Beyond the Fourth Wall (out of character)

Xerin

Things I like about this add:

1. Great setup. Just a little iffy about Supes' retirement. In Reign of the Supermen it wouldn't be outside reality to fashion him a new cybernetic arm which could match his powers.
  2. Mr Freeze AKA Doctor Freeze as one of the teachers. All time favorite Shakespearian Batman villains. Did he cure Nora?
  3. Picking Mads Mikkelsen as portrait for Mr Freeze. You, sir/ma'am, are a man/woman of class!
  4. I'm more familiar with DC universe than Marvel universe. To be honest, the last MCU movie I saw was Captain America TFA.
  5. A lot of potential to include obscure DC characters into your bio. I mean, we all characters like Kiteman, right... Right?

I got a few ideas: one with plant powers and one with animalistic powers (I'm thinking an alternative to Kirk Lanstrom's Man-bat serum).

Oh, looks like a cool set-up. Though how do we get here? Do we all come together, like in a bus, or do we all arrive at roughly the same time but in different ways?

Also XQbitor please be my guide, I don't know a lot about DC besides the basics

1 hour ago, Abalon said:

Also XQbitor please be my guide, I don't know a lot about DC besides the basics

You'll be right to follow me, young padawan 😜 I know most of the ins and out of DC.

Cool character concept, btw.

@XQbitor
I know more from Marvel then DC besides what I have watched from the CWDC universe. Legends of Tomorrow is my favorite. I still need to finish watching all of them.

Do you have any suggestions on how an Elasti-Girl/Elongated Man/Plastic Man style character got their abilities? Besides being a metahuman from dark matter exposure.
I was thinking more water based then rubber. Sort of like Robert Kelly from the X-Mana movie or Rita Farr from Doom Patrol.

Edited by Smiley0713 (see edit history)

You also have to remember the timing, Superman was in his early 30s in the 70s in this setting. It is set in the modern era (basically today though I'm keeping the exact date loose). This puts Superman in his 80's. And while Batman Beyond shows that Superman is still alive and kicking at that age, a major injury, a blow to his pride (being attacked and repeatedly beaten back by other Kryptonians), and having others take up the mantle, it makes him willing to step down.

THAT being said. Superman isn't completely out of the game. If there's a major natural disaster or another incursion, expect Superman to be willing and able to take back up the mantle.

6 hours ago, Smiley0713 said:

@XQbitor
Do you have any suggestions on how an Elasti-Girl/Elongated Man/Plastic Man style character got their abilities? Besides being a metahuman from dark matter exposure.
I was thinking more water based then rubber. Sort of like Robert Kelly from the X-Mana movie or Rita Farr from Doom Patrol.

Well, there's always the 'fall into a vat of Ace chemicals' schtick . That's how Plastic Man got his powers (and broke the minds of a few others).

Interacting with alien technology or being exposed by extraterrestrial beings might also trigger elastic powers.

It could be inherited from a well known hero or from a recessive gene.

Hope it helps jogging the creative juices.

@Smiley0713 In the DC universe there is a famous superhero that can transform into water, much like Hydroman in Marvel, and that hero is Zan of the Wonder Twins. Zan has the power of Hydrophysiology and can essentially be a liquid version of Iceman. Tons of potential with his power set. As to how to create an origin you could just be his grandkid. It ties you to the world and gives you a legacy to follow.

12 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

How many people are going to be accepted for this game? Or, is it just going to be open to anyone?

I haven't decided on the exact number yet. I think I'm going to with around 6ish with the understanding that people may disappear. I may increase players if I can handle the size well enough, or if I find someone willing to co-GM the game after the initial number has been set. There will also be a potential for players to make NPCs to help fill out classes and the student body as the game progresses.

19 hours ago, Xerin said:

I haven't decided on the exact number yet. I think I'm going to with around 6ish with the understanding that people may disappear. I may increase players if I can handle the size well enough, or if I find someone willing to co-GM the game after the initial number has been set. There will also be a potential for players to make NPCs to help fill out classes and the student body as the game progresses.

About how many other students will be in our class with us? Is this a very elite program with little more than just the PCs attending, or is it a full-fledged High School with hundreds of students? Because if you're looking for some generic background heroes I can come up with a few fun ones.