OOC

Papa Bear

I think Linden has about come to the end of his questions. Unless someone else wants to remind him of something he might have missed?

If not, I'll wrap it up in another post and try to dovetail in to what the rest of the team is doing.

There is probably something we thought of earlier but have forgotten, but I agree that it might be time to move on. Kennedy wants to be around to hall him to the army. I believe everyone else is still keeping some sort of secret identity.

• 3 weeks later...

I got caught up in some stuff, extra work shifts and other things.

I was not trying to shut down discussion on what to do with the Templar. Only stating that we do not have any real means of holding prisoners.

If I do not get any further debate/discussion on the Templar, then will move him to the army this weekend.

22 minutes ago, rauhric said:

Probably need to send him with video proof of his team's assault and confession, right? Are we sending his with his gear separately as well?

Army can request more information. Maybe the assault and stuff.

Gear is up to you. Kennedy doesn't want to be keeping prisoners because we really do not have the ability to hold them securely. There are only four of us, seven if you count the robobuddies, eight if we include Cameron. Unless someone is staying 24/7 then we cannot keep prisoners.

Keeping his stuff, that depends on if y'all want to try and investigate it further. Kennedy does not have the technical abilities to do anything with it.

Maybe the Robobuddies can do scans first on gear and then remove important parts and send the rest with the Army, right? This way, if there is something in the gear that is special in either tracking or threatening us then we can at least not give the Army an upper hand in dealing with us in the future. I figure they will see us as a threat too and reverse engineer Templar gear, or just union up with them directly to take us down. At least lets make it a bit harder for them to do that if they are to eventually become our enemy.

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

Maybe the Robobuddies can do scans first on gear and then remove important parts and send the rest with the Army, right? This way, if there is something in the gear that is special in either tracking or threatening us then we can at least not give the Army an upper hand in dealing with us in the future.

Either give it to them or don't. No point in removing stuff. The army has so much more templar gear and tech to study, if they can figure out the "Essence Tracker" then they already have the parts for it. If you don't trust the Army, keep it all. We have Cameron for figuring stuff out at this time.

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

or just union up with them

I trust the Templar xenophobia to prevent that. The prisoner's description of things makes it sound like the Templars have infiltrated some outside organizations for information gathering/misinformation but not for alliance.

3 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Either give it to them or don't. No point in removing stuff. The army has so much more templar gear and tech to study, if they can figure out the "Essence Tracker" then they already have the parts for it. If you don't trust the Army, keep it all. We have Cameron for figuring stuff out at this time.

I'd have to say that's spot on, but who knows what our @$$hat GM will do

If we keep some of the gear, Linden might be able to keep talking to it. I could use that as a springboard to picking up new powers (something gear– crafting related, GM permitting) at some point down the line. I'm hoping Cameron comes back, but if he doesn't and we we don't bot him, it's one possible avenue — though Linden isn't likely to ever get near Cameron's competence in those fields.

But handing the stuff over isn't a problem, either. The idea of implanted trackers in Templar gear is a very valid concern. They are just the right kind of paranoid to want to make sure no ever gets ahold of their gear, and throwing trackers in their stuff so they can get it back seems on– brand for them.

2 hours ago, Varuna said:

The idea of implanted trackers in Templar gear is a very valid concern.

Signals we can scan for and turn off.

Or stick it in a faraday cage.

• 2 weeks later...