Group B chapter 3 Stone Cast Shadows continued from OGMW

LDDragon

jeffery-lim-kiri-kitsune.jpg.677c1d32d7214d3869a9cbe4384b5d5b.jpgFirea - Kitsune Summoner lvl 3

AC: 16 | HP: 41/41 | PER: +8 | FORT: +8 REF: +6 WILL: +8 | SPELLS/DAY: CAN: Unl 1ST: 2/2 2ND: 1/1 | HERO POINTS: 3/3 | FOCUS POINTS: 1/1

SPELLS

Innate: Daze*, (Forbidding Ward), (Ghost Sound)

NOTE: Ones in () are not active and one with * is active as per Kitsune Spell Familiarity Feat.

Focus: Boost Eidolon, Evolution Surge

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Eat Fire, Electric Arc, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Read Aura

First: Burning Hands, Summon Animal, Summon Fey

Second: Summon Elemental

It was hard to miss the attractive female that walked up to them. Long red hair tied back into a ponytail that ended in tufts of white, a trifecta of long fluffy red tails that also ended in tufts of white, and the ears...the red vulpine ears with white fur in them.

What was even harder to miss was the large flaming vulpine that was padding next to her. It looked just like a fox, save for the fact that it was much much larger and ON FIRE! No...it IS fire.

"Yes, he sent us. I am Firea, this is Auriflamma." Firea replied to Armie, motioning to the literal firefox next to her. While one may not of met them, it is quite possible to have heard of Firea the Firefox, and Auriflamma at least.

She then looked over towards Zyrel a moment, then smiles. "We were sent to give you a hand, and a burning paw."

joel-chaim-holtzman-axumite-warrior.jpg

Nervous as always when meeting new people, Chokupa approaches hesitantly. Browsing his mind for the proper way to greet those of each heritage and culture. Berating himself for failing in his studies of Dwarven and Elvish. Chokupa bows hesitantly to each before introducing himself. "Hello, I am Chokupa, I am from a village not far from the university. I gladly offer any skills that may be of use. I am quite talented with my bow, though my I have fallen behind in my studies of magicks." Bowing his head in faux shame, knowing full well his studies of magic are all a cover for his shapeshifting and illusion capabilities.

Deception (Incase anyone cares to peer through his "shame")

Kneeling down to be level with the poor gremlin creature after hearing its pleas, "Are you hurt little one, why do you wish to be taken away?" With permission, Chokupa begins checking the creature for any healing needed.

Medicine

Edited by Strider228
Messed up dice rolls somehow. (see edit history)
Name
(Deception
SyntaxError: Unexpected token )
1d20)
(Medicine
SyntaxError: Unexpected token )
1d20+10)
Deception
1d20 4
Medicine
1d20+10 11

Map 4, current

Armenga introduces herself and rummages through the dead.

Zyrel reveals his presence and welcomes the newcomers.

Firea introduces herself and Auriflamma.

Chokupa also greets the others, and inquires whether the gremlin is hurt, and why she wishes to be taken away.

"Name is Binji. The others treated me as a servant. Not badly hurt. I just want to leave in peace. Dont let them hurt me!"

Chokupa notes that she has an unusually large number of lice, and anyone who touches her would likely risk catching them as well. Apart from that she seems relatively healthy, no major injuries, though some bruises and minor cuts.

Armenga notes that the gnagrif had a light hammer, the jinkin had a shortsword, three mitflits each had a shortsword and 5 darts, so 15 darts total. There is a map on the table.

A table bearing a large cloth map pinned down with heavy rocks along the edges occupies much of this room. Though dirty and tattered, the aged map provides a detailed view of the Magaambya campus. Drawn atop the map are several caves and tunnels, creating a connected web of passages between the buildings.

The map is covered with scribblings, partially completed schemes, and notes in a mishmash of Common, Undercommon, and Terran. Even though the plans are indecipherable, they plainly depict targeted attacks on the Magaambya. Anyone examining the map can see that the storage room and outdoor Introduction Ceremony site are circled, as are the Tree-Stump Library and Tireless Hall.

Many of the abandoned tunnels beneath the school are marked on the map, too, with the hatch leading to the Spire Dormitory circled with a note in Undercommon.

Click for ooc

One of the paperweights on the map is a lump of amber worth 35 gp. Secured beneath the map table are three lesser healing potions. Anyone Searching the room discovers the cache of potions with a successful DC 14 Perception check.

