Group B chapter 3 Stone Cast Shadows continued from OGMW

LDDragon

Zyrel (Ekujae Rogue)spacer.png

AC: 20 | HP: 19/27 | Perception: +9 (Initiative +2) | F: 4 R: 11 W: 9 | Conditions: none| Class DC:19| Spell DC: 18  | Sheet

"Long enough to answer questions anyhow." Zyrel has some knowledge of healing arts, but no real experience or training with using them in a fight or any great rush so he simply stands back and watches.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Bow
Off Hand: Empty

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Potential Reaction: Nimble Dodge first attack.

Spells

Cantrips Prepared: Acid Splash, Scatter Scree, Shield, Message, Mage Hand, Gouging Claw

Cantrips Known: Scatter Scree, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation, Read Aura, Daze, Gouging Claw, Mage Hand, Ghost Sounds, Shield

Urbel is first stabilized, then revived by Joseph's ministrations.

Upon awakening, he looks around him cautiously, then with narrowed eyes, and checks his wounds, before grunting something in Undercommon. He eyes his pick that has been taken from him.

In Undercommon

"Well, that's new. What do you want?"

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

uc?export=download&id=1dRpitT3CcasYF2DNUtVf9NtjWbs0fRXE

Armenga Olulo - Thaumaturge 3

HP: 9/38 | AC: 20 | Speed: 40ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spells: 0

Perception: +7 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +7

Consumables | Spells | Skills | School | Conditions: +10' Speed 0:54

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment
-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Scroll Thaum

-Steeped in History

-Talisman Esoterica

-Toughness

Having no idea what the creature says, Armenga tightens her grip on the net and brandishes her where he can see it. She glares menacingly and asks, "Why are you and your kind trying to kill us?"

She puts on a brave, (well rather fierce and a bit grumpy if we're being honest) face, but she's a bit worried this whole exercise will be fruitless if they can't communicate. She tries the same thing again in SylvanApparently now called Fey in the remaster. She also takes a second to look over his clothing and gear to see if there's anything that sticks out as possibly magical or particularly valuable. Of course, she realizes a simple spell of Detect magic would probably be more useful than trying to see what a squirming gremlin in a net is carrying in its pocketses.

Mechanics/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1: Recover Razor

Action 2: Intimidate

Action 3: Perception

Reaction: Recognize Spell

Exploration Activity: Scout

Gear

Worn

-Backpack: Ignore first 2 Bulk of contents
-Belt Pouch
-School Robes
-Bracelet of Dashing
-Breastplate: +4AC/+1Dex

Weapons

-Dagger: +9| 1d4+5P/S | Agile | Finesse | Thrown 10'
-Whip: +9 | 1d4+5S | Reach 10' | Disarm | Trip | Nonlethal | Finesse
-Leiomano: +9 | 1d6+5B/S | Deadly D10
-+1 War Razor: +9 | 1d4+6S | Backstabber | Deadly D8 | Agile

Containers

Backpack
-Extendable Pincers: Pick up objects up to 10' away
-Feather Token (Chest)
-Feather Token (Ladder)
-Grappling Hook
-Net
-Repair Kit
-Rope, 50'
-2x Sacks
-Soap
-2x Torches
-Waterskin
-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch
-Antidote
-10x Chalk
-2x Healing Potion, minor
-Flint and Steel
-3x Oil Pints
-Signal Whistle
-Silver Ring (40gp) (Party Loot)
-2x Empty Vials
-1gp, 10sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll
-Crafter's Book
-2x Rations (1w)
-3x Sacks
-3x Torches

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)
Name
Intimidate
1d20+11 7
Perception
1d20+7 5

Armenga looks over his equipment. It strikes her that the pick is potentially magical. He also has a pouch of four gold teeth, but apart from those, nothing of particular note.

Urbel grunts again in the same language.

In Undercommon

"I do not understand what you are saying. What is it that you want?"

AC: 20 | HP: 19/27 | Perception: +9 (Initiative +2) | F: 4 R: 11 W: 9 | Conditions: none| Class DC:19| Spell DC: 18  | Sheet

"Well that's annoying." Zyrel looks at Joseph, who seems the most likely to speak obscure languages. "Anyone getting that?" He glances around the party, then focuses on Urbel, speaking to him in Sylvan. "I thought most fae spoke this tongue, do you understand me now?

