OOC

Papa Bear

And Tom is basing this on what?

If rauhric is just playing crazy, paranoid, homeless person, then that's one thing.

I am asking PB if there was something I missed from the Templars that would indicate they know anything about our secret Identities.

Tom is jumping into conclusions. He assumes their hideout is secret and they got tracked back to it because the Templar know who they are, not because they are probably tracking tech he and the robobuddies might have stolen.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Roughtrade said:

Catching up with everything. Swearz I haz inputs for this. Just not enough time to articulate them yet.

Was going to spend more time on this, but someone at work broke their foot last night and I am being called in four hours early to cover a shift. This is a bit hurried and I won't have much time to review/edit the way I usually do. Or use In Character voice.

Re: Moving the Home Base. I am against it. Unless Aria has enough shell companies and other misdirection's, discovering who owns it is just as easy and discovering who owns the Cameron's recycling place. I think it serves much better as a safe house if we need to hide a friendly than a place to take prisoners or generally hang out. We should look into reinforcing it though.

We do not know for certain how the Templars found us, but considering they have been searching for their magic gunk for centuries, I would figure they have a means to detect it in high concentrations. Which makes it likely they can always find us when they want. After listening to our one prisoner, it does not seem like they are interested in attacking families. They seem unconcerned with collateral damage, but at least they are focused on us.

I am still confused about the Templar set up. Our prisoner comes from 'normal' people and real world background and was recruited. But the presentation of the Templars still feels like they are a Roman Legion that has no understanding of the present. As a throw back to the Geneva Convention. If they are aware of current events, they know that considering themselves in a war still doesn't matter. If they didn't sign the Geneva Accords, they are not covered by it.

It has the feel, to me, that they are still somewhat controlled or drugged. I feel like there is a lie or something wrong with their presentation. However, if I am just over thinking it, feel free to tell me to back off, because none of us can possibly think of everything when creating this sort of set up. There will always be things Players think of that the GM did not. It's part of the system.

But to confirm: Templars recruit modern day citizens. They are fanatics, willing to die for their cause.

I could wish for Cameron to investigate more of the Templar Tech. How are they getting from France to middle America undetected? Can the robobuddies reverse engineer their flying things and get us mobility to strike back?

Also

Our current guy was in Denver to kill someone but doesn't know where the base is? Did they blindfold him when flying him in?

The Templars have to be our main focus as a group. And getting the word out to other supers in the world is important. Another thing to add to Kennedy's list of questions and answers she wants to have with Superion when and if she ever gets around to finding him.

I still want to get back to investigating the White Zombie drug and stuff.

We also need to follow up on the 'high tech' robbers with no obvious science background. And the flying suit guy. Someone seems to be testing our abilities and/or observing our reactions. This is very troubling.

But the Templar threat is more important.

At work, so can't address all of that as well as I will when I get home. I wasn't going to post this until I got home but realized the thread won't show as new and I might forget so wanted to post something just in case and maybe spur another question to help remind me.

Anyway, @Roughtrade you are pretty accurate in your assessment of the Templars. They are an ancient organization and who don't hold to national or international laws nor even the church. They are fanatical and cling to doctoring that probably seemed more reasonable back in the 1500s than by today's standards.

The assassin just flew into Denver and met with a handler with old fashioned passcodes and was given instructions on where his murder gear was would be waiting for him, but which is where he was supposed to return it for disposal (sniper rifle with suppressor). He never went to the base.

Also @Papa Bear did we discuss at one time, and this may have been a good while ago, of doing some sort of "Wall of Weird" thread page where all of our individual and group missions info would be posted so we could refer to it later? I know this is probably more work for you, but I really don't remember all the details we covered in the past (i.e., personal missions and whatnot and how it overlaps with everyone else's missions).

Cameron Suggestion 

Not sure if this is workable, but it feels like it should. Cameron somehow 'becomes one' with the junkyard/base. Essentially giving us an AI and a base which can defend itself if we are away. Instead of having to work out a bunch of little traps, PB can use Camerons power and stats as the defense of the base. And the robobuddies can make traps too, if they want.

Cameron maintains a sort of physical form but it cannot leave the area of the junkyard, which allows us to maintain the cover story of this is just a place with a bunch of broken crap. If Cameron does come back as a full PC, then there isn't any big gap of why he was gone. He was here all along.

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

OoC: The Robobuddies could help us design a communication network based off their unique language. Much like how Babel is able to communicate with objects I think the Robobuddies have something akin to that. One translates for Two and Three, but their language isn't strictly ones and zeroes, but beeps and blips and buzzes (there is the occasional raspberry as well).

This reminds me of the Navajo Code Talkers in WW2. Germans could not break those codes because they didn't have access to Navajos to learn the language. Our team is lucky that we have the Robobuddies. They can be our Navajo Code Talkers. The Robobuddies can create a communication system that just uses their language that Dos and Tres offen use and each of us could have a special phone that uses Uno as the main operator (just like in the Matrix movies). All communications could run through Uno and if anyone intercepts our calls then it will just sound like Dos and Tres bickering at each other.

I really would like to keep this sort of conversation out of the Live Thread for clarity.

This is great, but I was thinking more than that.

Person of Interest. Great show if you never watched.

In one of the later seasons, they established their own wireless network. You couldn't tap their phones because it was a different bandwidth.

Sure, it couldn't stop a dedicated search if you knew where to look, but normal "tap the phone" or listening failed as well as tracing calls because it went nowhere. It allows us to call the police, FBI or Army and not get traced back. I think the robobuddies could pull something like that off. Plant enough receivers around the city so we have safe coverage while we are calling from Sovereign City.

Scrambling them after that, so we are coded if the signal is captured is good too. But I am more concerned about signal tracing so that Aria can call us for help without it leading people back to her home.

But Kennedy isn't a tech person, so she won't think of this.