Rooms

C1. Staging Room            Low 3

The wooden wall panels in this long, low room have been broken apart in four places to reveal narrow passages burrowed into the stone. The railing which spans the walls and the low rail in the middle hint that this room once served as a dance studio. Several desks have been relocated here with a few books and papers; more papers nailed to the wood near each entrance feature hastily sketched maps.

C2. Wet Hollow
Both of the southwestern tunnels from area C1 descend steeply into this room, as does the tunnel from area C3. The room has several puddles of murky, standing water. Some type of crustacean is mostly submerged in one of the puddles; most of the creature’s head is missing.

The dead vexgit wears a silver ring worth 40 gp as a bracelet. The heroes find it automatically if they remove the creature’s corpse from the puddle.

C3. Massive Mushroom
This large, irregular cavern has moisture dripping down the walls and a narrow tunnel leading up to the north. A large, blue, glowing mushroom faintly illuminates the space.

It’s roughly the size and width of a dwarf. The mushroom has plainly been gnawed at a bit.

DC 15 Nature check knows that it isn’t harmful; on a critical success, the hero realizes that eating it will aid primal spellcasters.

The mushroom bears a strange enchantment that interacts with those capable of casting primal spells. Anyone eating a piece of the mushroom is imbued with restorative magic. For the next hour, when the imbiber casts a non-cantrip primal spell that targets only one creature, they can choose to restore 1d6 Hit Points per spell level to the target in addition to the spell’s normal effects; this is a healing effect. A creature can only gain this benefit from the mushroom once per day.

C8

C10. War Room. CURRENT ROOM.

A table bearing a large cloth map pinned down with heavy rocks along the edges occupies much of this room. Though dirty and tattered, the aged map provides a detailed view of the Magaambya campus. Drawn atop the map are several caves and tunnels, creating a connected web of passages between the buildings.

The map is covered with scribblings, partially completed schemes, and notes in a mishmash of Common, Undercommon, and Terran. Even though the plans are indecipherable, they plainly depict targeted attacks on the Magaambya. Anyone examining the map can see that the storage room and outdoor Introduction Ceremony site are circled, as are the Tree-Stump Library and Tireless Hall.

Many of the abandoned tunnels beneath the school are marked on the map, too, with the hatch leading to the Spire Dormitory circled with a note in Undercommon.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Armenga Olulo - Thaumaturge 3

HP: 38/38 | AC: 20 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spells: 0

Perception: +7 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7

Conditions | Consumables | Spells | Skills | School

"Hey, can anyone decipher all this chicken-scratch and scribbles?" Armenga asks, unable to read half of what is on the map. She points especially to the note marking the secret passage into their dormitory. "This would be good to be able to read."

She searches the rest of the room for anything of interest, waiting for the others more clever than her to think of questions for this strange gremlin. She turns up a few potions hidden beneath the table, which she sets out for the others to claim. Finally, she says, "Why attack the school? This looks like a lot of planning. What, the teachers piss in your porridge?" She pauses for a second. "And did you bring the bugs?"

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1: roll perception

Action 2: find 3 lesser healing pots and 35gp amber chunk

Action 3: 

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Exploration Activity:

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment
-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Scroll Thaum

-Steeped in History

-Talisman Esoterica

-Toughness

Gear

Worn

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-School Robes

-Bracelet of Dashing

-Breastplate

Weapons

-Dagger

-Whip

-Leiomano

-+1 War Razor

Containers

Backpack

-Extendable Pincers

-Feather Token (Chest)

-Feather Token (Ladder)

-Grappling Hook

-Net

-Repair Kit

-Rope, 50'

-2x Sacks

-Soap

-2x Torches

-Waterskin

-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch

-Antidote

-10x Chalk

-2x Healing Potion, minor

-Flint and Steel

-3x Oil Pints

-Signal Whistle

-Silver Ring (40gp)

-2x Empty Vials

-1gp, 10sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll

-Crafter's Book

-2x Rations (1w)

-3x Sacks

-3x Torches

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Perceptions for stuff
1d20+7 16

jeffery-lim-kiri-kitsune.jpg.677c1d32d7214d3869a9cbe4384b5d5b.jpgFirea - Kitsune Summoner lvl 3

AC: 16 | HP: 41/41 | PER: +8 | FORT: +8 REF: +6 WILL: +8 | SPELLS/DAY: CAN: Unl 1ST: 2/2 2ND: 1/1 | HERO POINTS: 3/3 | FOCUS POINTS: 1/1

SPELLS

NOTE: Ones in () are not active and one with * is active as per Kitsune Spell Familiarity Feat.

