Dice roller questions

Melkar

Hey all, first of all apologies if this has been posted in the wrong forum, and feel free to move this post to wherever is the best place for it if it is. I’ve been reading the user guide for the dice roller and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this.

Am I correct in thinking that now if I want to add a dice roll into a post I’m making I have to post first and then add the dice roll in afterwards and there’s no way for me to add in a dice roll as part of my post before I submit it? Is there a thread anywhere on the site where I can post dice rolls to test out the roller or do I have to wait until the first time I need to post and make a dice roll to do so?

2 hours ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

You can do inline rolls using the dice icon on the Toolbar (image.png.b7940a97a96d00d8160eaec0b2bcc8e9.png) like this: 2d6+4, or yes, you post then add dice after posting using the roller.

[edit: of course, since this post isn't in a game, then the roller isn't actually enabled here, but the principle is the same.]

I believe this is a Supporter-only feature. I've shown this to people as well and they ask me "what button" LOL But I thought the idea was to roll it out to all users after the site-launch?

@Melkar In the meantime, yes, the only other way to get dice is to post first. You then "attach" dice to that post. It's got to do with server-handshaking for security (I believe).

On 7/15/2023 at 5:03 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

In the meantime, yes, the only other way to get dice is to post first. You then "attach" dice to that post. It's got to do with server-handshaking for security (I believe).

Just to give the staff-side answer fully (And Malkavian got most of it!), it's a combination of there being a post for the tower to attach dice rolls, combined with anti-cheat features. Different process compared to OGMW, but on the plus side you don't have to worry about moving a new roll above an old roll in an edit and having the site scream that Something is Wrong and They Cheated!