Cult of Cinders OOC

Abberdaggus

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNev55GI.jpg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%20%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DSamrod%20Ik-Sanjar%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fog.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2399389%22%5DSamrod%20Ik-Sanjar%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%2054%2F92%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D25%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DSteel%20Shield%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Hardness%3A%205%20Hp%3A%2020%2F20%20(10)%0A%5BB%5DHero%20Points%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%200%0A%5Bb%5DCantrips%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Light%2C%20Shield%2C%20Message%2C%20Electric%20Arc%20%0A%5BB%5DSpells%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Longstrider%20x1%2C%20Blood%20Vendetta%20x0%20%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D%0A
Nev55GI.jpg
Samrod Ik-Sanjar
Samrod Ik-Sanjar
HP: 54/92 - AC: 25
Conditions:
Steel Shield: Hardness: 5 Hp: 20/20 (10)
Hero Points: 0
Cantrips prepared: Light, Shield, Message, Electric Arc
Spells: Longstrider x1, Blood Vendetta x0

Samrod was hoping for the strange creature to surrender, but it does not. Instead, being at least trained in the craft of spellcasting, he realises that it attempts to cast a spell. Immediately, Samrod lashes out to try and disrupt the casting...

Name
Strike with Dragon Gauntlet
34; 12
1d20+16;2d6+6 [18]; [18,5,1]

And for leons1701: I'm less sure of the math... Paizo abstracted the heck out of bulk, so I really don't know how long it would really take to push (not carry) all that dirt back into the pit.

20 hours ago, Daryk said:

Uh... Wrong thread?

Uhmmm - thats a bit annoying: Apparently, I can' move the post to another thread in the same topic - only to another topic (or even to another forum). In what world would that design decision make any sense?!?

23 hours ago, Lycar said:

@Abberdaggus My bad, I did not specify where to put Samrod, but yeah, SE, S, S, SE for 25' of movement and SE, E, E, E, E for another 25' should get him there.

Edit: Eh... is a 34 a critical hit by any chance? What with the critter being Frightened 1? Because AoO: "If your attack is a critical hit and the trigger was a manipulate action, you disrupt that action."

Ahhh, damn.... Edit time!

It is a crit, so I guess our friendly neighborhood chaos outsider will remain standing in her place. Poor girl....

I'll be doing some editing on the main IC thread shortly.

EDIT: Done! Feel free to edit your post as appropriate.

19 hours ago, Daryk said:

And for leons1701: I'm less sure of the math... Paizo abstracted the heck out of bulk, so I really don't know how long it would really take to push (not carry) all that dirt back into the pit.

To be honest, I wouldn't get my hopes up. The lifting belt adds a bit extra oomph to Cirmaran's carrying capacity, but it doesn't turn him into a superhero. Granted, Cirmaran is fairly strong to begin with, but even so. So when thinking about how long time it would take to fill up a mine pit using a table as a shovel, imagine Conan the Barbarian (at best), not Clark Kent.

Edited by Abberdaggus (see edit history)

@Abberdaggus I cloned the post into the IC thread. Also, if he/she/it only lost the 2 actions from the disrupted spell, he/she/it still has 1 action left to bug out. And Samrod is fresh out of AoOs/Reactive Strikes.

But yeah, I don't see us fill in this pit in any meaningful way, plus I don't fancy picking a fight with (probably) poisonous venomous spiders.

Edit: Oh dear... poor critter. Is that the murderhobo equivalent of 'shot while attempting to flee'?

Although I bet the spiders are poisonous too...

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

I edited my post to account for Samrod doing what Fighters do best! And all right... I yield on the "bury it" idea, but metagaming it, I have to wonder if they're tapping a ley line. The Ekujae may eventually invest the effort necessary to bury it again. Or leverage the ley line/node for their own purposes.

@AbberdaggusI know you said the creature died as it fell to the ground -- and that it's pretty typical for creature to just die instead of falling unconscious in PF2e -- but Wilder was trying to heal it regardless. No worries if it doesn't work.

Sorry for the wall of text, I do believe we are out of combat rounds now though.

@ifreedman Love Wilder's dedication to being a Good Guy! 🙂 Why is he accusing Samrod of having it out for shapeshifters though? We are getting along with Renali just fine, and Anadi are shapeshifters too. Plus there is Samrod's own scaly affliction going on.

And yes, as much as Samrod is... ambivalent about it, I hope Pendergrast tags along. I... have an idea about doing something about that ponderous ponce once we are back at the Ekujae village. But I don't want to spoil anything just yet, just play along for now please?

18 hours ago, Lycar said:

Sorry for the wall of text, I do believe we are out of combat rounds now though.

@ifreedman Love Wilder's dedication to being a Good Guy! 🙂 Why is he accusing Samrod of having it out for shapeshifters though? We are getting along with Renali just fine, and Anadi are shapeshifters too. Plus there is Samrod's own scaly affliction going on.

And yes, as much as Samrod is... ambivalent about it, I hope Pendergrast tags along. I... have an idea about doing something about that ponderous ponce once we are back at the Ekujae village. But I don't want to spoil anything just yet, just play along for now please?

It was mostly Pendergrast who was acting nasty, but then Samrod struck down the creature, that's why. I know that wasn't you or Samrod. Wilder is just being reactive, so please don't take it personally!😁

@ifreedman Thanks for clearing that up. 🙂

Wilder might even pick up on Samrod feeling slightly guilty about his accidental kill. In true Lawful fashion, he is rationalising his actions, the poor sod. If Wilder, fellow Dragon Scholar, would point out to Samrod, that even good Dragons sometimes cause terrible things to happen, if they let their might get to their scaly heads, he might make Samrod hesitate to actually take an AoO/RS on a foe instead of risking an accidental kill in the future. 😅

@Daryk Saaay... does Cirmaran plan on getting Trained in Performance, like, ever?

Edit: Not to spoil anything, but... don't you think that Pendergrast deserves some vicious mockery?

Just read the IC thread... that's a FANTASTIC response to Pendergrast! I almost feel sorry for Abber having to come up with a reasonable response to that... ;D

@ifreedman Heh, nice speech to Pendergrast! 😄 As for mocking Pendergrast...

@Daryk Certainly Cirmaran knows a few shanties and songs from his sailor life? Because, just perhaps, there is a jaunty tune mocking a Chelaxian Grand Admiral or something, which could be slightly rewritten to fit good ol' Gerhard? I have an idea about that. Too bad that none of us are trained in Performance, but oh well, the song ought to be memorable enough (even if Cirmaran and Samrod possibly drunkenly singing it may only be memorable for just how bad the two sing...). 😉