Chapter 2: The Leave-Taking

Brian Skies

Lola (Drow Echo Knight)spacer.png

AC: 16 | HP: 47/47 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 14 | Features

Lola thinks they are pressing a little too hard on trying to find out our purpose. She already told them that we were to meet with the Aurora watch.

"He didn't tell us why, but we are supposed to check in with the Aurora Watch when we get there. I suppose I expect the Watch to have a message for us to send back. Perhaps sending us is some sort of code from Elder Ushru."

Otherwise she's ready to make camp and continue our journey in the morning.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Notes

Agathe Silverspoon - meat pies
Irvan - scruffy human
Elder Colbu Kaz - riddles
Galsariad - drow riddle competitor, talked to Ayo at the pier
Ayo - blue skinned swimmer
Dermot - goblin at maze, referred to Ayo at the maze
Maggie - ogre at maze
Alyxian asked Moon Weaver to save him. Long ago, he prayed to the Change Bringer 
gave us a gem

There, someone named Alyxian claimed to be lost in darkness. Something about Changebringer in the heat of a temple of evil and taking a jewel. This all happened after we found the jewel in during the challenge yesterday. There was also a bit about praying to Moonweaver, but suspect that's in reference to where we were when we found the amulet."

"Then just now, Elder Usher said that they believe it would be in our best interests to travel to the city of Bazzoxan. As you know, it is a grim town under the control of the Aurora Watch, not a pleasant place to visit. But he thinks we found a Vestige of Divergence, an enchanted relic from the time of the Calamity known as the Jewel of Three Prayers. He said people do not stumble upon Vestiges without a reason. And there is no place in Xhorhas where the memory of the Calamity lingers more strongly than in Bazzoxan.

• 2 weeks later...

xHkGiIe.png.94d2c8cc656fdc5daafad700c0ef51f0.png Umar - Character Sheet | Application

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svg HP: 31/31 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | Channel Divinity 1/1 | Spells: I - 4/4 II - 3/3

Umar graciously accepts the thanks. "You are most welcome, precious belongings should be returned to those who care for them." He follows Irvan out the the fire and takes a seat, nodding to those present.

• 1 month later...

A wave of disappointment seems to wash over Ayo. However, she quickly recovers. "The Aurora Watch, huh? So, you're like messengers."

"Those in positions of power like Elder Ushru rarely have the opportunity to travel to other cities. It must be an important message if he asked the champions of the festival to deliver it." Dermot almost seems to end the conversation. "Here, have some more soup. Adventuring is best on filled stomachs." The goblin grabs some more bowls, passing one to everyone, including Umar and Irvan who had just joined them.

"Five battlemages?" Galsariad seems most impressed. "I don't hold such lofty ambitions, at least not yet. I joined the others for an adventure. And I'm sure I will further hone my abilities traveling with them. What about you? Do you wish to become one of these Warrior-Scholars?"

Vir Corath                                                  nGssawp.png

AC: checked-shield.svg19  | health-normal.svg HP: 34/34 | Initiative: +2 | sprint.svg Passive Perception: 12 (darkvision)

"It is a boast."

Vir conceded, chuckling at the admission

"But yes, I seek to master my Clan's techniques. To earn the title of Warrior-Scholar, and fill my mind with the perfect calm of Dunamancy. I'm on the cusp of a breakthrough, but it eludes me."

They did not sound frustrated, just hopeful.

"Adventure is a worthy goal in its own right, you will go far honing your abilities in the field."

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

xHkGiIe.png.94d2c8cc656fdc5daafad700c0ef51f0.png Umar - Character Sheet | Application

checked-shield.svgAC: 19 | health-normal.svg HP: 31/31 | awareness.svg PP: 15 | Channel Divinity 1/1 | Spells: I - 4/4 II - 3/3

The tiny Tortle nods to Irvan as they join the others at the fire, catching the tail end of the conversation. "Oh messages are always important to the ones sending them... but soup, that warms the soul, what do we have the pleasure of sharing in?"