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Eat Fire, Electric Arc, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Read Aura

Firea looks towards 'Binji' a moment then frowns. "I ask that you keep that one away from me. I have enough hair on my tails, ears, and head that should those things upon her get upon me I would not be happy."

That was when Auriflamma spoke up. "Yeah, they do not call her Firea the Firefox for nothing."

"Auriflamma!" Firea quipped, obviously not liking the moniker to much.

"Sorry Firea, but you know I love that they call you that!" The large flaming fox said.

First she would glare at him, then Firea would glare Auriflamma, then at Binji.

She then looked towards Armenga and considered a moment. "That is an elemental language." She said pointing to Terren. "Sadly, I only know Pyric which is one of the Fire Elemental Languages."

Zyrel (Ekujae Rogue)spacer.png

AC: 20 | HP: 27/27 | Perception: +9 (Initiative +2) | F: 4 R: 11 W: 9 | Conditions: none| Class DC:19| Spell DC: 18  | Sheet

"Huh, well you're one up on me, I don't know any of the elemental languages." Zyrel smiles crookedly. "Well, no more than a few not so nice Terran words out of gnomish anyhow."

Mechanics

Main Hand: Bow
Off Hand: Empty

Potential Reaction:

Spells

Cantrips Prepared: Acid Splash, Scatter Scree, Shield, Message, Mage Hand, Gouging Claw

Cantrips Known: Scatter Scree, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation, Read Aura, Daze, Gouging Claw, Mage Hand, Ghost Sounds, Shield

Map

Armenga inquires if anyone can read the scribbles. She also finds a few potions, which she sets out for the others to claim. Then she queries the gremlin.

Firea says to keep Binji away from her, due to the lice, with Auriflamma piping up as well.

Zyrel adds his comments about languages to the mix.

"I can read the Common and Undercommon parts." Binji pipes up. She points at the note in Undercommon with the hatch leading to Spire Dormitory. This says

"They Live Here. Send Urbel to kill them." she thinks for a moment.

"But I think that Urbel is still down here. Kurshkin and the weird ghost person are in charge. I am scared of the weird ghost person, he does not seem properly alive or dead. Try not to go near him, he is creepy!!!

I think Kurshkin did some attack at a ceremony before, and I have not seen her since.

Urbel is ..." She points to the southeast. "That way, I think, but you cannot get there directly, have to go around. He has been trying to train a giant fly to serve as a mount, but it has not been going so well. That whole room smells like rotten meat.

The ghostly person is behind some secret doors to the south, and it is a good thing too. Would not want to get there by accident!!!"

She looks terrified and shivers.

ooc

Sorry for the bold, copy paste is being weird.

Rooms

The wooden wall panels in this long, low room have been broken apart in four places to reveal narrow passages burrowed into the stone. The railing which spans the walls and the low rail in the middle hint that this room once served as a dance studio. Several desks have been relocated here with a few books and papers; more papers nailed to the wood near each entrance feature hastily sketched maps.

C2. Wet Hollow
Both of the southwestern tunnels from area C1 descend steeply into this room, as does the tunnel from area C3. The room has several puddles of murky, standing water. Some type of crustacean is mostly submerged in one of the puddles; most of the creature’s head is missing.

The dead vexgit wears a silver ring worth 40 gp as a bracelet. The heroes find it automatically if they remove the creature’s corpse from the puddle.

C3. Massive Mushroom
This large, irregular cavern has moisture dripping down the walls and a narrow tunnel leading up to the north. A large, blue, glowing mushroom faintly illuminates the space.

It’s roughly the size and width of a dwarf. The mushroom has plainly been gnawed at a bit.

DC 15 Nature check knows that it isn’t harmful; on a critical success, the hero realizes that eating it will aid primal spellcasters.

The mushroom bears a strange enchantment that interacts with those capable of casting primal spells. Anyone eating a piece of the mushroom is imbued with restorative magic. For the next hour, when the imbiber casts a non-cantrip primal spell that targets only one creature, they can choose to restore 1d6 Hit Points per spell level to the target in addition to the spell’s normal effects; this is a healing effect. A creature can only gain this benefit from the mushroom once per day.

C8

"Oh it's murder, is it? Thank you for the warning. Now ho down that passage to the Spire and wait until we've dealt with this Urbel. We'll come get you. I know a shop where we could get you an excellent delouser.." Armenga then gathers with the others, "I think we need to bring teacher Ot to her. But first, do we seek out these would-be murderers? Urbel, then this ghostly one?"

