OOC Chat Chapter One - Blood on the Crown

bwatford

16 minutes ago, bwatford said:

@BobtheWizard not able to use the shield spell in the surprise round, and it would not be enough AC boost to avoid the bite (22) in round 1.

If she's not surprised and can use a different reaction, let me know.

Also, in your bookkeeping, Egg and Kythera are still mixed up some. Here's what I think they should look like.

EGG

Hit Points: 38/38 (ADVSAVTYPE: charmed; IMMUNITIES: magic sleep)
Hit Dice: 5/5

Channel Divinity: 1/1 *S/L
Channel Divinity (AotD): 1/1 *L
Eyes of the Night: 1/1 *L
Spell Slots (+8, DC 16) *L

• 1st Level: 3/4
  • 2nd Level: 3/3
  • 3rd Level: 2/2

DM Inspiration: 1/1

KYTHERA SYRAS

Hit Points: 29/29
Hit Dice: 5/5

Arcane Recovery: 1/1 *L
Cloak of Darkness: 1/1 *S/L
Shadow Shield: 1/1 *S/L

Dissonant Whispers 1/1 L

Misty Step 1/1 L

Spell Slots Cleric (+4, DC 12), Wizard (+8, DC 16) *L

• 1st Level: 4/4
  • 2nd Level: 3/3
  • 3rd Level: 2/2

DM Inspiration: 1/1

7 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

If she's not surprised and can use a different reaction, let me know.

She can use a reaction when she was bitten, just did not do shield as it would not have helped.

Also, any possible reactions and their triggers should be listed in your mechanics spoiler.

You also need to make a concentration check for the silent image. I forgot to do it.

And thanks on the reminder to fix the bookkeeping.

But of course. Egg would be a poor Cleric to not try to prioritize the wounded and isolated party member first.

It does make me consider whether I need to get Cure Wounds in his prepared spells as though Healing Word is a lot more versatile, d4's don't provide too much.

Just now, saithor said:

@Draidden You have Bless on you from Yaldiled so you could add a d4 to those attack rolls.

I know, but I think the 10 is too low sot hat even the +4 would not make it hit. And the 26 is high enough that it doesn't need the help, so I saved the 1d4 for another time.

Now we just need to see if it avoided the Sacred Flame. That will determine if it takes 13 or 21 damage from the one hit.

2 hours ago, Draidden said:

I know, but I think the 10 is too low sot hat even the +4 would not make it hit. And the 26 is high enough that it doesn't need the help, so I saved the 1d4 for another time.

Now we just need to see if it avoided the Sacred Flame. That will determine if it takes 13 or 21 damage from the one hit.

Bless is on every roll, so you might as well add it to the 10

11 hours ago, BobtheWizard said:

Bless is on every roll, so you might as well add it to the 10

Ahh. See that was my misunderstanding. I thought I was given one d4 that I could use and then it was gone. I will go back and add them.

4 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

Hope everything is all right with @Algiedi. Saw they've been away from the site for over a week and last post was a couple weeks ago.

As long as they have been since last post, I will DMPC them if they do not post by the end of today.