Mechanics

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Spells

Cantrips Prepared: Acid Splash, Scatter Scree, Shield, Message, Mage Hand, Gouging Claw

Cantrips Known: Scatter Scree, Acid Splash, Prestidigitation, Read Aura, Daze, Gouging Claw, Mage Hand, Ghost Sounds, Shield

jeffery-lim-kiri-kitsune.jpg.677c1d32d7214d3869a9cbe4384b5d5b.jpgFirea - Kitsune Summoner lvl 3

AC: 16 | HP: 41/41 | PER: +8 | FORT: +8 REF: +6 WILL: +8 | SPELLS/DAY: CAN: Unl 1ST: 2/2 2ND: 1/1 | HERO POINTS: 3/3 | FOCUS POINTS: 1/1

Firea tapped her chin thinking a moment then she suddenly heald a finger up! "Ah hah! I got it. I could summon a fae that understands both our language, and his."

Auriflamma covered it's snout with one of it's paws. "Not one of those thieving little guys."

"They are not so bad." Then she looked towards to the others. "Anyway I can summon a Haniver to translate. They are an aquatic Gremlin that flies as well, so they can survive out of water. They also know multiple languages, one of them, I think sounds like what he is speaking."

Spells

Innate: Daze*, (Forbidding Ward), (Ghost Sound)

NOTE: Ones in () are not active and one with * is active as per Kitsune Spell Familiarity Feat.

Focus: Boost Eidolon, Evolution Surge

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Eat Fire, Electric Arc, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Read Aura

First: Burning Hands, Summon Animal, Summon Fey

Second: Summon Elemental

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1: Summon Fey: Summon an Haniver

Action 2: Part of Action 1.

Action 3: Part of Action 1.

Reaction: Eat Fire if fire used against me, or Entity's Resurgence if reduced to 0HP or lower.

Exploration Activity:

Note: Summoned creatures get two action immediately when summoned, and when you concentrate on the spell. https://2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx?ID=1178

Myimp6i.jpg
Clankerton Ratchet (Anvil Dwarf Inventor - Armor Innovation 3)

checked-shield.svg : 19 + 2 shield | health-normal.svg : 13/40 | awareness.svg +7 | caduceus.svg :+9 body-balance.svg :+5 meditation.svg :+9 | walking-boot.svg : 20ft

Conditions: enfeebled 1, overdrive | Exploration Mode Default: Search

Clankerton held his axe threateningly over their new prisoner.

"Doit!!" he nodded at Firea. The suggestion held merit, otherwise they would need to retreat back to talk to the teachers. The dwarf didn't even stop to think about such a ridiculous proposition. There was too much exploring to do, too much learning to be had.

Too much curioisity to be sated.

OOC

Action 1:
Action 2:
Action 3:

Statblck

Clankerton Ratchet - Inventor 3

CG, Medium, Dwarf, Anvil Dwarf, Humanoid

Perception +7; Darkvision
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Orcish
Skills Acrobatics +0, Arcana +8, Athletics +10, Crafting +10, Lore: Academia +8, Lore: Local Terrain +8, Medicine +7, Nature +7, Religion +7, Society +8, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Thievery +5
Str +3, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha -1
Items Inventor Power Suit, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Thieves' Tools, Healer's Tools, Basic Crafter's Book, Repair Kit, Alchemist's Lab, Artisan's Tools, Alchemist's Tools, Bracers of Missile Deflection, Antidote (Lesser) (2), Steel Shield (Hardness 5, HP 20, BT 10)

AC 19 (+21 with shield raised); Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9
HP 40
Shield Block action_reaction.png
Bracers of Missile Deflection action_reaction.png