She's ready to continue on with finding a way to the southeast.

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Exploration Activity:

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment
-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Scroll Thaum

-Steeped in History

-Talisman Esoterica

-Toughness

Gear

Worn

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-School Robes

-Bracelet of Dashing

-Breastplate

Weapons

-Dagger

-Whip

-Leiomano

-+1 War Razor

Containers

Backpack

-Extendable Pincers

-Feather Token (Chest)

-Feather Token (Ladder)

-Grappling Hook

-Net

-Repair Kit

-Rope, 50'

-2x Sacks

-Soap

-2x Torches

-Waterskin

-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch

-Antidote

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-3x Oil Pints

-Signal Whistle

-Silver Ring (40gp)

-2x Empty Vials

-1gp, 10sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll

-Crafter's Book

-2x Rations (1w)

-3x Sacks

-3x Torches

Zyrel (Ekujae Rogue)spacer.png

AC: 20 | HP: 27/27 | Perception: +9 (Initiative +2) | F: 4 R: 11 W: 9 | Conditions: none| Class DC:19| Spell DC: 18  | Sheet

"I'm personally curious exactly who in our dormitory they want to kill and why." Zyrel glares at Binji for a second, but then turns away, she did translate the note for them after all. "Guess we'll just have to go ask them. Nicely." His grin is anything but nice as he turns to leave the chamber.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Bow
Off Hand: Empty

Potential Reaction:

Spells

Cantrips Prepared: Acid Splash, Scatter Scree, Shield, Message, Mage Hand, Gouging Claw

Cantrips Known: Scatter Scree, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation, Read Aura, Daze, Gouging Claw, Mage Hand, Ghost Sounds, Shield

SPELLS

Nods at Zyrel's comment. "Then let us go ask them. Shall we go talk to this, Urbel that that one mentioned?" She continued thumbing towards Binji.

Auriflamma spoke up. "Caution is advised if all we know about our adversary came from Binji."

Firea nodded in agreeance to Auriflamma's comment.

IqxtYSd.jpgJoseph Curwen Human Arcanist 3 | Neutral | Application | Sheet
checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 29/29 sprint.svg Perception: +8 | awareness.svg Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +10

Hero Points:: 1/3 |
WIZARD DC: 19 | Cantrips | Level 1 Spells: 1/2 | Level 2 Spells: 2/2 |

DRUID DC: 18 | CantripsRead Aura
Scatter Scree (Ref DC 18, 2d4 + 3 P)
|
Drain Bonded Item: L1 | L2 |
Battle Medicine (DC 15; 2d8)
Magic Items::
Scrolls
Current Effects: Light (20' Radius)

"Quite the procession of students in and out of the tunnels today. I am Joseph Curwen." Joseph quips. While something of a polyglot himself, Joseph does not know any of the languages appearing on the invasion plans. Regardless, he picks up the map and studies it. This does answer his earlier question as to just how many forgotten tunnels honeycomb the school grounds. "What a bizarre task to dedicate oneself to." He mumbles, raising an eyebrow at the remaining mite. "No chance of succeeding in... destroying the school, if that is the goal." Strange. Pointless. "The gremlins are not much of a threat, so we should see to this undead - if undead it is indeed - while we are still fresh." He suggests while he tries to translate the terran on the map.

Mischief the raven struts about in front of the newcomers (particularly the fox), giving them a good look at his shiny black feathers and his necklace of colorful beads, bells, and other shiny treasures.

Mechanics

Reaction: Recognize SpellPrerequisites: trained in Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion

Trigger: A creature within line of sight casts a spell that you don’t have prepared or in your spell repertoire, or a trap or similar object casts such a spell. You must be aware of the casting.

If you are trained in the appropriate skill for the spell’s tradition and it’s a common spell of 2nd level or lower, you automatically identify it (you still roll to attempt to get a critical success, but can’t get a worse result than success). The highest level of spell you automatically identify increases to 4 if you’re an expert, 6 if you’re a master, and 10 if you’re legendary. The GM rolls a secret Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion check, whichever corresponds to the tradition of the spell being cast. If you’re not trained in the skill, you can’t get a result better than failure.

Critical Success: You correctly recognize the spell and gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your saving throw or your AC against it.
Success: You correctly recognize the spell.
Failure: You fail to recognize the spell.
Critical Failure: You misidentify the spell as another spell entirely, of the GM’s choice.

