OOC

PureChance

2 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Need to vote:

1. Go directly there?

2. Find the Guide?

Let's go players. The delay is all on us.

cheers

I rather thought our group would spend some time privately discussing our best course of action before embarking on our next adventure, but to be honest I'll do what everybody else wants to do. If everybody wants to find our "guide" first, I'm for it. If we just fast-forward to the hippocampus hunt, then that's okay with me, too.

I don't believe anyone knows his true name.

It may help to update your post header to remind people?

Incidentally, I'm not sure Vasilis has said he'd pay in advance, though lounging around for 7 days and collecting 70 gold wouldn't be prohibited 😉

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

Oh. I wasn't sure. I thought that possibly Miranda's oracular abilities might've allowed her to pierce through Autarkos' attempt at subterfuge. 😉 Anyway, I have made the change that you recommended to make it easier for the others to remember his current nom de guerre.

As for the retainer fee, does that mean we would have to report to Vasilis everyday to collect our 10gp or would we only get it after we turn in the hippocampus? Do we get the 100gp only if and when we return with the creature?

21 minutes ago, artsmythe said:

As for the retainer fee, does that mean we would have to report to Vasilis everyday to collect our 10gp or would we only get it after we turn in the hippocampus? Do we get the 100gp only if and when we return with the creature?

You could either report in daily to collect, or report at the end of the time period to collect. Basically he's paying you 10gp per day you spend working on the job whether or not you succeed, though how he knows you're working on it is up for debate. Any advance payment would need to be negotiated, he's already supplying a water tank wagon and mules to transport to captured beast.

The bonus is only if you return with the creature.

Sorry @artsmythe but I'm not sure I even know your pseudonym, so I tend to go with what's on the header, as keeping a false name in my mind is way to hard between posts... I'm getting forgetful in my old age!

edit: thanks for adding Daedelus in your header, I've edited my post.

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)

You're still in Vasilis estate, he has simply walked off to give you some privacy. However he's also said that if you need anything food or drink wise just holla, so clearly there are servants nearby in case. The extent you trust their discretion, and Vasilis himself, is up to you. Vasilis will return for an answer if Thursday or Friday! So if you let me know OOC which direction you intend on traveling at least I can advance the scene appropriately to alley, tavern or beachfront

Kheiron's line works fine in the manor while discussing in private, I think. So let's just go with that. He does suggest that they would retreat to a more private location after the meeting though. I guess the question he'd be really interested in asking Vasilis is why he's willing to pay so handsomely for such a mundane-appearing task, but at the same time there is little reason to assume the answer would reveal anything.

Edited by Eldariel (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Having been on shaky legs for a little while, this game unfortunately seems to have ground to a halt all round, so I'm going to call it and archive it.

Pleasure playing with you all, and thanks for entertaining my learning experience - I certainly gained something from it.