Ghostbusters: ApoKERMIS Now!

mykesfree

GM Post
Act 2: Lo-Cal College

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Traped Ghosts, Jin a sleep.

The Professor heard the tale from Kev and Specs and looked at them incredulously.

Professor Von Horton

John Conway in front of a blackboardA dour look came upon his face "Oh my, I was hoping you would have found out a way to stop the ApoKERMIS by now. But without the book...all hope is lost. "

Edited by mykesfree (see edit history)

spacer.png
Specs scratched his head and looked at the professor with strained eyes, as if it would help him understand the words better.

"Apoca... what-a? Kermit? The frog?" he asked, pushing the glasses back up his nose. "What book? Maybe we can find another copy of it, or someone uploaded a PDF to the web."

Looking up into the sky as if it helped him think, Specs said, "The twins found a package that was sent to us, but it'd been torn open. I took some readings on it with the PKE meter and got similar results to that, uh, guacamole monster ghost thing."

GM Post
Act 2: Lo-Cal College

Scene Traits:  Your Average Community College Campus, Well-Kept Lawns, Ivy-Covered Buildings, Traped Ghosts, Jin a sleep.

The Professor had a woeful look on his face.

Professor Von Horton

John Conway in front of a blackboardVon Horton chose not to think what a copy of the words in the book would do if it had the ability to copied and spread wide. He then gave a sigh "The ApoKERMIS my boy. The party at the end of the world, or the party that will bring about the world's end, depending on how you translate the ancient Lonibabian." The Professor paused and then started to recall a verse.

"When Sunlight's luminating eye finds ancient tome of dark delights;

When Children changed by demon's kiss encircle maid of primness tops-

Then Frog-steeds of the ApoKermis fly

Beyond Evil's previous heights,

and raise the dead in rev'lers bliss that drowns the world in meat and hops!"

"That is what was written by the High Lonibabian Priestess Lilith. For her book, Big Book of Dark Ceremonies and Party Games, contained a way to call the Elder Gods " Von Horton paused to make sure the Ghostbusters were understanding what he was saying and continued.

"But this was not all, it was when the new writing in the book appeared to me, and why I sent it to you. The writing said, "Free Me!"

spacer.png
"Woah, that's heavy," Specs said, literally taken aback for a moment.

"Okay, so light on dark delights... I guess that's when the book gets uncovered. And a maid of primness... I guess a movie star or a model? But I got nothing no frog-steeds. No matter what, this sounds like a bad time..."

Pushing his glasses back up his nose again, Specs added, "Okay, so, magic book thing. It had new words appear in it? Free me? Who's the me? The book? Or maybe some ghost its bound to?" He started wracking his brain for anything useful he'd read before about weird rituals or a party at the end of the world or even just imprisoned beings of power.
Name
Brains
4d6 5,6,1,4
Ghost die
1d6 6

the-dresden-files.harry-dresden.jpg

Kev doesn't have any luck in mentally processing any of that conversation, all he can do his shake his head and rub his nose bridge. Well, he is being paid to believe in this sort of thing these days.

"So I think I understand that we're talking about a Magic Book that wants to end the world, and that somehow Frogs factor into this." Kev admits with a grunt and the accent coming through.

"Right, Specs- good questions. Professor - my name is Kevin Chamberlin, former SAS and the resident thick. I just have one question to start then. Obvious the book was Intercepted, so who else wants the book that would send us the empty box anyway? I figure they could have just kept the box too and we never would have known."

OOC

Spec's wracks his brain for a bit trying to remember something about ancient Lonibabia. He remembered that there was an exhibit at the Lo-Cal Art Museum that is currently showcasing Lonibabian Art and Artifacts. From the article, Specs remembers seeing a piece of artwork that showed the High Priestess known as Lilith holding up some type of scroll or book to the sky as lighting struck her.

Professor Von Horton

John Conway in front of a blackboardVon Horton responded to Kev, "That is a good question. Yes, I do believe you are correct. Whoever intercepted the package has the book."

"Is there anyone who touches your mail before you receive it?"

Suddenly the Ghostbuster's phone rang it was the Wolfrath Twins.

the-dresden-files.harry-dresden.jpg

Kev shakes his head.

"Wouldn't be the twins, Spooky Postman - remember? No, no. Package was intercepted long before then I think." he remarks, and he can't put his finger on it.

"Magic Book to end the world is sent our way. Someone intercepts the package, takes the book, uses spooky means to make sure we get the box anyway." he speaks then, looking confused but wondering if he's made a breakthrough.

"Does this cult have some politics we should know about?"

OOC

Wolfrath Twins on the Phone

"Yes, your proton wand is on its way," Kurt said. The Kyle spoke up. "Yeah and umm Cindy is throwing a party tonight so we were uh going to leave early if that is okay with you bosses."

Professor Von Horton

John Conway in front of a blackboardVon Horton responded to Kev, "Politically speaking, all they care about is partying. The more hedonistic the better."

The Professor then wiped more guacamole off his suite.

touches your mail before you receive it?"

spacer.png
"Alright, cool, thanks guys," Specs said at first. Then he overheard the professor's words and things started to click. "Hang on one sec, let me ask Kev something," he said, putting the phone on mute.

"Did you just say partying?" he asked the professor before looking at Kev. "Aww man, the twins are asking to take the night off early to hit up a party. I think they opened the mail and got, I dunno, infected by the book or whatever."

Hitting unmute, Specs said, "Uh, sure, just make sure you leave your phones on, yeah? Might need to hit you up later."

Hanging up, he said out loud while punching up something on his phone, "I think I can track their phone's location...hang on..." he said.

OOC

Electronics check to, uh, hack the phone-lines? LOL

Name
Electronics
7d6 5,2,3,3,2,4,1
Ghost die
1d6 3

Spec's hacked his phone and traced the twin's location as indeed they were heading towards Cindy's house.

A Ghostbuster drone came by and dropped off the proton wand to Specs and then took off.

spacer.png
Taking the new proton wand, Specs took a few minutes to change his gear out so it was ready for the next ghost or bad idea.

"I think I've got the location of the Twins and i think they're under ther influence of the book. We should follow them. I net they've got the book at that party."

GM Post

Act III: There's a Party Going On Right Here.....

Scene:  Your Average American Suburban Neighborhood combined with Architecture from 2000 Years ago. Dark Clouds Gather as a Tower of Catering Hall reaching towards the sky sits in the center. Skeletons and Zombies dance in the street and party to some type of unheard music. Ghosts eat street foods with Ghouls and Gargoyles.

The Ghostbusters pull up their Ecto-vehicle they stop at a Seven Foot High Stonewall that has formed around the Neighborhood. Undead sit with hammers and chisels etching pictures of partygoers into the stone face.

Along the wall, there was an ornate carved stone gateway facing the street.

Two large creatures with Bat-like wings and scales stand before the gate checking the partygoers to make sure they are part of the "in" crowd before a partygoer enters.

spacer.png
Turning off the engine, Specs whistled as he looked at the new-old architecture.

"Woooooah that's some pretty cool stuff!" he blurted out. "Uh, I mean, obviously bad but still pretty neat!"

Looking at the gargoyle guards, he said, "I don't think we're getting in without a fight... Unless you have a bright idea?"