Speed 20 feet
Melee +1 Dwarven War Axe +9 (Dwarf, Sweep, Two-Hand d12, Uncommon, Magical), Damage 1d8+3 S
Melee Light Hammer +8 (Agile, Thrown 20 ft.), Damage 1d6+3 B
Ranged Clan Pistol +5 (Uncommon, Concussive, Dwarf, Fatal d10), Damage 1d6 P
Battle Medicine action_single.png
Explosive Leap action_single.png
Searing Restoration action_single.png
Explode action_double.png
Overdrive action_single.png
Antidote (Lesser) action_single.png
Arcane Prepared Spells DC 18, attack +8; Cantrips Time Sense, Electric Arc
Additional Feats Anvil Dwarf, Crafter's Appraisal, Dwarven Weapon Familiarity, Inventor, Magical Crafting, Specialty Crafting, Wizard Dedication
Additional Specials Arcane School, Expert Overdrive, Innovation (Armor Innovation), Peerless Inventor, Reconfigure, Wizard Archetype Arcane School (Abjuration)

Notes: From a line of famous smiths in Dongun Hold, Clankerton has been fascinating with creating things since a young age. And sometimes destroying them. Whenever he is deep in thought, or otherwise preoccupied, Clankerton will absentmindedly construct/desctrut things as he thinks. An inquisitive soul, he is always asking questions to understand how things work, or why things are the way they are. Clankerton likes to build and create as a way to help others and the communities in which he lives. He loves seeing the looks of amazement on the faces of others whenever he builds something new and wonderful. Clankerton's main flaw is that when he tries to explain something to otheres he usually ends up speaking too quickly and very few can follow and understand him. Relatively tall for a dwarf, Clankerton keeps his beard trimmed short and out of the way. One can't be too careful with getting it trapped in a new creation. He keeps his black hair thick and brushed back so his bright green eyes can see what they are doing. Often slow to respond emotionally, he nonetheless has a bright smile that comes out when he is interested in something. When concentrating Clankerton has a habit of sticking his tongue half out of his mouth. His family had tried to sponsor his entry into the Magaambya to see if learning magic can add value to the family trade. He was unfortunately refused as it was unclear what alignment modern technology had with the teachings of Old Jatembe. They switched focus into getting him into the Blythir College in Arkenstar. He was accepted but recently... expelled in suspicious and frustrating circumstances.

jeffery-lim-kiri-kitsune.jpg.677c1d32d7214d3869a9cbe4384b5d5b.jpgFirea - Kitsune Summoner lvl 3

AC: 16 | HP: 41/41 | PER: +8 | FORT: +8 REF: +6 WILL: +8 | SPELLS/DAY: CAN: Unl 1ST: 2/2 2ND: 0/1 | HERO POINTS: 3/3 | FOCUS POINTS: 1/1

Firea looked towards Clankerton a moment, then nodded. "Alright. One Haniver coming up."

Auriflamma laid his front half down and covered his snout with his paws. "Here we go."

"Auriflamma, come on." Then she looked towards to the others, and shook her head. Finally she would summon the Haniver.

When the Haniver appears she smiles to it. "Hello my friend, we need a favor from you. We need someone to translate what this one is saying for us. In return, I'll give you this." She holds up a shiny coin.

Spells

Innate: Daze*, (Forbidding Ward), (Ghost Sound)

NOTE: Ones in () are not active and one with * is active as per Kitsune Spell Familiarity Feat.

Focus: Boost Eidolon, Evolution Surge

Cantrips: Detect Magic, Eat Fire, Electric Arc, Produce Flame, Ray of Frost, Read Aura

First: Burning Hands, Summon Animal, Summon Fey

Second: Summon Elemental

OOC/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1: Summon Fey: Summon an Haniver

Action 2: Part of Action 1.

Action 3: Part of Action 1.

Reaction: Eat Fire if fire used against me, or Entity's Resurgence if reduced to 0HP or lower.

Exploration Activity:

Note: Summoned creatures get two action immediately when summoned, and when you concentrate on the spell. Also a Haniver is a -1 Level creature, so I only need to cast Summon Fey at level 1. Here is the Haniver: https://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=322

Zyrel attempts Sylvan with Urbel, but Urbel still appears to not understand him.

Undercommon

"I do not understand what you are saying."

Firea puts forward that she can summon a fey to translate.

Clankerton encourages her to act on the idea.

Firea summons a Haniver, a capricious fey who can skim the waves on rubbery fin-wings. They look curiously around. When Firea offers the coin they make grabby hands towards the coin, but do not actually take it.