Action 1: Society to TranslateYou attempt to decipher complicated writing or literature on an obscure topic. This usually takes 1 minute per page of text, but might take longer (typically an hour per page for decrypting ciphers or the like). The text must be in a language you can read, though the GM might allow you to attempt to decipher text written in an unfamiliar language using Society instead.

The DC is determined by the GM based on the state or complexity of the document. The GM might have you roll one check for a short text or a check for each section of a larger text.

Critical Success You understand the true meaning of the text.
Success You understand the true meaning of the text. If it was a coded document, you know the general meaning but might not have a word-for-word translation.
Failure You can’t understand the text and take a –2 circumstance penalty to further checks to decipher it.
Critical Failure You believe you understand the text on that page, but you have in fact misconstrued its message.
the Terran in the map.

Action 2: That probably won't make it, so I'll make a second roll with -2 penalty to try again. Second Attempt

Action 3:

OOC

Misc

Skills

Trained: ◆ | Expert: ◆◆ | Master: ◆◆◆ | Legendary: ◆◆◆◆

Lore +9 | Arcana +9 | Crafting +9

Intimidation +5 | Lore (Academia) +9 | Lore (Ancient History)

Lore (Library) +9 | Lore (Magaambya) ◆◆ +11 | Medicine ◆◆ +10

Nature +8 | Occultism +9 | Religion +8

Society +9

Edited by r0llcage (see edit history)
Name
Society
1d20+9 7
Second Attempt
1d20+9-2 18

Map

Armenga thanks Binji for the warning, and tells her to go wait down the passage to Spire Dormitory until they have dealt with things, then the group will come back for her.

Zyrel makes an ominous comment about finding out who they were going to target, before leaving the chamber.

Firea nods in agreement with Auriflamma about caution if they only source of information is Binji.

Joseph quips about the number of students coming and going down here, and sets to translating the Terran. Definitely to the southeast on the map, it is more prominent, and he can get the sense of Trophy Room, and Nest room. Something about the south wall in the Trophy room.

Binji gives directions before she goes. Those lead back to the bee room where Ignaci got stung, and then eastward from there, and east even more, in a somewhat southward fashion as well. However, the three bees that were spotted before are still in that area, where Ignaci got stung.

ooc

Need to get past the bees, or deal with them somehow. Binji gave directions that you need to get into area C12 to start with.

If you wish to combat, roll initiatives.

Just noting these for my convenience. Other fights I may or may not, depending.

20 Giant bee 1. HP 30. AC 18. DC 16 for exploit vulnerability. Fort 9, Ref 11, Will 5. Mandibles 11, 1d6+4 piercing. Stinger 11, deadly d8, 1d6+4 piercing.

20 Giant bee 2. HP 30. AC 18. DC 16 for exploit vulnerability. Fort 9, Ref 11, Will 5.

20 Giant bee 3. HP 30. AC 18. DC 16 for exploit vulnerability. Fort 9, Ref 11, Will 5.

rooms

Rooms

C2. Wet Hollow

C3. Massive Mushroom

C8

Name
initiatives for the 3 bees, if later needed. This plus next two rolls, then averaged.
1d20+9 17
roll
1d20+9 11
roll
1d20+9 7

"More bees to the east? I know back in our village beekeepers used smoke to calm them. But they were, eh, a bit smaller. Think that would work here?" Armenga glances toward Firea, clearly the most obvious potential source of smoke here.

Once any preparations are made, she proceeds down the cave in that direction, using her mirror to look around corners and holding her razor in her other hand.

OOC/Actions

Other: I'll go ahead and roll initiative

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Exploration Activity:

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment
-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Scroll Thaum

-Steeped in History

-Talisman Esoterica

-Toughness

Gear

Worn

-Backpack

-Belt Pouch

-School Robes

-Bracelet of Dashing

-Breastplate

Weapons

-Dagger

-Whip

-Leiomano

-+1 War Razor

Containers

Backpack

-Extendable Pincers

-Feather Token (Chest)

-Feather Token (Ladder)

-Grappling Hook

-Net

-Repair Kit

-Rope, 50'

-2x Sacks

-Soap

-2x Torches

-Waterskin

-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch

-Antidote

-10x Chalk

-Flint and Steel

-3x Oil Pints

-Signal Whistle

-Silver Ring (40gp)

-2x Empty Vials

-1gp, 10sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll

-Crafter's Book

-2x Rations (1w)

