Beyond the Fourth Wall (out of character)

Xerin

Guys, I don't care if we go slow with this, I want you to have fun playing your characters. If you want more in-class time, I can do some of that (though I won't be RPing full classes), but the point is to try to slowly experience a Super-Hero school. You don't have to ace the MacGuffin, you don't have to ace classes, you don't have to do a lot of things in here. Just play your character as you see them and have fun.

5 hours ago, Xerin said:

Guys, I don't care if we go slow with this, I want you to have fun playing your characters. If you want more in-class time, I can do some of that (though I won't be RPing full classes), but the point is to try to slowly experience a Super-Hero school. You don't have to ace the MacGuffin, you don't have to ace classes, you don't have to do a lot of things in here. Just play your character as you see them and have fun.

Sounds good! Would we be able to fast-forward beyond the first class period, if we have narrative beats to cover?

Okay, so a couple of you keep pushing me to group people together so we can 'RP in class'.

No.

I don't know your general ages out of the game, but I actually spend time in classrooms as a substitute teacher to help pay some bills. RPing in class would be me repeatedly interrupting your RP with a side task that I don't want to write up, and that you guys don't want to do. Think about you planning to steal a MacGuffin from a student in another class and halfway through the conversation being moved across the room and being forced to explain how to get X from a 3-step formula.

Or trying to find a hiding place for the MacGuffin and then being told that you can only have a discussion if it's being done in Japanese.

That's not fun.

Now there are upcoming classes, that will be done with RP. The calendar is a hint at those classes. The Calendar classes will be RP-based because they are going to be focused on your superpowers or your super heroics.

With respect, the desire by me to group PCs in classes is to share scenes together, so we’re not all split up. It’s to enable group projects together.

Since you do not see any benefit in that, please just assign us a class schedule that suits how you want to tell your story.

cheers

Hey guys, life is crazy right now. Two nephews have shown up (both under the age of 10) with their family from out of state, other family is staying from upstate, and I'll be soon going down to my family's house when not commuting to my work which is in multiple different parts of my city. I'll try to get a post done, but I'm not sure of my success rate on coherent thought for the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in getting the game moving again guys. Dealing with a bit of depression and been having a hard time getting past writers/dm's block. Hoping to figure out what to do soon, just been rough lately. But just know that the game is not abandoned.