OOC - The old thread (LOCKED)

DangerBoy

[floatleft][IMG2=100]https://www.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109621&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1687043124[/IMG2][/floatleft] [sb=173283;sp][/sb]
attachment.php?attachmentid=109621&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1687043124
[sb=173283;sp][/sb]

CS BB-Code needs fixing...

[floatleft][IMG2=100]https://og.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109621&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1687043124[/IMG2][/floatleft] [sb=173283;sp][/sb]
[sb=173283;sp][/sb]

Edit: Better, but I need to use another template...

New one:

[table=2,1] [r=1,1][IMG2=150]https://og.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109621&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1687043124[/IMG2] [r=2,1][fieldset=Edmund de Vries][B][URL="https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=173283"]Edmund de Vries[/URL][/B] [b]HP:[/b] 124/125 -[b] AC: [/b] 30 (19) [25] [b]Conditions:[/b] Hero Points: 0 [/fieldset][/table]
Edmund de Vries
Edmund de Vries HP: 124/125 - AC: 30 (19) [25] Conditions: Hero Points: 0
[table=2,1] [r=1,1][IMG2=150]https://og.myth-weavers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109823&d=1691430377[/IMG2] [r=2,1][fieldset=Edmund de Vries][B][URL="https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=173283"]Edmund de Vries[/URL][/B] [b]HP:[/b] 124/125 -[b] AC: [/b] 30 (19) [25] [b]Conditions:[/b] Hero Points: 0 [/fieldset][/table]
attachment.php?attachmentid=109823&d=1691430377
Edmund de Vries
Edmund de Vries HP: 124/125 - AC: 30 (19) [25] Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

Awesome! Let's say Edmund traded in his old Mithril Armoured Coat for store credit or something. 😁

But yeah, that +1 to AC is a welcome bonus... 🙂

Edit: And rebuy those 2 x Antitoxin potions...

@Dangerboy
@Dangerboy

Edit2: So Edmund has a little less then 160.000,- GP worth of bling on his CS, this chart says we ought to clock in at about 315 grand at level 16. So we better up those plusses on our Big Six items. 😬

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

You guys are joking, right?

To date it has been my job to post what you find.

It has been your job to tell me what you keep and what you sell. Once you determine what you want to sell then someone (and it has been me) figures out how much you get. I have spent a lot of time copying and pasting treasures from clunky .pdfs to give you an accurate picture of what you've found and then substituted out useful items for those that aren't helpful.

Clearly this system is not working. I'm not spending any more time on this.

GM ruling: forget the treasure list. From here on out you won't find any treasure, you'll just get gold. WBL guideline for level 16 is 315,000. Put 315,000 worth of gold and stuff on your character sheet and call it a day.

Previous discussions

Hide this

[Post 1748]
Author : DangerBoy
Date : Jun 19 '20 10:05am

With that search check, Edmund can indeed find traces of what looks like it was Thurmvax's pedestal but there is no trace of the elemental anywhere. Aranaias knows from his studies that if the elemental was killed (and it was unlikely to have survived a direct hit from the dragon's attack), it would've turned to dust and would've been impossible to find.

As far as the paste goes, I'm of the opinion that if it's not on your character sheet you don't have it so in this case it likely traveled with Verona. Along those lines, my general philosophy is that one of the great joys of playing these games is finding Or, 'phat lewt' if that's how you roll as a reward for your hard work. One of the great downsides of playing these games is the administrative burden of managing said treasure, splitting it up, hauling it around, and ultimately unloading it with a merchant using mechanics that apparently defy everything that I know about economics. Make sure that after I post an updated treasure list that you divvy it up.

[Post 3989]
Date : Dec 3 '22 5:33am

Here are my calculations regarding Mar'Kar's treasure:
34,500 3 - +2 Full Plate (11,500 each)
 3,060  3 - +1 Heavy Shield (1,020 each)
33,150 3 -  +1 Unholy Greatswords (11,050 each)
 2,000       Black Pearl
 3,000       Necklace
 6,000  3 - Paintings (2,000 each)
81,710 Total Loot /2 (for resell) equals 40,855 divided by four adventurers equals 10,213 GP each
Also, from the Wormtouched Cache:
   800 Gold Armband
 1,200 Studded Choker
58,050 +4 Unholy Greatsword
60,080 Total /2 (for resell) equals 30,040
 4,400 GP
 1,800 in PP
36,240 Total /4 adventurers equals 9,060 GP each

19,273 GP to each adventurer from Kuluth Mar

Please check my math!
Masterwork full plate armor costs 1,300  (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/armor/full-plate/)
A +2 armor enchantment costs 4,000 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/)
So to buy a new set of +2 full plate armor is 5,300 and you sell things at half their value or 2,650.

A +1 unholy greatsword would be worth 9,325 when sold (+1 bonus plus the unholy enchantment worth +2 makes it equivalent to a +3 weapon which costs 18,000 and a masterwork greatsword costs 650, so the value is 18,650 selling for half) not 11,050.

I put together a spreadsheet so tell me definitively what you're selling and what you're keeping and I'll tell you how much you get. It took me an hour to look everything up so this is the last time I'm doing this. It's imperative that as a group you figure out what to keep and what to sell and then figure it out. Thanks Omegang for taking the first stab at this. If you can't come to consensus I'll just assume you sell nothing.

If you sell everything that is listed (which means you keep the jade dragon, the ring of force shield, the robe of resistance, the two rods, the page of spell knowledge, the pigments, and the wishlist items) your total haul is gold is 87,404 or 21,851 apiece.

