Beyond the Fourth Wall (out of character)

Xerin

Alright, my current plan is to update the story tomorrow around this time, unless life does something screwy. Which, trust me, it's been doing to me a lot. Until then, feel free to RP. If I get 6 people posting that they're ready to move on in here, I'll post ahead the next time I check. But otherwise, I feel like we've had some decent player-to-player introductions.

To fully clarify the rules. There are 4 teams of 3. Each team has 2 players and 1 NPC. As to who is on which team, that was chosen randomly by the staff. So your roommate could be on your team, or they could be on your allies team, or they could be your enemy. It's random.

The longer your team holds the rod, the more points you get. Basically 1 point for every full hour.

Each team has an ally. Team A has B, Team C has D (and vice versa, D has C, and B has A). If you're on A team, and B team has a rod, you get a point for every two hours they have the rod. But discovering what team supports yours is even more difficult than getting the confirmation code for who is on your team.

Getting the rod for your team and keeping it at the very end, is your primary goal. Use whatever resources you have. The winner of this event will get 2 PP to spend. Second place will get 1 PP. Third place 0. Fourth place will have a random class penalized on top of whatever penalties you run into for trying to steal the rod in the middle of the night or getting into a wrestling match over it during lunch break. Again, 1st place is whoever has the rod at the end of the day on Friday. 2nd place goes to whoever held on to the rod the longest, not including 1st place. 3rd place goes to whoever had the second longest amount of time, not including 1st place. And 4th is the group with the least amount of time holding the rod.

The staff are the odd team out. If they have the McGuffin stick at the end of the challenge, or for the longest period of time during the challenge, everyone gets the worst result. Reminder, Poison Ivy can sense plants being dug up, and the staff have access to the cameras. So just planting the rod somewhere and hoping to run down the clock is likely to give them points in the long run.

The size of the MacGuffin Stick is about 26 inches in length and about an inch to an inch and a half in thickness. Not including the switches at the top. The rod is a pentangular prism, meaning it has five sides going up and down the length. It weighs a few pounds, and while it can easily be hidden in some places, it's hard to actually FULLY hide, especially on your person.

Discovering more will require the use of either skills, abilities, or powers.

Using your powers is fine, just avoid using them lethally or destructively. That being said, Barda could probably do a power punch on Daniel and get away with it. Much like Daniel could tackle Kaand'r and get away with it. But if any of the three of you hit June, you'd probably disqualify your team with the amount of negative points.

I expect most attempts at theft to happen during lunch and after classes. That being said, if you share a class with a fellow student, you are welcome to make an attempt if you don't interrupt the class.

Also, for the purposes of this competition, defense is static, and offense is rolled.

Example A: Player A makes a claim that they don't have the rod in their backpack. Whether this is persuasion or deception doesn't matter (and they don't have to roll). I'll take a 10, plus their active skill, and that is the DC. Player B, then rolls either their insight or other investigative check against that static DC to determine if that claim is truthful.

Example B: Player A hides an object using a power. The defensive DC is Power Level of Power, +10. Player B would roll a D20 plus their relevant power or skill to see if they can overcome that defense. If they succeed, they can find the object. If they fail, the object stays hidden.

Edited by Xerin (see edit history)

Still working out some of the coding for the new site. Anyone know if there is a way to include more than one person for Private Text? Also, is it possible to hide the fact that you are rolling dice from other players?