The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

Oh, I didn't know the parchment was enchanted. I thought it was just any old parchment could be used with the box. I guess that's a good balance, cause I was planning on just using these things like an ender pearl, following the birds as they carried various threatening messages to the Zhents.

1 hour ago, Doggie_arf said:

We can pool money if we need more, I guess.

....after we figure out how much we've spent on refurbishing Trollskull Manor post-discounts.

72 gold each

9 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

Oh, I didn't know the parchment was enchanted. I thought it was just any old parchment could be used with the box. I guess that's a good balance, cause I was planning on just using these things like an ender pearl, following the birds as they carried various threatening messages to the Zhents.

I'm now imagine some random Zhent named Send welching about all the magic letters from Badmaw threatening to eat him, all day, every day.

Just now, Doggie_arf said:

I'm now imagine some random Zhent named Send welching about all the magic letters from Badmaw threatening to eat him, all day, every day.

Lmao

On 3/18/2024 at 7:09 PM, Kamishiro_Rin said:

Pulling back the curtain a tad: you can do most of these "simultaneously". It's not an all-or-nothing. The LA's task is to meet the sweepers at 6 AM every day for ten days. Once they finish their work up in the morning, you have the rest of the day to go do things like find a talking horse. Where you'll need to pick days is for the scarecrow reports (they come out in the evenings), and the gang fights (in the evenings). What I figure is that because the related events for these happen on a chance-basis, is that you might consider just commit to spending some evenings out by Undermountain looking for the scarecrows (EE), then some evenings down in the Field Ward to stop a random fight (OotG).

Gotcha, that works. In that case, my vote is to spend the evenings on the Scarecrow first, then when it's dealt with shift to evenings at the Field Ward.

Just wanting to keep momentum, what rolls should we start making for the sweepers in the morning, talking horse in the afternoon, and scarecrow in the evening?

Rani will immediately bring the scarecrow to the others for investigation once I finish up her next post (fiddlesticks is that you-) and then we can figure out who would be the most useful for rolls in other situations/missions and try and coordinate with that? Or however people wanna do the simultaneous mission shenanigans.

In the future it might be better to handle these sorts of things one at a time, cause we're essentially having to make 5 posts in one, and it's a fair bit of writing.

Honestly I was excited to see us tackle the quests all at once. Felt like a way to keep things moving and not take months to do what we could in a few weeks. However if people are going to just ghost... not so sure.

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

Honestly I was excited to see us tackle the quests all at once. Felt like a way to keep things moving and not take months to do what we could in a few weeks. However if people are going to just ghost... not so sure.

If you're referring to Zaffo, he hasn't ghosted us. He's dealing with a major IRL issue ATM, and said he'll try to get his post in next week.

46 minutes ago, Doggie_arf said:

It has been a lot to parse - I'll put something up this long weekend.

(Since there are multiple encounters, do we treat them as the same day in terms of resources?)

Actually no! These all just take place over about month-ish.

This is the most sand-boxy portion of the game, and once we finish these, and two other things that will come up later, we'll level up.

And I'm back! The trip went mostly smoothly, though I could have done without the rain, and I could have definitely done without the 50-minute train-ride from my hotel to Akiba (plus the 600 m walk from the station to my hotel). That really puts a damper on things you'd like to do. Usually, I stay in a hotel in Ryogoku (but the prices were too high and they were all booked out, anyway), two stops from Akiba, so if I want to take a load off, rest up, or just drop off some loot, it's no bother whatsoever. This time, taking a load off would mean 2 hours of train rides. Ugh.

The new shinkansen from Tokyo to the town near mine was a blessing, though. No more transfers! Woohoo! Also, getting reserved seats wasn't such a problem.

I also went to the Warner Brother's Studio Tour Japan: The Making of Harry Potter! They tell you to plan 3.5–4.5 hours for your tour, but if you participate in all the photo-ops, you're easily looking at 6 hours—and that's not even including the hour they let you into the gift-shops and restaurant before your scheduled time!

Sounds like a good time. Were the diagon alley interiors all furnished? Do they have the wand shop, and the tavern with the butter beer like in the universal one?