"Translate? I shall do so. What do you want to say?"

He says something to Urbel in Undercommon, who grunts in response.

Haniver in Undercommon

"They want me to translate."

Urbel in Undercommon

"Finally, someone who knows a proper language. What do they want?"

HP: 9/38 | AC: 20 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spells: 0

Consumables | Spells | Skills | School | Conditions: +10' Speed 0:54

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment
-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Scroll Thaum

-Steeped in History

-Talisman Esoterica

-Toughness

Armenga pockets the gold teeth and looks over the creature's pick while Firea summons her translator.

She thinks back to what Binji told themShe points at the note in Undercommon with the hatch leading to Spire Dormitory. This says

"They Live Here. Send Urbel to kill them." she thinks for a moment.

"But I think that Urbel is still down here. Kurshkin and the weird ghost person are in charge. I am scared of the weird ghost person, he does not seem properly alive or dead. Try not to go near him, he is creepy!!!

I think Kurshkin did some attack at a ceremony before, and I have not seen her since.

Urbel is ..." She points to the southeast. "That way, I think, but you cannot get there directly, have to go around. He has been trying to train a giant fly to serve as a mount, but it has not been going so well. That whole room smells like rotten meat.

The ghostly person is behind some secret doors to the south, and it is a good thing too. Would not want to get there by accident!!!"
and asks a series of questions through the Haniver, hoping one of the others has some clever ideas.

"Hello Urbel, why are you and your kind trying to kill us?"

"What are your plans for the school, why are you attacking?"

"What did the people of this school do to you?"

"Are you fey in control of the bugs too?"

She keeps the creature's pick in hand, occasionally slapping its haft into her other hand to emphasize a question.

She finishes with, "If we let you live are you going to be a problem?" her voice full of venom and a gesture with the pick emphasizing the point.

After learning all she can from the creature, and making sure the others have asked their share of questions as well, she punches the tied-up creature again to knock it out once more. Then she ensures its tied up as securely as she knows how, then looks to the others. "We're going after this Ghost now. Is it too much risk, leaving him alive?" her voice is solemn, and its clear she doesn't take this lightly.

She notices she's still bleeding at some point and comments, "Actually, perhaps first someone could patch me up a bit. We do have some potions, if necessary."

Mechanics/Actions

Other: 

Free:

Action 1: Roll to get info on Urbel's pick

Action 2: Throw some intimidation/rolls if it helps see which questions are answered

Action 3: Extra intimidation at the end for emphasis, and a knot typing check

Gear

Worn

-Belt Pouch
-School Robes
-Bracelet of Dashing

Weapons

-War Razor: +9 | 1d4+6S | Backstabber | Deadly D8 | Agile

Containers

Backpack
-Feather Token (Chest)
-Feather Token (Ladder)
-Grappling Hook
-Net
-Repair Kit
-Rope, 50'
-2x Sacks
-Soap
-2x Torches
-Waterskin
-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch
-Antidote
-10x Chalk
-2x Healing Potion, Minor
-1x Healing Potion, Lesser
-Flint and Steel
-3x Oil Pints
-Signal Whistle
-Amber Chunk (35gp) (Party Loot)
-Gold Teeth (??gp) (Party Loot)
-2x Empty Vials
-1gp, 10sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll
-Crafter's Book
-2x Rations (1w)
-3x Sacks
-3x Torches

Name
Esoteric Knowledge on the pick
1d20+10 7
Intimidate (for each question)
30; 14; 24; 14
1d20+11;1d20+11;1d20+11;1d20+11 [19]; [19,3]; [19,3,13]; [19,3,13,3]
Intimidate, final
1d20+11 12
Knot tying skill (crafting?)
1d20+5 20

With the Haniver translating, and with Armenga having tied him securely, Urbel replies to each of the questions.

"Hello Urbel, why are you and your kind trying to kill us?"

Stone Ghost told Kurshkin to eliminate threats. Kurshkin told me to deal with it. Have not seen Kurshkin in a while, I think they went up to go ambush some students when they were having a ceremony. Never came back down.

"What are your plans for the school, why are you attacking?"

