton wand. He knew he would be able to split his beam as sparks split in five directions. He also knew that doing this would destroy the wand permanently after it fired.

OCC

Specs can not fire it this turn, but he can give it to someone else or wait.

spacer.png
Jin switched his dance style up and threw an over the top Russian accent into his voice.

"Da comrade, zis tiny dancer go das verdanya!" Jin carefully does a few Russian squat dancing kicks so he can redirect the trap to where the sad ghost is.

"Aaah it's sad I didn't place any bets on this capture... oh well" "C'mon Specs would you quit playing around? Just give it to Kev, he's the one with the magic touch." Despite, the critical comment, Jin's lighthearted delivery is quite playful as he tries to snap his brainy partner out of his funk. "I knew it. There he is. C'mon bring it in" Jin jokingly tries to get as much of the ectoplasm guac chunks onto Specs as he possibly can.
OOC

Name
Ghost Die; Kick Ghost Trap towards Sad Slime
6; 19
1d6;4d6 [6]; [6,6,2,5,6]

the-dresden-files.harry-dresden.jpg

Kev chuckles at that as Jin goes for the trap of the main Guac ghost. Might as well turn his attention to another threat.

"Nah, mate. Just a bit of proper Competence at play." he gives with a chuckle as he starts going for Imps.

OOC

Name
Ghost then Fire Weapon
1; 23
1d6;7d6 [1]; [1,4,6,2,1,1,3,6]

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Guacamole Monster no More, 5 Imps, Ghost Trap in Play.

One of the Imps tried to jump away from Kev's proton stream, but it was hit. The little imp was rattled as it was stuck in the particle stream as a field began to crackle around it.

The other 4 Imps started to sing as a strong Disco beat started to play out of nowhere " Dance, Boogie Wonderland, hey, hey
Dance, Boogie Wonderland

Midnight creeps so slowly into hearts of men
Who need more than they get
Daylight deals a bad hand to a woman
Who has laid too many bets

Dance, Boogie Wonderland, hey, hey
Dance, Boogie Wonderland"

Kev started to feel his jump suit start to take on a life of its own, for it needed to dance!

Out of the corner of his eye, Kev could see the small little Ghost starting to draw small globs of Guac back onto itself.

OOC:

This time the rest of the Imps are focusing their curse just on Kev. Kev needs to beat a Cool roll of 27 or else he will need to boogie on down.

Edited by mykesfree (see edit history)
Name
Ghost Die
1d6 6
roll
4d6 4,5,6,6

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Guacamole Monster no More, 4 Imps, Ghost Trap in Play.

Kev's jumpsuit begins to move and forces Kev and strike a disco pose. Kev released his particle wand. The Imp in Kev's stream was still rattled from the previous hit.

Bill Murray Ghostbusters Sticker - Bill Murray Ghostbusters Video Game Stickers

OOC:

Kev can try to undo this with a 5 Brownie point spend . Or wait for his next turn to re-roll. Ok, the rest of the other Ghostbusters can take a turn.

spacer.png
Looking a little dejected by Jin's comment, Specs tried to let it slide off him. He'd grown up always being the smart one but not usually with enough dexterity for his own inventions. This was different, though, as he'd spent his career as a Ghostbuster learning the ins-and-outs of how to fire a proton beam.

"No way, this is all--" he began to say before Jin spattered him in guacamole chunks. "UGGGHHH c'mooooon man! I just washed this jumpsuit!" he complained. At the same time, Kev's suit started to dance and take its wearer along for the ride.

"Okay, guac or not, this ends now!" he said, trying to sound heroic. He leveled the modified wand and opened up on all the imps at the same time--or so he hoped.
Name
Fire Weapon
4d6 4,4,5,4
Ghost Die
1d6 3

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Guacamole Monster no More, 4 Imps, Ghost Trap in Play.

Spec's modified Proton Wand let out a split stream and jolted the Imps. They stopped singing and had to catch their breath as the Particle Stream rattled each of them. The Imps and the tiny guac ghost needed to be trapped before specs modified beam stopped.

The blast seems to cut something and Kev can finally step cutting a boogie. He can, but he might have intentionally worked a move in the grab a trap and deploy it with a slide under the ghoulies.

"Alright, nasty little buggers." he gives bitterly as he tries to press the petal himself.

OOC

spacer.png
With Kev stepping on the trap pedal, the device popped open and erupted with bright white light. Quantum energy levels did cool stuff like that. Specs was barely holding on to his proton wand as it heated up and curls of smoke started roiling off of it.

"C'MOOOOONNNN YOOOOUUUUU!" he grunted loudly as he fought with the ghosts trapped in his multi-beam, pulling them toward the light. Finally they felt the gravitational pull and were sucked into the infinitesimal void-space as the trap closed and a poof of steam came off the device. A little red light on it changed to blinking green for "full."

"YES! Team work! Great job guys!" Specs said with a shout and fist pump. "Uh, well, I guess just guy.... Looks like Jin fell asleep in guac. Oh well. Uh, Kev, you okay? I'm good but I think my wand is shot..."

GM Post

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Traped Ghosts, Jin a sleep.

As they checked the Trap, they saw a man come out from behind a tree. He was covered in guacamole.

Professor Von Horton

John Conway in front of a blackboardThe man in his fifties wipes guacamole away from his face as he excitedly walks up to the Ghostbusters. "Did you read the Book?"

spacer.png
"Dr. Livingstone, I presume?" Specs said, immediately laughing at his own joke. "Kidding. You look like a Professor Von Horton if I've ever seen one."

"Um, book? What boo--Ohhhh..." he added a moment later. "Yeah, no, we got your package but it looked like someone messed with it. All we got was an empty envelope."

Kev picks up the trap and gives it a poke to make sure they got it steady, and when it doesn't explode immediately he is satisfied and grabs it up. He'll have to ask about a bill later.

"Kevin Chamberlain, and as you probably guessed - we're the experts. We did never get the book in question, but we did get the box. Should we take this talk into your office?"

OOC