Cult of Cinders OOC

Abberdaggus

So it's actually really simple. When you're in edit mode, there's an Other Media button on the bottom of the post window. When you get to where ever you want to drop your image, spacer.pngjust click that button and either link to a URL or upload an attachment. And then of course, you can drag the image around, resize it, drop it in again spacer.png and make it a different size Simple enough, good luck.

Great to have an expert on the new functionality on the team, thanks 😉

Also - a small clarification: There is a single kobold (the one pictured) - the other cultist by the cabin was a charau-ka. The latter dragged Pendergrast into the mine, while the kobold (singular) went back inside the cabin. So there is no gathering of kobolds as such. The map below is not updated with tokens, but it may give you a rough idea about the scene: You are presently at the top of the map, just north of the cage (containing the Mokele-Mbembe). The kobolds cabin is the black square at the eastern side of the mine - perhaps some 300-400 ft from your current hiding spot. The black square and the fire south of the mine (bottom of the map) seems to be the main camp, where you've seen several cultists (charau-ka and boggards). Cirmaran also spotted several cultists down in the mine pit. Finally, you've discovered a nest of a demon with a bloodlust at the north-west corner of the map, though the demon does not appear to be home at the moment.

Nothing prevents Wilder from strolling up to the kobolds cabin dressed as a kobold and knocking on the door (or attempt to open the door and step inside). If the cultists down south are paying any attention, they may spot Wilder. There is also the question of what the rest of the team is doing in the meantime.

I hope that set the stage a bit clearer. I will update the map with tokens when I get the chance (may be some time over the weekend).

spacer.png

Something else indeed... I didn't focus on DPR when making Cirmaran. There's more to life than combat. Versatility is my schtick, hence Rogue, Eldritch Trickster, Scout, and Horizon Walker. I'm still figuring out how to add another Cantrip per day (or, you know... TWO)... :)

This is also why Samrod isn't wielding a two-handed weapon for maximum carnage, but rather (at least currently) uses the weapon-and-free-hand style. Gotta make things flat-footed for that cowardly ranged Rogue... 😉

But yes, even when Samrod should pick up the Haste spell, it would probably be better to have that cast on Boradur: "Strike the fear of Torag into them, Effendi!", because not only does Boradur good damage, the Fear effect from Intimidating Strike debuffs the enemies further. And with 4 actions, Boradur can do IS, a normal strike, and still raise his shield. Or, on occasion, use IS twice.

Seriously, right now Samrod is doing more damage by debuffing foes then by hitting them, although Wilder is doing a lot to help with his tripping bolas too! After all, a foe that Wilder managed to trip is one Samrod does not need to trip. But Combat Grab is still good to use as a 2nd attack.

One quick note, Haste would not let Boradur IS twice, because the extra action can only be used for Strike or Stride. However, it would still add a good bit to his tactics, allowing him to have an action for raising shield in almost every situation.

Nope, Strike is a subordinate action of Intimidating Strike. Haste is good, but it's not just a free extra action.

Subordinate Actions

An action might allow you to use a simpler action—usually one of the Basic Actions on page 469—in a different circumstance or with different effects. This subordinate action still has its normal traits and effects, but is modified in any ways listed in the larger action. For example, an activity that tells you to Stride up to half your Speed alters the normal distance you can move in a Stride. The Stride would still have the move trait, would still trigger reactions that occur based on movement, and so on. The subordinate action doesn’t gain any of the traits of the larger action unless specified. The action that allows you to use a subordinate action doesn’t require you to spend more actions or reactions to do so; that cost is already factored in.

Using an activity is not the same as using any of its subordinate actions. For example, the quickened condition you get from the haste spell lets you spend an extra action each turn to Stride or Strike, but you couldn’t use the extra action for an activity that includes a Stride or Strike. As another example, if you used an action that specified, “If the next action you use is a Strike,” an activity that includes a Strike wouldn’t count, because the next thing you are doing is starting an activity, not using the Strike basic action.

That is an interesting thread.

On the one hand, you have people make a few types of complaints. And then you have some people complaining about the complaints, almost like they don't understand how Reddit works 😁 And then you have people misunderstanding what other people are saying. And every so often there's a post that pulls everything together in a way that makes total sense, but usually those aren't the posts getting upvotes.

I love threads like that because I think there are a lot of good points being made, and some of the posts help me understand balance issues more.

@Abberdaggus

So, hmm... there are a lot of moving parts here, all spaced out quite a bit.

I guess I'm thinking (although it's probably really dangerous!) that Wilder will walk towards the lone Kobold, taking a path that goes to the east of the cage. Or if that kobold disappears, towards the kobold's cabin.

ร—
ร—