Stone ghost wants vengeance on those who wronged him all those years ago. And you do not go against Stone Ghost. He can walk through walls!

"What did the people of this school do to you?"

To me, nothing, but Stone Ghost used to be a student I think.

"Are you fey in control of the bugs too?"

Stone Ghost directs the fey and the bugs. There have been a lot of bugs recently. More so than usual. He was pretty pleased at that.

She keeps the creature's pick in hand, occasionally slapping its haft into her other hand to emphasize a question.

She finishes with, "If we let you live are you going to be a problem?" her voice full of venom and a gesture with the pick emphasizing the point.

Hmm, nah. I did not feel like going up to attack a bunch of magic users alone, so I put it off and stayed down here. If you let me go I will go my own way, unless you have other plans for me.

Once the group moves on

Once the group eventually moves on...

Three masks and three cloaks are affixed to the south wall of this claustrophobic cave, as though in mockery of people, with arms extended to the sides. All look colorful, but dirty and bloodstained. One of the masks depicts a stern antelope, another a kindly hare, and the last a smiling warthog.

C14. Gruesome Trophies
Three masks and three cloaks are affixed to the south wall of this claustrophobic cave, as though in mockery of people, with arms extended to the sides. All look colorful, but dirty and bloodstained. One of the masks depicts a stern antelope, another a kindly hare, and the last a smiling warthog.

One of the outfits—the hare mask and a bloodstained cloak in yellow and white has been affixed to a secret door, which is slightly askew on its hinges, leading southwards. DC 13 Perception check to notice it.

Anyone looking over the cloaks can attempt a DC 15 Nature or Survival check. On a success, dirt and dust on the lower half of the cloaks indicates that each wearer was somehow pulled partially into the ground before being killed.

New map

"Clever." Zyrel remarks as Firea summons a creature to translate. He says nothing else during the interrogation, their time is strictly limited by the spell and interruptions will only waste it. Once the creature has been dismissed though, he frowns and begins to speak thoughtfully. "So, nothing personal against us, most likely, but definitely a personal grudge against the school. This Stone Ghost sounds dangerous, should we press on or return with what we know?"

Mechanics

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Spells

HP: 9/38 | AC: 20 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spells: 0

Consumables | Spells | Skills | School | Conditions: None

Bonuses and Abilities

-Mirror's Reflection

-Exploit Vulnerability

-Implement's Empowerment
-Dubious Knowledge

-Diverse Lore

-Intimidating Glare

-Scroll Thaum

-Steeped in History

-Talisman Esoterica

-Toughness

Armenga listens to the translated answers and looks to the others. "Ghosts! Is this a joke? What kind of ghost is a Stone Ghost anyway?" But the information that a former student has a grudge against the school is surely useful.

She nods at Zyrel's wise question. "I think we have to go; that's what the teachers sent us here for, right? But maybe we can try not to make too much noise, and see if we're in over our heads before we dive in, eh?"

She turns to Joseph, "I seem to ask this many times, but could you heal me again? I can't go fighting any ghosts like this."

She looks to Clankerton and asks, "Can you tell what magic is in this pick? I can't make heads or tails of it. I could fight with it, unless you would like it?"

She gestures back at Urbel, "What do we do with him? Leave him tied up, and if he's here when we come back we hand him to the teachers?"

Mechanics/Actions

Other: If someone is going to Treat Wounds I'd like to spend the 10 minutes studying the pick to determine what runes it might have. If we're using a faster method of healing please ignore the rolls.

Free: Recall knowledge on anything that fits this description of a Stone Ghost

Action 1:

Action 2: 

Action 3: 

Gear

Worn

-Belt Pouch
-School Robes
-Bracelet of Dashing

Weapons

-War Razor: +9 | 1d4+6S | Backstabber | Deadly D8 | Agile
-Magic Pick: +9 | 1d6+5P | Fatal D10 |Magic?