For this adventure, excluding the Rod of Seven Parts (which the game designers basically value at priceless), your total Wealth by Level increased by 101,345 each while the guidance for WBL increase from 13 to 14 is 45,000. This is totally on me because I didn't bother doing the math up front when I swapped out lame loot for things that you'll actually use. The next chapter is pretty light in loot though so by the time you're 15th level you should be mostly caught up (although you will get some things and the increase from 14 to 15 is 65,000 so you'll still be over).

[Post 5304]
Date : Aug 3 '23 10:02am

Also, as a reminder, unless someone explicitly tells me that you're selling something I'm assuming that you've squirreled away all of the items you've found in various bags of holding and such. If I weren't so lazy I'd sit down and calculate the weight that you're carrying around. I'm pretty sure you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the limits of what your bags can carry.

I wonder if there's some software I could get from Bethesda. Their games seem to be heavily focused on inventory management and picking up everything that's not nailed down.

52 minutes ago, DangerBoy said:

You guys are joking, right?

To date it has been my job to post what you find.

It has been your job to tell me what you keep and what you sell. Once you determine what you want to sell then someone (and it has been me) figures out how much you get. I have spent a lot of time copying and pasting treasures from clunky .pdfs to give you an accurate picture of what you've found and then substituted out useful items for those that aren't helpful.

Clearly this system is not working. I'm not spending any more time on this.

GM ruling: forget the treasure list. From here on out you won't find any treasure, you'll just get gold. WBL guideline for level 16 is 315,000. Put 315,000 worth of gold and stuff on your character sheet and call it a day.

Previous discussions

Hide this

[Post 1748]
Date : Jun 19 '20 10:05am

With that search check, Edmund can indeed find traces of what looks like it was Thurmvax's pedestal but there is no trace of the elemental anywhere. Aranaias knows from his studies that if the elemental was killed (and it was unlikely to have survived a direct hit from the dragon's attack), it would've turned to dust and would've been impossible to find.

As far as the paste goes, I'm of the opinion that if it's not on your character sheet you don't have it so in this case it likely traveled with Verona. Along those lines, my general philosophy is that one of the great joys of playing these games is finding Or, 'phat lewt' if that's how you roll as a reward for your hard work. One of the great downsides of playing these games is the administrative burden of managing said treasure, splitting it up, hauling it around, and ultimately unloading it with a merchant using mechanics that apparently defy everything that I know about economics. Make sure that after I post an updated treasure list that you divvy it up.

[Post 3989]
Date : Dec 3 '22 5:33am

Here are my calculations regarding Mar'Kar's treasure:
34,500 3 - +2 Full Plate (11,500 each)
 3,060  3 - +1 Heavy Shield (1,020 each)
33,150 3 -  +1 Unholy Greatswords (11,050 each)
 2,000       Black Pearl
 3,000       Necklace
 6,000  3 - Paintings (2,000 each)
81,710 Total Loot /2 (for resell) equals 40,855 divided by four adventurers equals 10,213 GP each
Also, from the Wormtouched Cache:
   800 Gold Armband
 1,200 Studded Choker
58,050 +4 Unholy Greatsword
60,080 Total /2 (for resell) equals 30,040
 4,400 GP
 1,800 in PP
36,240 Total /4 adventurers equals 9,060 GP each

19,273 GP to each adventurer from Kuluth Mar

Please check my math!
Masterwork full plate armor costs 1,300  (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/armor/full-plate/)
A +2 armor enchantment costs 4,000 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/)
So to buy a new set of +2 full plate armor is 5,300 and you sell things at half their value or 2,650.

A +1 unholy greatsword would be worth 9,325 when sold (+1 bonus plus the unholy enchantment worth +2 makes it equivalent to a +3 weapon which costs 18,000 and a masterwork greatsword costs 650, so the value is 18,650 selling for half) not 11,050.

I put together a spreadsheet so tell me definitively what you're selling and what you're keeping and I'll tell you how much you get. It took me an hour to look everything up so this is the last time I'm doing this. It's imperative that as a group you figure out what to keep and what to sell and then figure it out. Thanks Omegang for taking the first stab at this. If you can't come to consensus I'll just assume you sell nothing.

If you sell everything that is listed (which means you keep the jade dragon, the ring of force shield, the robe of resistance, the two rods, the page of spell knowledge, the pigments, and the wishlist items) your total haul is gold is 87,404 or 21,851 apiece.

For this adventure, excluding the Rod of Seven Parts (which the game designers basically value at priceless), your total Wealth by Level increased by 101,345 each while the guidance for WBL increase from 13 to 14 is 45,000. This is totally on me because I didn't bother doing the math up front when I swapped out lame loot for things that you'll actually use. The next chapter is pretty light in loot though so by the time you're 15th level you should be mostly caught up (although you will get some things and the increase from 14 to 15 is 65,000 so you'll still be over).

[Post 5304]
Date : Aug 3 '23 10:02am

Also, as a reminder, unless someone explicitly tells me that you're selling something I'm assuming that you've squirreled away all of the items you've found in various bags of holding and such. If I weren't so lazy I'd sit down and calculate the weight that you're carrying around. I'm pretty sure you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the limits of what your bags can carry.

I wonder if there's some software I could get from Bethesda. Their games seem to be heavily focused on inventory management and picking up everything that's not nailed down.

Sorry for the miscommunication - my question was posed to Lycar since his post seemed to indicate he had done some calculations.

I think we need a separate thread to discuss treasure division - oftentimes (I feel) those posts get lost in all the other ooc stuff we talk about in the ooc thread, and then we forget about it.

I don't mind creating a google sheet to list down stuff we got moving forward and its value and who gets it...

Do artifacts count towards WBL? Like the rods - should we include their value in whoever is holding onto them?