Cult of Cinders OOC

Abberdaggus

Woah... even Samrod's Electric Arc was a crit because the poor Biloko rolled a nat. 1. So critical arrow, critical cantrip, and Wilder's fireball sealed in the flavour the deal.

@Abberdaggus So... we heroically managed not to slaughter everything this time around. 😇

Edit: Huh, someone likes blasting.

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

76 arrows. Huh, that is quite a lot. From the description of what Wilder's fireballs did to them, I would have figured we'd only be able to loot the archer that was not incinerated.

So, is Cirmaran going to fork over a dozen arrows or two?

@Abberdaggus Also, I just recently realised that Zaku'un gave us formulae for alchemical items. So one of us should pick up the Alchemical Crafting skill feat. Samrod could do it, but he won't advance his Craft skill past Trained in the foreseeable future.

With 76 to go around, certainly, but Cirmaran will still advocate returning to Akrivel to refit before tackling the last pillar. Also, if we wait to set out for morning, he can REALLY break the pillar here... ;)

On 4/24/2024 at 7:58 PM, Lycar said:

76 arrows. Huh, that is quite a lot. From the description of what Wilder's fireballs did to them, I would have figured we'd only be able to loot the archer that was not incinerated.

So, is Cirmaran going to fork over a dozen arrows or two?

@Abberdaggus Also, I just recently realised that Zaku'un gave us formulae for alchemical items. So one of us should pick up the Alchemical Crafting skill feat. Samrod could do it, but he won't advance his Craft skill past Trained in the foreseeable future.

Yeah - you know, four critters with a full quiver of 20 arrows each, less the few they intended to drill into Cirmaran. And no, I didn't add those to save you the trip back to Akrivel. It was hardcoded into the AP - funny coincidence that you should run across a band of archers just as you run out of arrows yourselves.

I believe the recepies were for healing potions, which are magical in nature - not alchemical. So magical crafting would be appropriate here. With those recepies you should be able to brew healing potions of any level if you like.

20 hours ago, Daryk said:

Cirmaran's Thievery is +14... am I rolling or is the biloko?

The Biloko will be rolling, if or when it tries to get lose. That would be an escape attempt against Cirmarans thievery DC = 24.

3 hours ago, Abberdaggus said:

I believe the recepies were for healing potions, which are magical in nature - not alchemical. So magical crafting would be appropriate here. With those recepies you should be able to brew healing potions of any level if you like.

According to the post "The book contains several recipes for making healing potions and elixirs: healing potions (minor, lesser and moderate versions), elixirs of life (minor and lesser), antidote (lesser and moderate) and antiplague (lesser and moderate) - the first is a magical crafting, but the latter three requires alchemical skills and tools to fashion."

So Alchemical Crafting should do for the most part. And since Boradur already has Magical Crafting (required for rune transfer), Samrod could as well dabble a bit. Unless someone else feels called (a certain Rogue maybe 😇).

I mean, I just picked 'Say that Again!' to get it out of the way, since I don't see Samrod picking up alchemy in a jungle all of a sudden. But if we have some downtime after next level, that would be a good time for him to learn it, or to have his private lessons finally pay off.

Edit: Also remember that every 10 arrows or fraction thereof constitute 1 Light Bulk.

ร—
ร—