Containers

Backpack
-Feather Token (Chest)
-Feather Token (Ladder)
-Grappling Hook
-Net
-Repair Kit
-Rope, 50'
-2x Sacks
-Soap
-2x Torches
-Waterskin
-Writing Set

Belt/Pouch
-Antidote
-10x Chalk
-2x Healing Potion, Minor
-1x Healing Potion, Lesser
-Flint and Steel
-3x Oil Pints
-Signal Whistle
-Amber Chunk (35gp) (Party Loot)
-Gold Teeth (??gp) (Party Loot)
-2x Empty Vials
-1gp, 10sp, 8cp

Dormitory

-Bedroll
-Crafter's Book
-2x Rations (1w)
-3x Sacks
-3x Torches

Name
Skill Check to ID Magic, +2 if Arcana
1d20+5 1
RK on Stone Ghost
1d20+12 16

Pick

A 6 is not great for identifying, but in case someone else wants to try and succeeds,

Pick is a +1 striking pick. Usually does 1d6 so striking means it would deal 2d6, as well as being a +1 weapon.

Pick
PFS_Standard.png

Core Rulebook pg. 281

Melee Martial

Pick

Fatal 1d10

1d6 P

Striking.

Item 4+

Evocation Magical 
Source Core Rulebook pg. 581 4.0
Usage etched onto a weapon; Bulk 

A striking rune stores destructive magic in the weapon, increasing the weapon damage dice it deals to two instead of one. For instance, a +1 striking dagger would deal 2d4 damage instead of 1d4 damage.

You can upgrade the striking rune already etched on a weapon to a stronger version, increasing the values of the existing rune to those of the new rune. You must have the formula of the stronger rune to do so, and the Price of the upgrade is the difference between the two runes’ Prices.

Stone Ghost

Having researched the history of the school, Armenga recalls that there were very few cases of people being expelled. One such, however, was a student named Uduak Basni, who had a supernatural connection with the earth.

To the professors at the academy, Uduak was an obvious candidate for the school’s education. He easily found a sponsor and was set upon his Perquisite to become a full-fledged attendant.

Yet Uduak had a selfish streak. The pull he felt toward the Magaambya quickly bred a sense of entitlement. Feeling that he was meant to be building his own skills at the academy, he felt resentful about the community service he felt was being forced upon him. He performed his tasks with little effort and little concern for the people he was supposedly helping. Cracks began to form in his mild demeanor, and he increasingly drew reprimands for acts of carelessness or petty cruelty. Everything came to a head when his cohort was tasked with removing a group of pugwampi gremlins that had started causing mischief within the academy walls. Ignoring the spirited discussions of his fellow initiates, Uduak used his magic to slaughter the gremlins like vermin.

The aftermath saw Uduak expelled from the school. It was the last straw in a long series of misdeeds, but the young man fixated on this one event, enraged that the school would rob him of his future over defending himself and his classmates from a group of mere pests. In his anger, he lashed out violently at the school and the teachers. His magic bounced off the ancient wards of the Magaambya like a pebble off a cliff, and the professors temporarily confined Uduak until the administration could decide what to do with him. Left to stew in his own resentment, Uduak ignored his guard’s warning, drew on all of his strength, and attempted to shatter the spells that kept him imprisoned within his room.

Under predictable circumstances, Uduak’s magic would have splashed futilely against the Magaambya’s wards once more, leaving his efforts entirely impotent. Yet magic is never entirely predictable—or perhaps the murdered pugwampis got one last scrap of revenge. In an incredibly unlikely reaction, the Magaambya’s wards rebounded onto Uduak with the full force of their power. So far as any teacher at the school could tell, this reaction evaporated Uduak on the spot.

This may or may not be the same person, but it seems to be the most likely candidate, from what Armenga recalls of the history of the school.

Myimp6i.jpg
Clankerton Ratchet (Anvil Dwarf Inventor - Armor Innovation 3)

checked-shield.svg : 19 + 2 shield | health-normal.svg : 37/40 awareness.svg +7 | caduceus.svg :+9 body-balance.svg :+5 meditation.svg :+9 | walking-boot.svg : 20ft

Conditions: enfeebled 1, overdrive | Exploration Mode Default: Search

Clankerton watched the multiple way onversation with fascination. So much hate towards this amazing place of learning perplexed the dwarf. He grunted and nodded with satisfaction when the fiesty Armenga put the creature to sleep with a firm blow to the head.

He took the pick in his hands and gave it a few swings and then studied the runes etched on it with interest.

