Tip on using Baldr

LDDragon

• 3 weeks later...

I use edit, open source, copy, cancel edit. Start new post, open source, paste. Edit.

There is something wrong with the colour palette with a change recently. I tend to edit as per above as the new colour palette doesn't match some of the colours I used initially for games that started earlier.

Somewhere there's a list of the color names just like on OGMW, which you could ostensibly edit into source to get your colors back. But gosh is that a lot of effort...

That color palette swap was annoying, no idea why they did that. Also when I try to use the 'more colors' option to pick from the bigger list it just ignores my selections and won't apply it to text. It does give me a hexidecimal value for the color, which I guess I could edit into source... bleh.

This color is "#e1352d"

custom color #669966

You need the line:

<font color="#e1352d"> some words</font>

where the #e1352d is replaced by the font color code from here:

image.png.4ff2743bbc62353ea9242d28ae845a7d.png

It's so easy!

🙄

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

The problem with doing it that way is that people use different themes now. So some colors won't display properly on some themes. As I understand it, using the color options given you is supposed to allow automatic adjustment for differing themes, no idea how well that works. Not to discourage anyone from making the posts they want, just pointing out why it might not be quite as simple as you might like.

Anyhow, I mostly stopped using colored text years ago, it just felt kind of silly. In large games, you almost always ended up with people using more or less the same color or someone using a color that was either barely visible or outright irritating to someone (you really don't get that until you see an entire wall of text in a particularly aggressive bright purple, which I have seen at least one player do). I do use it occasionally on headers or sheets but haven't used it in a post since probably about 2016 or so.

Yeah, when you type text and just select a color from the palette it makes this code:

<span style="color:rgb(var(--mwpalette-Bold_2));">

But somehow playing around in the last post I got to the actual color code. Not sure what I did, because it's not a copy/paste.

Do you think someone is very proud of the 'guaranteed contrast' code they wrote, and it color shifts based on theme, or that those bold colors just show up on any theme?

I see no way to change themes in Account Settings or Profile, so wherever they hid that is very sneaky.

It's at the very bottom of every page, right above the copyright.

You're probably right that it's just a list of colors that work well with all themes, I haven't played around with themes much, just picked one a while back and left it.

It actually does more than that. There are two color pallettes at work, one for light themes and one for dark themes, make a test post using a few of the colors and then view them on the default theme and then the night theme to watch them change.

Setting a hard hex color will not change between themes, so if I say, set a dark black, or navy blue, then someone using a dark theme will have a very hard time reading it.

That is why the effort to create the new color pallette was done, however the inability to set your own color was not intended, so that is currently on the bug tracker to be fixed.

10 hours ago, bwatford said:

Sounds like you just need to select the box and its content and then left justify. If that doesn't work just copy the content thats in it, delete the old box and create a new one and paste the content in as plain text.

I tried both of those yesterday. The spoiler box shows itself as left justified but that's only affecting the text inside, not the box's position in the post. Making a new spoiler creates a similarly centered spoiler box.

LEft Aligned Spoiler

Left aligned spoiler box

Center aligned, then made new spoiler

Hide this

Right aligned, then made new spoiler

Hide this

Looooong spoiler box using the Indent button

Hide this

Secret Table

Hide this

To make spoilers

Hide this

Span the page

Hide this

Yeah, other than the table trick, I can't remember how to get them to respond to Align Left/Center/Right. They just stick on the left edge by default.

Left align

Hide this

Center align

Hide this

Right align

Hide this

Edit - before you make the spiler in the table, align that cell of the table how you want and the spoiler will keep that. It might just be a thing we can do inside tables...

Right align

yeah, this took what was inside that table with the 'align right' and it just ignores it in the main body. It only changes how the text aligns inside the spoiler.

@Ulysses Dare I have no idea how you got a box to hang out centered and not stick to left aligned without it being stuck in a table.

Here! An Answer: Change 'Center' to 'Left'

check it

Centered

Test

<div align="center">
	<div class="mwspoiler">
		<div class="mwspoiler-shown" data-mw-tag="ooc">
			<div class="mwspoiler-showtext">
				<p>
					It Works!
				</p>
			</div>
		</div>

<div class="mwspoiler-hidden" style="display: none;">
			<div class="mwspoiler-hidetext">
				<p>
					Test
				</p>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

Left align

Test

<div align="left">
	<div class="mwspoiler">
		<div class="mwspoiler-shown" data-mw-tag="ooc">
			<div class="mwspoiler-showtext">
				<p>
					Left align
				</p>
			</div>
		</div>

<div class="mwspoiler-hidden" style="display: none;">
			<div class="mwspoiler-hidetext">
				<p>
					Test
				</p>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

Now is there any other way to get three on the same row without a table? Probably not.

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)