Ghostbusters: ApoKERMIS Now!

mykesfree

the-dresden-files.harry-dresden.jpg

Kev looks over as the riders scamper off on their own, and all he can do is think that the twins are more likely to know where the book is than either of them. The best lead in fact. And the best guess is that they were in that house. Grabbing Spec's shoulder with a solid pat, he motions toward the Pleasure Palace.

"Well, Specs - as my last employer was fond of saying : Who Dares, Wins. Follow my lead." he gives with a smirk as starts moving around the perimeter of the house to find a quieter way in. It hasn't exactly been a secret, former SAS but officially he was kicked out for going insane. Really because he tried to go toe-to-toe with a Necromancer unprepared. Now, he had some better tools and more practice.

"Keep your head low, going to be a right sneak."

OOC

Sheet

Moves - 4

Name
Moves
4d6 1,2,5,3

spacer.png
Looking down at the book in his hands again, Specs realized he didn't have the party book. Instead he had been flipping through an old fantasy book and only just figured out his folly. Blushing from embarrassment, he put the book away.

Specs pushed his glasses back up his nose. "You really think something so important came down to being out of horses?" he asked with a wry smile. "I'm more keen on the licking thing. Er, the idea, I'd never, y,know, lick a frog. Gross. Germs."

As the riders took off in the sky, Specs watched them intently as far as he could. "We need to get into this house. Whatcha think; sneaky-sneak or all act--oh I see!"

Specs started sneaking along behind Kev as best he could.
Name
Moves + ghost die
5; 2
1d6;1d6 [5]; [5,2]

GM Post

Act III: There's a Party Going On Right Here.....

Scene:  Inside Cindy's House and Pleasure Palace.

The Ghostbusters make their way noticed through the entrance of Cindy's House. The design was a mix of ancient stones and modern wood and stucco. It was all aglow in a purple light. The physical dimensions of the interior were much larger on the inside than what was portrayed on the outside.

In the entryway, all sorts of pleasurable activities are happening by the ghostly inhabitants. Things from the foulest acts of the sensual kind to those that are purely involved in the unadulted pursuits of bliss.

The duo came to the kitchen where they found a stone book stand where the strange purple light was emanating from. On top of it laid a thick and ancient tome. Glowing runes could be seen in the air around the book forming complex patterns.

Then Cindy Appeared.

Cindy

"Hello Boys, you have come to crash my Party!"

image.png.d4d756b5bd5d7cc60e08dfad352b238d.png

Well, that certainly got Kev's attention. Raising an eyebrow he can't help but notice a few things, but fortunately he also keeps his head in the game. Now isn't the time to get distracted. The hairstyle is a bit of a giveaway.

"A bit, yeah. Noise complaint from the neighbors I'm afraid." Kev quips back, looking over at Specs. Maybe he can distract the girl while he gets a look at the book?

"Are you Cindy? Or is Cindy not driving at the moment?"

OOC

GM Post

Kev could see a spirit rising and falling out of Cindy. It was the body of a woman and the head of a Pit Bull. One of the creature's eyes is circled by a black ring. It jaws snapping. The ghost then jumps back into Cindy's body.

Cindy

"Oh yes, I am Lilith, the High Priestess of Party. Have you come to the party?"

image.png.d4d756b5bd5d7cc60e08dfad352b238d.png

spacer.png
Specs rolled his eyes at the scantily clad woman. Did they all think that trick worked on...oh, Kev had the look in his eyes.

Taking in the vision of the runed book, Specs walked closer to it. He kept his eyes on Cindy's so she wouldn't suspect his intent.

"Well, if we weren't here to party then i think we stepped into the wrong house, right?" he said rhetorically. The amount of pleasure going on around him was more than distracting. "But, like, where do we start? Do you have, I don't know, a step by step list?"
Name
Being nice (cool) + ghost
22; 4
5d6;1d6 [5,3,6,6,2]; [5,3,6,6,2,4]

GM Post

Spec's started to make his way towards the book covertly.

OOC:

Spec's will need to make a difficulty 10 roll. @Malkavian Grin you can choose the trait, but it can be either your Cool/ Cool Talent since you are being extra nice or Moves. If you give me a good reason you can use Brains as well.

That is true, Cindy/Lilith's hooks were finding more purchase with Kev as his eyes clearly were showing. More doesn't nessecarily seem hopeless but if Specs needed a distraction Kev might have been unintentionally giving it.

"High Priestess? What kind of vows does that come with? Have to say, Pretty Bird - you're not giving off a Vow of Celibacy vibe." he gives with a bit of a smirk. Alright, keep your mind on the mission, Kev. Right now he thinks that includes keeping her talking.

OOC

GM Post

Cindy

The spectral creature emerges from Cindy and begins to snarl at Specs and then re-enters Cindy's body " Oh Mr. Cooke, you are too nice to want to party the way I want you to party." Lilith says with a bit of seductive sadness about her as she then looks hungrily at Kev and forgets about Specs.

"But you, now you are something that I can work with. We can party!"

