The Out-of-Character Chat Thread

Finished up my essay too.

What I could of it, anyway - there wasn't really much I could think of for Pen and Badmaw at the moment. Unless they'd like to complain about being dragged to the opera - Renaer did give the entire party tickets...

(BTW, my mental image of Rurik's fine attire is pretty much Denken from Frieren, except with blue hair.)

Edited by Doggie_arf (see edit history)

So with the repair expense covered, we just have to cover the guild fees, the first round of expenses, and the promoting.

250+60=310/5= 62g each upfront expenses

And 10g each every tenday for promotion.

Does everyone have 72 gold for the tavern? If not, I can spot you some and yall can pay me back later.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kazic5000 said:

Don't even worry about it. Seems like there's a lot of setup for this chapter, and you've been posting pretty well.

Yeah, this is a VERY sand-boxy chapter. Basically, you each do your factions' initial quests, get your tavern up and running, and deal with another thing two things that haven't come along, yet, and then we level up and move into chapter 3. But the order of things isn't entirely set in stone.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

To help things along, if you need Amberlyn to make a call on her Faction, can do that. For the moment had posted just her asking a question to their guests, but can handwave it if we want to move forward with the first faction quest.

EDIT: @Kazic5000: Also realized looking back that I'd missed that Badmaw didn't actually say what he was. Can redo my last post so Amberlyn doesn't know the vampirism part, or we can roll with it and call it her divine intuition or a lucky guess. I'll let you make the call since this is your character's secret at stake.

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)

@Peacemonger I had planned for this to come out at some point anyway, probably at level 3 when there would be very obvious physical changes from my subclass. It's cool if Amberlyn is a little ahead of the curve. If she could keep the secret it would probably go a long way to building trust and respect with Badmaw. Perhaps in her village there was a problem with vampires, so they have legends passed down through the ages.

6 hours ago, Peacemonger said:

To help things along, if you need Amberlyn to make a call on her Faction, can do that.

I need to look through the posts to see what needs responding to. No need to rush to declare, but I'd prefer less back-and-forth on that than more, just so we can get all the balls rolling--and with several factions, there are a lot of balls that are already, or need to start rolling. LOL

@Kamishiro_Rin Could the lord's alliance perhaps provide us with a writ from the open lord that that would get the guards off our backs? Something along the lines of 'Hey, Badmaw's working for the government, doing good for the realm, here's my official seal, leave him alone.' Or perhaps the lord's alliance could use some of their influence to promote trollskull tavern, or get the dungsweepers to waive their guild fees?

Cause right now some random guy is asking him to work pro bono and take a tenday out of working at his fledgling tavern for just loot, which Badmaw could just go find one of the gang insignias himself and kick in some doors. At that point, why work with the alliance?

5 hours ago, Kazic5000 said:

@Kamishiro_Rin Could the lord's alliance perhaps provide us with a writ from the open lord that that would get the guards off our backs? Something along the lines of 'Hey, Badmaw's working for the government, doing good for the realm, here's my official seal, leave him alone.' Or perhaps the lord's alliance could use some of their influence to promote trollskull tavern, or get the dungsweepers to waive their guild fees?

Cause right now some random guy is asking him to work pro bono and take a tenday out of working at his fledgling tavern for just loot, which Badmaw could just go find one of the gang insignias himself and kick in some doors. At that point, why work with the alliance?

You can ask in character

Right on, deal sounds good. Does Amberlyn get her own mission, or did the Gauntlet guy only have the one?

And did yall have any preference which one to tackle first? I thought the scarecrow one sounded cool.

Also, how are we gonna handle this in character? They all seemed to have some urgency to them. Are we gonna be handling these as if they're all playing out at once, or one by one?

4 hours ago, Kazic5000 said:

Right on, deal sounds good. Does Amberlyn get her own mission, or did the Gauntlet guy only have the one?

And did yall have any preference which one to tackle first? I thought the scarecrow one sounded cool.

Also, how are we gonna handle this in character? They all seemed to have some urgency to them. Are we gonna be handling these as if they're all playing out at once, or one by one?

The "Level-2" Gauntlet mission is shared between Pen, @zaffo, and Amberlyn, @Peacemonger.

As for IC handling, 1-by-1 is just fine. Pick which one you feel is most urgent and work backwards to least.