Beyond the Fourth Wall (out of character)

Xerin

So, here's the breakdown with the times.

Purple has the most time and is currently gaining time.

Blue had it for some time but doesn't anymore.

Yellow started with it but was found within the first hour. This was important because it meant that if you didn't know it was discovered, people managed to hide it from you.

Green hasn't touched the MacGuffin, but they also haven't been penalized for any of their actions. So their number hasn't gone up or down. [Since they haven't updated their stats but aren't last, they weren't mentioned]

Red team hasn't touched the MacGuffin, BUT got caught searching an area they weren't supposed to (a girl was sneaking around on the boys' floor while you were sleeping).

To be clear, there are NO required uniform rules AT the school. The uniforms are for when you are off campus, or doing something that might involve outside cameras. They are, however, comfy. The benefit of Damian and Dick Grayson being your VP and Principal is both hated school uniforms and found them constricting. While they both agreed that they would be necessary for photo scenarios and for keeping the group together if you went on a field trip, they made sure that doing superhero stuff in them would be a non-issue. And thanks to them both having MONEY, plus the additional funds provided by Bruce Wayne, they could splurge on the cost of uniforms. While the uniforms themselves have no 'in-game' stats, they are similar material to Superman's suit, which didn't rip and tear at bullets and knives and required tank-level assault to get injured. That being said, there's no padding, so a bullet hitting you is a bullet hitting you, even if the cloth doesn't rip. So while you may not get any protection out of them, after a fierce combat, your clothes would be usable and recognizable. You as students, are not aware of this. You are just aware that if you checked your mailbox (which was in mini lounge next to the elevator), you have two sets.

Hey all... sorry to interrupt.  I don't know if you all know or not, but rauhric contacted me a couple weeks ago to let me know that his father had passed away. His father's health was paramount in his need to take some time away even before he passed. rauhric was able to make his father's passing as nice as those things can be but he asked for some time to grieve this loss and get things settled.

I'm sorry I didn't mention this sooner in case you lot didn't know.

Okay, so we're getting started on 'classes'. 90% of the time, individual classes (math, science, computer technology, art, etc) won't be RPed. You will go in, it will fade to black, and you'll come out. The reason for the class placements is that if an event happens that takes you out of a class (ie you discover someone is hiding the McGuffin stick in a gutter and you decide to skip the class before lunch to grab it and hide it elsewhere), you will get a mark and might end up missing the XP benefit of that class. That being said, the benefit of gaining the MacGuffin Stick may outweigh your missing of that class, so judge wisely.

The only times RP will happen in class is when you are trying to do an event inside of said class. For instance, Volker is 100% positive that Barda has the MacGuffin. He also knows that Barda can easily throw him through a wall. So while she's busy working on her Math, Voker grabs the MacGuffin and pockets it. Since this is happening in the class, or at least he knows he's going to make the attempt. We'll roleplay the scene where you're trying to stealth against Barda and Dr. Freeze, if not the whole class.

Sometimes homework might be given out that are challenges for the player to do that may net a reward on the best success of rolls (gym having a push-up competition, art requiring the best photo of the mansion, science/biology having your party track down a flower, and so forth), but those won't be super common either.

You're no doubt right that it most likely will never matter. Does seem like a school like this would at least try to minimize how many different versions of the same class they're teaching, depending on how many students are taking it.

Just saying it seems like a good idea to syncronize everyone's classes a bit, at least from a world-building angle.

I'm just hoping for the following conversation:

"MAaaaan... I'm missing music class for this? We're getting to listen to Jazz."

"Hah! Sucks to be you, I'm skipping math, and Dr. Freeze is doing a quiz today."

"Lucky bastard."