503-B OOC

ArcaneStomper

It is a cybersuit on his sheet, I just got the names mixed up because they're pretty close.

And I should have been clearer since I renamed them to be more thematically appropriate for an Ancient Greek: he has a Force Glave and Force Shield as his main weapons (Force Dory and Force Aspis on the sheet), with a Force Blade as a backup (Force Xiphos on the sheet)

Yeah, an updated sheet would help a bit. For example, I don't see the 9 pts for the Ally.

And your dory and xiphos are still showing the 'free' +3 to skill.

I think there is a difference between what a couple of engineers with access and permission can do to the suit and what an enemy on the battlefield can. Unless you are saying that the enemy would have access and permission, which means you're already toast. Jordan is not 'hacking' the suit.

Having an enemy exploit the microgrenade option would first require that they know that it is there. I am betting it is not standard equipment. As it can sit passive until the 'explode' signal is sent, I don't think anything short of a calm (out of battle) physical inspection could reveal it.

There is some merit to the "reverse the servos" idea. Slow him down so he can't close with anyone until he regains his sanity. (ST 4, Move 1) Since the DR of the suit is too high for us to hurt him, we would have to be able to get away from him.

Should be accurate now.

And while I admit that it wouldn't necessarily be easy for an enemy to use the same disabling tricks that the party comes up with, we are playing Infinite Worlds. We can run into literally anything out there. The reverse bonuses option is the one I like the best if it's good with Arc: solves your worries, makes thematic sense with how the cybersuit is described to work, and it doesn't leave Euklides entirely helpless.

The cybersuit already has variable strength settings. It shouldn't be that hard to set it to be restrictive. However it is TL11 so unless Epicurus helps it would be a little tricky for Jordan and Tamzin to program that.

13 hours ago, ArcaneStomper said:

The cybersuit already has variable strength settings. It shouldn't be that hard to set it to be restrictive. However it is TL11 so unless Epicurus helps it would be a little tricky for Jordan and Tamzin to program that.

Looks like Jordan and Tamzin would be at -5 to their skills for working on something TL+1.

Well, since Wolfe is advocating to disobey orders, I'd like to see an Engineering-type roll from Jordan to give Jack what he asked for.

then we can reconvene and head out.