Hidden thread not Hidden?

Jedaii

Hm.

I posted the content and chose the "Hide" feature in the upper right corner, which now reads "hidden" (but it isn't):

Screenshot2023-08-07214859.png.ca9ba70ead2ad7a4e46c1ba88b8bfc18.png

I am NOT a techie. I just look at features, read the User Guide and implement them as suggested. I am hoping the MW admins can resolve this issue not just for me, but for all the other GMs on this site 🙂

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Jedaii said:

Hm.

I posted the content and chose the "Hide" feature in the upper right corner, which now reads "hidden" (but it isn't):

Screenshot2023-08-07214859.png.ca9ba70ead2ad7a4e46c1ba88b8bfc18.png

I am NOT a techie. I just look at features, read the User Guide and implement them as suggested. I am hoping the MW admins can resolve this issue not just for me, but for all the other GMs on this site 🙂

I think that’s just a filter on the list that’s displayed, and not the private thread feature. To actually hide/make visible, then you have to enter the required users in the show for/hide from fields as @Eric pointed out above

@yxanthymir As Eric showed above, you need to use the Show to/Hide from fields to affect thread visibility. You need to edit the first post in your thread to see that menu, and then you can set the “Show To” field to only show to your username.

Make a Topic Private User Guide Entry

@Jedaii Also what should be used in your case if you’re trying to keep an entire thread private.

For individual posts to be hidden, you need to checkmark the box on each post you want to hide before clicking the “Hidden” button. The hidden option is actually supposed to be renamed to Soft Delete (what it functionally is) but that didn’t get changed for that menu. We’ll get that fixed and update the User Guide!

I did that, but there is no visual indication that the thread is hidden. If you search for unhidden threads, it will be shown as unhidden and if you search for hidden threads, it will not be shown as hidden.

So it is impossible to know if it is working properly and its actual state.