Enoch's Career

evedgebah

44 Relationship. The character becomes involved in a new romantic relationship. Gain an Ally.

51 Relationship. You start a romantic liaison with a married individual. Throw bluff 12+ to remain undiscovered, or else gain the cuckolded spouse as an Enemy.

Can I use one of my Contact or something to help get the last Mechanic Promotion to Rank 6? Starship Designer would be nice and +1 SOC too.

I also had a +4 Adv mod that I didn't need to use at all, as well as 2 +1 to rolls left, so that would get me there.

EDIT: Is there any reason to take the setting specific Heal or Engineering skills?

EDIT2: What is "High Passage" ? What Vehicle does Engineering grant?

EDIT3: For Engineering Benefits, I rolled High Passage x4 and TAS Membership x3, do these stack? Or should I re-roll if I already gained one?

Edited by evedgebah (see edit history)

High Passage is 1 use of the gate teleport system that gets you around the world instantly.

TAS is only rolled one, rest is 2 ship shares which 1 m credit to put toward a ship purchase.

if you don't use a bonus you lose it.

There is no way a contact can get you a promotion it's all in the dice.

Also remember if have O5 get a +1 on all mustering out rolls IF want or need it.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

4 hours ago, evedgebah said:

Does Enoch start at Rank 3 for all his careers because of the O3 designation?

no, he starts at a first career that has Officers each career has its own ranks which is why I said take one that has officers. So your engineer you have to get commission to get to officer rank. You won't get anywhere near O6 for starship design, that is for engines that spend most of their time in that career like Zora.

Edited by wrathgon (see edit history)

I believe Enoch auto-passes the Commission check for all three, so he would start at O3 then after all?

I'm a little confused about this since otherwise, what's the benefit of being O3 after graduating?