"Goodpick!" he said to Armenga as he passed it back with an apologetic shrug. "Notsurewhatitdoes. Tryit!"

The dwarf got out his tools and tinkered with both his suit and his many wounds. To

When they moved on and found the curious masks and cloaks he studied them curiously. Spotting a slight crack in the stone he moved in closer and pulled a cloak aside.

"SecretDoor!" he whispered to friends.

When they were ready the dwarf led the way through the door.

OOC

spend an hour on the treat wounds to get 14hp back.

Action 1:
Action 2:
Action 3:

Statblck

Clankerton Ratchet - Inventor 3

CG, Medium, Dwarf, Anvil Dwarf, Humanoid

Perception +7; Darkvision
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Orcish
Skills Acrobatics +0, Arcana +8, Athletics +10, Crafting +10, Lore: Academia +8, Lore: Local Terrain +8, Medicine +7, Nature +7, Religion +7, Society +8, Stealth +5, Survival +7, Thievery +5
Str +3, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +3, Wis +2, Cha -1
Items Inventor Power Suit, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Thieves' Tools, Healer's Tools, Basic Crafter's Book, Repair Kit, Alchemist's Lab, Artisan's Tools, Alchemist's Tools, Bracers of Missile Deflection, Antidote (Lesser) (2), Steel Shield (Hardness 5, HP 20, BT 10)

AC 19 (+21 with shield raised); Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9
HP 40
Shield Block action_reaction.png
Bracers of Missile Deflection action_reaction.png

Speed 20 feet
Melee +1 Dwarven War Axe +9 (Dwarf, Sweep, Two-Hand d12, Uncommon, Magical), Damage 1d8+3 S
Melee Light Hammer +8 (Agile, Thrown 20 ft.), Damage 1d6+3 B
Ranged Clan Pistol +5 (Uncommon, Concussive, Dwarf, Fatal d10), Damage 1d6 P
Battle Medicine action_single.png
Explosive Leap action_single.png
Searing Restoration action_single.png
Explode action_double.png
Overdrive action_single.png
Antidote (Lesser) action_single.png
Arcane Prepared Spells DC 18, attack +8; Cantrips Time Sense, Electric Arc
Additional Feats Anvil Dwarf, Crafter's Appraisal, Dwarven Weapon Familiarity, Inventor, Magical Crafting, Specialty Crafting, Wizard Dedication
Additional Specials Arcane School, Expert Overdrive, Innovation (Armor Innovation), Peerless Inventor, Reconfigure, Wizard Archetype Arcane School (Abjuration)

Notes: From a line of famous smiths in Dongun Hold, Clankerton has been fascinating with creating things since a young age. And sometimes destroying them. Whenever he is deep in thought, or otherwise preoccupied, Clankerton will absentmindedly construct/desctrut things as he thinks. An inquisitive soul, he is always asking questions to understand how things work, or why things are the way they are. Clankerton likes to build and create as a way to help others and the communities in which he lives. He loves seeing the looks of amazement on the faces of others whenever he builds something new and wonderful. Clankerton's main flaw is that when he tries to explain something to otheres he usually ends up speaking too quickly and very few can follow and understand him. Relatively tall for a dwarf, Clankerton keeps his beard trimmed short and out of the way. One can't be too careful with getting it trapped in a new creation. He keeps his black hair thick and brushed back so his bright green eyes can see what they are doing. Often slow to respond emotionally, he nonetheless has a bright smile that comes out when he is interested in something. When concentrating Clankerton has a habit of sticking his tongue half out of his mouth. His family had tried to sponsor his entry into the Magaambya to see if learning magic can add value to the family trade. He was unfortunately refused as it was unclear what alignment modern technology had with the teachings of Old Jatembe. They switched focus into getting him into the Blythir College in Arkenstar. He was accepted but recently... expelled in suspicious and frustrating circumstances.

Edited by allefgib (see edit history)
Name
arcana to identify pick, DC19
1d20+8 2
perception to spot secret door, DC13
1d20+7 12
nature or survival looking at cloaks, DC15
1d20+7 1
medince to treat wounds
1d20+7 8
hp healed
2d8 6,1