Cult of Cinders OOC

Abberdaggus

Hmmm... tough decision there... envision once an hour to ignore difficult terrain of any kind for a round, or always ignore plant/fungi difficult terrain... Hmm... I think I should go read the character thread first... :)

Ok, I've edited in my prepared 3rd level spell. Cirmaran would have discussed this with the rest of the party, if not the NPCs (certainly NOT Pendergrast, maybe Renali). Curse of Lost Time is like a precision guided munition for pillars. It inflicts 4d6 damage (without a saving throw) against unattended objects and makes them "shoddy" and irreparable permanently (without a Remove Curse, at any rate).

For appropriate fluff, Cirmaran will credit a dream sent by Desna herself (his patron deity, who never guides him wrong, even if he doesn't proselytize).

Boots-wise, I'm leaning toward the legacy rules, at least for this current encounter. A single round of ignoring any difficult terrain regardless of type simplifies things greatly for our speedy scout. Plus, he ignores difficult forest terrain through his archetypes... ;)

20 minutes ago, Daryk said:

For appropriate fluff, Cirmaran will credit a dream sent by Desna herself (his patron deity, who never guides him wrong, even if he doesn't proselytize).

Ohhh! I like that very much!

Samrod, of course, will have to source 'his' new spells the boring way: Find someone in Akrivel to teach him/sell him a scroll.

Edit: Also, does Cirmaran have his Invisibility spell ready? We could try use the bag-over-head thing with this one maybe.

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

I think I like the recall knowledge rules. Time will tell though. Does this mean that I can make follow-up knowledge roll and ask, "what word can I say to make the bilokos run away in terror?" 😆

1 hour ago, ifreedman said:

I think I like the recall knowledge rules. Time will tell though. Does this mean that I can make follow-up knowledge roll and ask, "what word can I say to make the bilokos run away in terror?" 😆

Sure - you could. But remember that I set the DC depending on how hard the question is. It does seem like a fairly hard question to answer and a crit fail may instead reveal a word which losely translated would appear to the bilokos as “Dinner is served!” 😉

Let's go the little jump at 4E,1S from the pillar and attack it from there. Or rather, to the foliage a bit further east from that for cover & concealment.

... says the melee-adverse ranged Rogue... :orcevil:

But yeah, what's the point of ranged weapons (or mounted combat for that matter) if there is no distance to make it count. Samrod himself could mount a ride and be a decent mounted archer, or lancer for that matter.

Of course right now he is at top performance. Comes lv. 10, my decision to start him out at Str/Dex 16/16 will cost him again. Then from 15-19 he will be at full bonus again, only to be behind -1 at lv. 20. Ah well, being able to have adequate AC in nothing but Explorers Clothes or with Bracers of Armour (you know, for the runes) is totally worth it. In a pinch, he can always get some heavy armour for that extra +1 AC.

Remember that, thanks to Abberdaggus' decision to make the must-have-runes automatic, unless Cirmaran has any property runes that need transferring... Samrod still has his old Studded Armour stuffed in his backpack since when he upgraded to that Chain Shirt +1.

Or maybe he wants to wear it himself to get rid of the Chain Shirt's Noisy trait...

Nope... the leather armor only had a +1 rune, which is why I couldn't justify not wearing it (I didn't have the cash to transfer it to his Explorer's Clothing).