Jibber Jabber

Draidden

@Ensou I've put the icon where I'm guessing you're dragging it, but feel free to move it into another square of your choosing - so long as it is no more than 10' away from its previous location and in your direction. I've got its original location noted on the map as well with a sort of 'negative' image of the blue gargoyle.

The spell itself doesn't knock it prone, but Paaras' attack might do the trick. I'm presuming you're focusing on the blue gargoyle. For those acting AFTER Ongotho's attack, remember you might have to move to make your attack, given the new position of your target.

Edited by Stiehle (see edit history)

Ah sorry, I was not clear. I don't mean to make it prone, just bring it down from the air to stand on our same plane of height. The idea is to 'ground' the air creature and lose its benefit of flight, so where you placed it should still be fine and in range of my fellow explorers.

Oh, I see what you mean! They actually aren't flying in the air currently, they're on the ground. I can't see gargoyles hovering in place very well, though they could definitely fly from Point A to Point B easily enough!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh goodie. Killed the Investigation check, but flubbed the disable one. If he can tell he failed then of course he would try again. If not, then that first step is really going to hurt.

I'll save you the sweating and let you know that you succeeded - if just barely! The Investigation check was a chance to lower the DC to... well, to 10! If you'd failed the first check, the DC would have been 18 - with failure meaning that you THINK it's safe, but it actually wasn't!

• 2 weeks later...

Ooo, Ongotho will stay right where he is for now.

Also, after the celebration I contracted Influenza A and I am only now on the mend. And in a matter of days, I have to recover in time to go on a week-long family trip overseas for a relative's wedding, so I will try to post from my phone while there or otherwise request the GM to NPC my character.