Kev started to see images swirl around him and then anything in his mind to have a good time appeared.

Specs maked it closer to the swirling purple energy around the book in the Kitchen. It pages a glow with an unbelievable amount of PKE. It pages kept on repeating words on the pages. "Party! Party! Party!"

@GleefulNihilism Time for you to explore Kev's dark desires and what he needs to party as that is what appears before him. You will need a 27 to break out of the world that Lilith has created for you. You can use either Brains, Cool, or Moves and if a talent fits use it. Also you can use brownie points to gain extra dice before the roll and after the roll.

After Kevs makes his roll then

@Malkavian Grin To undo the Spell Specs needs to make a 27 Brains roll to break it and banish the party and close the portal. You use your talent if you can work it in narritatively, and brownie points to gain extra dice before the roll and after the roll.

So, what's Kev's deepest, darkest desires for his perfect party? Hell, even he would admit that was easy.

What would probably be the most immediate shock would be that it would be so quiet and dark. What little music that could be hear would just be gently wafting notes from somewhere else, the sounds of ocean waves on a beach crescendoing louder. The feel of a beach is under foot, the sand still having some of the day's warmth trapped in. The only light comes from the moon and a small campfire nearby. It's enough to tell exactly what is going on.

Just a bunch of squad buddies, kicking back a few beers and chuckling - with one exception. There's a man on his knees in front of Kev next to the fire, his hands bound behind his back and a burlap sack over his head. The man is muffling like he's gagged. Feels like everyone should be cracking jokes and telling stories but they're not going to.

Kev knows why. Because except for him and the man with the bag on his head all the other men here are Dead. Kev's just getting one last drink with his dead friends.

"Dave. Your wife started dating again. In her defense, you are dead." Kev grunts out as he looks everyone over. This would be a time for jokes and stories - but Kev is the only one here alive that can tell them. So he's trying to catch his friends up again on their lives.

"Lee. Your kids haven't written me in a while, but last I heard their grades are getting better. They miss you like crazy, mate."

"Sean. You're still an asshole. You didn't deserve that though." he gives, trying to give more little messages as he stands up.

He doesn't remember when exactly he got the gun. He stepped forward to the man, pulls the bag off his head.

The Necromancer. And now he's gagged and bound so that the bastard can't cast any spells. Looks like someone's worked him over too.

"Two bullets. Just enough for a double tap. Nobody for miles that would bat an eye at what comes next, and you scared shitless. This is a party."

OOC

Sheet

Well, that got dark.

Alright, starting with 1 BP because that puts me at 8 dice. According to Expectation Values that *should* be enough but we'll see.

Name
Moves - Fire Weapon ; Ghost
0; 5
success(8d6,27,above,no,no);1d6 [2,2,1,1,2,1,1,6]; [2,2,1,1,2,1,1,6,5]
3 More BP
3d6 3,6,2

spacer.png
"Uhm, thanks! Er, no wait, I'm--yeah--I'm pretty cool t--oh, you're already..." Specs replied to Cindy before he realized Kev was enraptured by her. Or, at least, he was doing that "eye thing" he usually did when scoping someone out. Then it struck him that it was at least a good distraction. He turned back to the book, unhindered.

Specs gazed across the words, watched as they flipped. He shook his head. Take too long to read. Maybe--Oh, scan it?

Pulling out his smartphone and PKE meter, Specs got to work tearing them apart with his tools. It was occasions like this that he bought the belt holder for them. Use the camera to give the meter something to input with... complete the circuit... overclock the chip...

Using the new scanning device, Specs tried to read the book in such a way that any differences would be filtered down to his phone screen. Anything that didn't just say "party" or perhaps minute details within the text itself. This just had to work or they'd all be dead. No no no no don't think about that la la la la.

Specs started to whistle nervously.

OOC

If I understand BP, I'm going to spend 5 of them (from 16 --> 11) to add 5 dice to an Electronics roll? That's a total of 13 dice (I don't trust the roller to not screw me!) If that's not how it works, ignore the final 2 dice before the ghost roll if you please. (also oops I labeled it wrong and can't edit it to say 5)

Name
Electronics 8 + 3BP, ghost
34; 1
10d6;1d6 [6,1,3,2,1,4,6,1,4,6]; [6,1,3,2,1,4,6,1,4,6,1]

GM Post

Specs enhanced translator found the right words and he then spoke them into being.

The purple energy emanating from the book ceased as the portal was beginning to shrink. The Lonibabia architecture started to unravel and now was flying back into the portal.

The Ghost inside Cindy was ripped from her body revealing the ultimate party animal. Kev Snapped awake as he saw Cindy lying on the ground.

image.png.f12d453d22505c0010f49b513c33a02f.png

spacer.png
The words flowed out of Specs as his translator made sense of the strange text. Suddenly things started shifting and getting pulled been into the portal. The nerd's eyes went wide.

Pushing his glasses back up his nose he looked at Cindy and then at Kev. "Uh...did...did we just win?"