-3x Sacks

-3x Torches

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Init - Perception
1d20+7 5

IqxtYSd.jpgJoseph Curwen Human Arcanist 3 | Neutral | Application | Sheet
checked-shield.svgAC: 16 | health-normal.svg HP: 29/29 sprint.svg Perception: +8 | awareness.svg Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +10

Hero Points:: 1/3 |
WIZARD DC: 19 | Cantrips | Level 1 Spells: 1/2 | Level 2 Spells: 2/2 |

DRUID DC: 18 | CantripsRead Aura
Scatter Scree (Ref DC 18, 2d4 + 3 P)
|
Drain Bonded Item: L1 | L2 |
Battle Medicine (DC 15; 2d8)
Magic Items::
Scrolls
Current Effects: Light (20' Radius)

"Bees are a key member of the ecosystem, though I am unsure if giant bees are as helpful as their smaller kin, so I would rather not destroy them. Bees are usually docile unless disturbed. Mayhap we can travel through the swarm if we only remain calm." Once everyone is assembled and ready, Joseph slowly approaches one of the patrolling bees, softly speaking to it in druidic.

Mischief hops alongside the wizard, humming in a way that rather accurately mimics the buzzing of the bees.

Mechanics

Reaction: Recognize SpellPrerequisites: trained in Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion

Trigger: A creature within line of sight casts a spell that you don’t have prepared or in your spell repertoire, or a trap or similar object casts such a spell. You must be aware of the casting.

If you are trained in the appropriate skill for the spell’s tradition and it’s a common spell of 2nd level or lower, you automatically identify it (you still roll to attempt to get a critical success, but can’t get a worse result than success). The highest level of spell you automatically identify increases to 4 if you’re an expert, 6 if you’re a master, and 10 if you’re legendary. The GM rolls a secret Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion check, whichever corresponds to the tradition of the spell being cast. If you’re not trained in the skill, you can’t get a result better than failure.

Critical Success: You correctly recognize the spell and gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your saving throw or your AC against it.
Success: You correctly recognize the spell.
Failure: You fail to recognize the spell.
Critical Failure: You misidentify the spell as another spell entirely, of the GM’s choice.

Action 1: Nature vs bees Will DC to Handle AnimalYou issue an order to an animal. Attempt a Nature check against the animal's Will DC. The GM might adjust the DC if the animal has a good attitude toward you, you suggest a course of action it was predisposed toward, or you offer it a treat.

You automatically fail if the animal is hostile or unfriendly to you. If the animal is helpful to you, increase your degree of success by one step. You might be able to Command an Animal more easily with a feat like Ride.

Most animals know the Drop Prone, Leap, Seek, Stand, Stride, and Strike basic actions. If an animal knows an activity, such as a horse's Gallop, you can Command the Animal to perform the activity, but you must spend as many actions on Command an Animal as the activity's number of actions. You can also spend multiple actions to Command the Animal to perform that number of basic actions on its next turn; for instance, you could spend 3 actions to Command an Animal to Stride three times or to Stride twice and then Strike.

Success The animal does as you command on its next turn.
Failure The animal is hesitant or resistant, and it does nothing.
Critical Failure The animal misbehaves or misunderstands, and it takes some other action determined by the GM.

Action 2:

Action 3:

OOC

To save time, I'll make some Nature rolls vs the bees, but if anyone has other ideas, I'm open to them. I guess if it works we're heading towards C12?

Misc

Skills

Trained: ◆ | Expert: ◆◆ | Master: ◆◆◆ | Legendary: ◆◆◆◆

Lore +9 | Arcana +9 | Crafting +9

Intimidation +5 | Lore (Academia) +9 | Lore (Ancient History)

Lore (Library) +9 | Lore (Magaambya) ◆◆ +11 | Medicine ◆◆ +10

Nature +8 | Occultism +9 | Religion +8

Society +9

Edited by r0llcage (see edit history)
Name
Nature
1d20+8 16

Auriflamma puff's a small flame at Mischief when the bird struts in front of him.

Firea simply lifted a brow at the actions of the two animals.

Finally Firea considered Armenga's comment a moment, then nodded. "It could be worth an attempt. I do have a spell that allows me to belch forth smoke within twenty feet of me. It would require Auriflamma to use his firebolt on me to use it though as I would have to eat fire." She continued.

Auriflamma spoke up. "This again? You know I do not like using that on you Firea."

Firea nodded at Auriflamma's comment. "It does me no harm Auriflamma you know that. And if it helps prevent a fight here, why not use it."

Spells

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Reaction: Eat Fire if fire used against me, or Entity's Resurgence if reduced to 0HP or lower.

Exploration Activity: